Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time.

Whole Celtics team is playing bad!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Luke is out there....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Actually, JON is giving them good minutes tonight and Luke finally got three minutes at the end of the third and put in a nice reverse.  Ray has killed them tonight, though, with sloppy passing resulting in five TO's.  Pierce, too.  He has four TO's thanks to some bad passes himself.  But I'm sorry to say the team has played better with Ray on the bench (thus far).  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JON is horrible. This guy is useless.  Take the medicine let him go we need to get someone in who can play. This guy makes turnovers that are absolutely inexcusable.

By the way the idea that anybody would be interested in him is fantasy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Something is wrong with Ray.  Either his head or his body is not in it last few games.  HORRIBLE passes with terrible fundamentals (one hand passes into the players feet).  Paul is at least scoring and playing D.  Ray is providing nothing.

Nate giving us nothing.  Quis is helping but the whole team of subs look bad.

So, for those who wanted to see the subs get more time, unfortunately, you're going to get your wish!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time.:
    Something is wrong with Ray.  Either his head or his body is not in it last few games.  HORRIBLE passes with terrible fundamentals (one hand passes into the players feet).  Paul is at least scoring and playing D.  Ray is providing nothing. Nate giving us nothing.  Quis is helping but the whole team of subs look bad. So, for those who wanted to see the subs get more time, unfortunately, you're going to get your wish!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Jon has looked good tonight.  Not sure what most of these posters are watching.  What Ray is missing is Rondo.  Ray can't create on his own.  He needs to not dribble and spot up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

I wish Doc would take Pierce and Ray out of the game, Pierce is closing in on 40minutes and Ray is not that far behind, it obvious the Celts mind is on KG and not on this game, why risk injury. 

I especially worry about Pierce, he is playing with anger and reckless abandon tonight, apparently upset with the KG injury, and everytime he drives to the basket, I cringe and hope nothing happens to him also.

This has been a terrible...terrible day.   I just want this game to be over with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We're watching a different game.  JON looks bad.  Not as bad as his first game back, but still bad.  Fumbled two passes, again, and gave us nothing.  He's not stopping ANYONE.  In 22 minutes, he got a couple of layups and a couple of fumbles.   What did you like about that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We are where we were last year - starting to play .500 ball due to injuries.  We've won some close ones and lost some games by having nothing left at the end of the game (lost to Orlando and barely beat Philly). 

I think we'll be fine long term as long as KG is ok, but short term, get prepared for some ugly basketball (until Rondo and others are back).

For those who want to see more of the bench, you're not going to like the result!  Just like Nate is "ok" at best as a starter, likewise for others who will now have to step up.

Man, please just let us get to the playoffs healthy - result:  Championship!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We're watching a different game.  JON looks bad.  Not as bad as his first game back, but still bad.  Fumbled two passes, again, and gave us nothing.  He's not stopping ANYONE.  In 22 minutes, he got a couple of layups and a couple of fumbles.   What did you like about that?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

6 rebounds and 7 pts in 23 minutes. He didn't miss a free throw or shot.   BTW nobody is stopping ANYONE.

Bradley 5 minutes no stats again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I would argue that Jermaine gave the C's the best 23 minutes of any player out there.  His +/- was -4.  By comparison Pierce and Allen were -10 and -14 respectively.  Allen was simply horrible.  Pierce at least put the rock in the hoop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Bradley I just don't see as a PG.  He cannot (or he is afraid to try to) penetrate.  He just dribbles on the perimeter and gives it up.  I don't really understand Doc putting him at that position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, I agree Ray Ray Stunk it up and Paul was at least scoring like his old self.  But, don't let the stats fool you about JO.  He did nothing.  He just happened to to get to gifts as layup/short jumpers.  He hit 2 shots where someone gave him the ball.  My standard of "good play" is much higher than that.  The best that can be said is that he made fewer mistakes (although he did fumble the ball twice on passes and had it taken from once - humiliating and costly to the team).   Were you watching the fumbles and when they stole it from him when we were coming back?   Did you see the other guys rebounding over him?   

You're looking at the stats of 2 for 2 on shooting but you or I can hit two layups when paul passes it to us standing under the basket because he's double teamed.  JO did nothing more than hit the layup.  but his rebounding and ball handling stunk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bradley I just don't see as a PG.  He cannot (or he is afraid to try to) penetrate.  He just dribbles on the perimeter and gives it up.  I don't really understand Doc putting him at that position.
    Posted by joel49

Of course he's not a PG, he was a SG and a scorer in college.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yes, I realize that P34.  I just don't understand trying to convert him.  He just looks so uncomfortable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Yes, I realize that P34.  I just don't understand trying to convert him.  He just looks so uncomfortable.
    Posted by joel49

Totally agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

JON played well tonight..for the record..seems to be finally getting his rhythmn. needs more conditioning though. im impressed with Wafers play the last couple games, i think doc could do right by giving him some more minutes and sitting ray a little more. Bradley is starting to look more comfortable, although hes still raw. i think if they want a scrappy hustle they should put baby and luke in together, they hustle all day..

Never fear..#9 is back in the lineup fri (hopefully) and although we will be without kevin, our offense should see a better flow.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

lets blow up the team ala orlando. lets get rid of some guys get gerrald wallace, lets get marc gasole!!! omfg relax guys its one game. they will be fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

Agreed.  The trick is to just lower your standards considerably.  Then you'll start to believe he's actually playing basketball. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If Kevin is out for an extended period Doc on EEI today stated wouldn't hesitate using Semih at the 4 and