Play Big KG!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Play Big KG!!!

Hey KG how about manning up tomorrow and play a solid offensive low post game...I can assure you Chris Bosh cannot stop you and perhaps you can get some early fouls on him. Shooting 20 foot jumpers (esp when you aren't hittin them) puts a lot of pressure on this weak rebounding team. Also, please stop passing when you're 3 feet (and closer) to the hoop....throw it down. Play big like your size (6'11") instead of this point guard mentality you have on offense. Send Miami another message.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Play Big KG!!!

KG should listen I'm with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Play Big KG!!!:
    Hey KG how about manning up tomorrow and play a solid offensive low post game...I can assure you Chris Bosh cannot stop you and perhaps you can get some early fouls on him. Shooting 20 foot jumpers (esp when you aren't hittin them) puts a lot of pressure on this weak rebounding team. Also, please stop passing when you're 3 feet (and closer) to the hoop....throw it down. Play big like your size (6'11") instead of this point guard mentality you have on offensie. Send Miami another message.
    Posted by walk2run

KG is not just 6-11, he's a 7-footer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34 is right the dude is a 7 footer.

This game tomorrow will tell me if KG is toning it down since everyone seems to be trying to get in his head. You have all these fans, commentators, players and coaches railing on KG for some of his emotional antics. I think it's just a way to get him to relax and put the refs eyes on him. If other teams can get him to not be an emotional force for the C's it gives them a chance. THe only way to beat the C's is to get KG to play tentative. I need to see him have a big game and not let these comments affect him.Funny things is they would all want him on their team.

We need 20 and 12 from The Ticket tomorrow!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG is 6'11" but what's an inch here or there?

Bias - I think you're right.  KG is only human and you don't see the frothing trash talking guy in the last few games.  I think you're right that opponents are trying to get in his head, get the refs to focus on him, etc.  And....I think a little of it worked.  That's not why he's shooting jumpers, though.  He's always done that.  I do think its why he's not playing with his normal fire for the last few games.  But, I think that will change as he's a confident guy and very little affects him for very long.

He'll have a good game and even if he doesn't, he'll be a beast on D.  Expect a big game from Ray and BBD.  Paul may be preoccupied with Lebron  - don't know if he'll be able to focus on his O.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Control the paint you control the game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Play Big KG!!!:
    KG should listen I'm with you.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with all of the comments concerning KG.  The only way the Celtics win today is if Paul, Ray and KG all have outstanding games.  We have such a limited roster that it is going to be difficult to win unless the starters have good games and don't end up in foul trouble.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I don't think KG has recovered from his latest injury and he will play a more agressive roll during the playoffs, KG Paul and Davis have been a bit down for the last few games. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

KG hasn't been the "Big Ticket" in 2 months.  He has totally disappeared in the 4th quarter of the last 13 games.

So The Big Ticket is a Stub. He had 7 games with 1 FG -- 4 games with 0 FG's. -- 1 game with 4 FG's. -- 1 game with 2 FG's. in the 4th quarter.  His only good 4th quarter was against the Lakers, when he got 4 FG's in the 4th.

That sure doesn't help you come back if you are down, or hold a lead if you are ahead.

Get with the program Kevin. Stop laying eggs like a turkey, start playing like the Vulture you are supposed to be

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

KG  is  the  last  person  I  am  worrying  about.  The  Big  Three  knows  the  importance  of  this  game,  and  they  always  step  it  up  when  playing  Miami  or  Orlando,  so  I  fully  expect  them  to  bring  their  "A"  game  today,  including  Rondo  and  Perkins.

Win  or  Lose,  and  playing  in  Boston,  expect  the  Celtics  to  play  some  good  basketball  today.  I  expect  some  great  defense  also. Expext  Rondo  and  Perkins  to  shine,  especially  Rondo. 

Doc  Rivers  will  prep  them  up,  trust  me.  They  don't  even  need  extra  motivation,  they  will  be  up  to  the  task.  Even  if  we  are  injury  depleted,  don't  be  surprised  if  we  win  the  game.  It's  possible.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, CaptChris.  You should check your stats further.  Those are the stats for KG in almost ALL games.   The Celtics went 23 and 4 to start the season.  During that stretch, KG has only 3 games over 20 points and with lots of points in the 4th quarter.  In all those wins, I bet you were not complaining about KG's performance, eventhough just like now, he wasn't taking a lot of shots.  

point is, my friend, that KG ALWAYS has only 1 to 4 FG's in the 4th quarter.  The Celts are a balanced team and we win not by an individual having a huge 4th quarter (except maybe Paul and Ray) but by passing the ball and everyone contributing.   Let's be thankful for team ball, not hero ball and stop asking our guys to step out of character and try to be heros.

Go Celts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Wow what short memories.

Remember Celtics vs, Lakers in LA. Was that thirteen days ago?

I do not have a high comfort level for this game.

The good news, is that the Heat are not as big as the Lakers so it may be possible for KG to play more aggressively on defense and not fear foul trouble. Unless we can get a sub or two back, it is likely that  KG's play will not be as aggressive as usual at least against big teams. 

In this game, I am more concerned about Pierce and the lack of an effective substitute at small forward. He undoubtedly will be in foul trouble with LJ playing.

It will be interesting to see how Doc handles this situation.

In the long run there really is very little to worry about. When the Celtic walking wounded return, the stifling defense will return and the other teams will be looking up at the Celtics. 

The Lakers and the Heat were just lucky to catch the Celtics with half a team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Hey, CaptChris.  You should check your stats further.  Those are the stats for KG in almost ALL games.   The Celtics went 23 and 4 to start the season.  During that stretch, KG has only 3 games over 20 points and with lots of points in the 4th quarter.  In all those wins, I bet you were not complaining about KG's performance, eventhough just like now, he wasn't taking a lot of shots.   point is, my friend, that KG ALWAYS has only 1 to 4 FG's in the 4th quarter.  The Celts are a balanced team and we win not by an individual having a huge 4th quarter (except maybe Paul and Ray) but by passing the ball and everyone contributing.   Let's be thankful for team ball, not hero ball and stop asking our guys to step out of character and try to be heros. Go Celts.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

KG scores 9 points, 2 FT attempts, against the Bobcats and the Celtics lose. Against the Lakers KG scores 10 points, 2 FT attempts, the Celtics lose again. If KG can't step up in the 4th qtr. what makes you think the Celtics will win a championship again?

There's no excuse for a 7-foot PF getting only 2 FT attempts in a game. KG is being paid an average of 20m per season. If he only plays like a 10m per year player then why not ask him to take a pay cut so that the Celtics can use the other 10m to sign another player. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Wow what short memories. Remember Celtics vs, Lakers in LA. Was that thirteen days ago? I do not have a high comfort level for this game. The good news, is that the Heat are not as big as the Lakers so it may be possible for KG to play more aggressively on defense and not fear foul trouble. Unless we can get a sub or two back, it is likely that  KG's play will not be as aggressive as usual at least against big teams.  In this game, I am more concerned about Pierce and the lack of an effective substitute at small forward. He undoubtedly will be in foul trouble with LJ playing.   It will be interesting to see how Doc handles this situation. In the long run there really is very little to worry about. When the Celtic walking wounded return, the stifling defense will return and the other teams will be looking up at the Celtics.  The Lakers and the Heat were just lucky to catch the Celtics with half a team.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

KG attempted only 1 FT against the Lakers at LA. While it's true that KG played well at LA, it still doesn't change the fact that he's settling for 20-footers.

You live by the outside shot, you die by the outside shot. Just ask the Phoenix Suns. 

It's not about becoming a banger or trying to become an inside the paint player, it's about being more aggressive! If KG doesn't want to post-up then why not drive to the basket instead of settling for 20-footers. And why kick the ball out, after getting an offensive rebound, when you're a 7-footer and the basket is less than 5 feet away?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Hey, CaptChris.  You should check your stats further.  Those are the stats for KG in almost ALL games.   The Celtics went 23 and 4 to start the season.  During that stretch, KG has only 3 games over 20 points and with lots of points in the 4th quarter.  In all those wins, I bet you were not complaining about KG's performance, eventhough just like now, he wasn't taking a lot of shots.   point is, my friend, that KG ALWAYS has only 1 to 4 FG's in the 4th quarter.  The Celts are a balanced team and we win not by an individual having a huge 4th quarter (except maybe Paul and Ray) but by passing the ball and everyone contributing.   Let's be thankful for team ball, not hero ball and stop asking our guys to step out of character and try to be heros. Go Celts.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

G
    KG has been no part of the 4th quarter action.  In fact his whole 2nd half's have been missing on the "O"..  So you think that PP and Ray can carry Rondo  --  Perk  --  and KG in the 4th quarter.  Lots of luck.

You don't win Championships with the Big 2.  We proved that already.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wow, P34.  Seems you're posting the same words over and over on this topic.  Almost as if you've moved from just "criticizing" KG to "contempt" for KG.  Earlier this year, we all loved him for his fire and his ability to motivate the D (and many of us still do!!).  He was voted the most important and valuable Celtic on this team due to his defensive leadership.  Now if he isn't posting up and shooting a lot, you imply he's soft and not aggressive as if we got him for his offense!!.  He gets praised for his passes to his teammates for their easy baskets when we win then chastised and challenged and criticized for not being aggressive when the TEAM loses a couple of games (even with all the injuries the team has).  

I wonder why you spend all this time criticizing KG and no time talking about Pierce's fall off in production (which happened BEFORE the flu symptons).  Could it be that you've moved to the hater phase on KG when times have gotten tough?   You wouldn't be a fair weather KG fan now would you?   

Spend some time criticizing Pierce equally (which I've NEVER seen you do).   After all, they ALL played poorly in losses so why is it one player takes the brunt of your "challenges".  Face it, the biggest falloff has been PP's play!

In Jan, Pierce shot 54%, had 4.8 reb/gm, and scored 20.4 ppg. In Feb so far, he shot 42%, 4.4 reb/gm, and scored 16.4 ppg.  Wow, I wish he would be more aggressive.  NO EXCUSES, why doesn't he just step up?????  Aren't those YOUR words when a player is not playing as well?????

Now - I love PP.  I am not mad at him and I think he'll be fine.  I don't criticize him for a few bad games.  It happens.  You need to think the same way about KG.  Have some faith in your team and stop blaming one player when we all know what's going on with the TEAM and their back to backs and their injuries!

And when we win and KG has the exact same stats, I want to you criticize him in the wins to show your objective balance, ok?

Celts Defense will prevail in about 40 minutes.  Go Celtics!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG better be healthy. I am not sure he is. so today will be a good barometer.  PP hopefully will be feeling better.  The guy to worry about today may be a former Celtic Eddie House.  He will get a lot of open looks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Wow, P34.  Seems you're posting the same words over and over on this topic.  Almost as if you've moved from just "criticizing" KG to "contempt" for KG.  Earlier this year, we all loved him for his fire and his ability to motivate the D (and many of us still do!!).  He was voted the most important and valuable Celtic on this team due to his defensive leadership.  Now if he isn't posting up and shooting a lot, you imply he's soft and not aggressive as if we got him for his offense!!.  He gets praised for his passes to his teammates for their easy baskets when we win then chastised and challenged and criticized for not being aggressive when the TEAM loses a couple of games (even with all the injuries the team has).   I wonder why you spend all this time criticizing KG and no time talking about Pierce's fall off in production (which happened BEFORE the flu symptons).  Could it be that you've moved to the hater phase on KG when times have gotten tough?   You wouldn't be a fair weather KG fan now would you?    Spend some time criticizing Pierce equally (which I've NEVER seen you do).   After all, they ALL played poorly in losses so why is it one player takes the brunt of your "challenges".  Face it, the biggest falloff has been PP's play! In Jan, Pierce shot 54%, had 4.8 reb/gm, and scored 20.4 ppg. In Feb so far, he shot 42%, 4.4 reb/gm, and scored 16.4 ppg.  Wow, I wish he would be more aggressive.  NO EXCUSES, why doesn't he just step up?????  Aren't those YOUR words when a player is not playing as well????? Now - I love PP.  I am not mad at him and I think he'll be fine.  I don't criticize him for a few bad games.  It happens.  You need to think the same way about KG.  Have some faith in your team and stop blaming one player when we all know what's going on with the TEAM and their back to backs and their injuries! And when we win and KG has the exact same stats, I want to you criticize him in the wins to show your objective balance, ok? Celts Defense will prevail in about 40 minutes.  Go Celtics!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

In the 1st qtr. of the Heat game today KG went in the post, caught the pass, made the shot and got fouled. Is that so hard to understand?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Do I understand?????   Wow.  Your insults are just ignorant sometimes.  I'm going to try my best not to go there with you.

Talking with you is like talking to someone who just can't get off the same old topic.  Just stuck in the same gear.   You're smarter than this.  Why are you stuck on this same silly issue?????

Pierce is 0 for 7, by the way (he's usually off when concentrating so hard on D'ing up Lebron.  Garnett is playing just fine, good D on Bosh and takes his shots when there + passing well.  Celtics are 100% in the game.  We're fine, despite your argument that the problem is Garnett not playing aggressive.

Can't believe how stubborn you are.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Do I understand?????   Wow.  Your insults are just ignorant sometimes.  I'm going to try my best not to go there with you. Talking with you is like talking to someone who just can't get off the same old topic.  Just stuck in the same gear.   You're smarter than this.  Why are you stuck on this same silly issue????? Pierce is 0 for 7, by the way (he's usually off when concentrating so hard on D'ing up Lebron.  Garnett is playing just fine, good D on Bosh and takes his shots when there + passing well.  Celtics are 100% in the game.  We're fine, despite your argument that the problem is Garnett not playing aggressive. Can't believe how stubborn you are.   
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Stubborn? Are you watching the game? KG has 7 points and he got all of them from within 15 feet. What I'm trying to say is KG can do it, sometimes he just wants the easy way out and settles for the 20-footer.

It's a guarantee if Pierce will not make a single FG today the Celtics will lose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I suspect KG is worried about exploding upward like he did on that dunk weeks ago.  Since his injury he has not been dunking or going up hard offensively. He rebounds and plays defense but his offensive game is limited.   He seems to be running favoring his injured leg.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Play Big KG!!! : Stubborn? Are you watching the game? KG has 7 points and he got all of them from within 15 feet. What I'm trying to say is KG can do it, sometimes he just wants the easy way out and settles for the 20-footer. It's a guarantee if Pierce will not make a single FG today the Celtics will lose.
    Posted by P34

Yes, you're stubborn!   Take a little poll and ask how many people think we are leading in this game because KG is posting up and being aggressive offensively or because our D is playing well and the WHOLE TEAM is playing better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Play Big KG!!! : Yes, you're stubborn!   Take a little poll and ask how many people think we are leading in this game because KG is posting up and being aggressive offensively or because our D is playing well and the WHOLE TEAM is playing better.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

KG has 9 points, 7 came from within 15 feet. That's a good thing, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

KG already has 7 FTs attempts and it's still the 3rd qtr. That's what usually happens if you're aggressive. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Play Big KG!!! : KG has 9 points, 7 came from within 15 feet. That's a good thing, right?
    Posted by P34

Absolutely a good thing.  Is that your evidence that he's dominating the game offensively?   

I don't like what's happening in the game right now.  Please Paul, we need you right now.  Just a few good shots, please!

Sections
Shortcuts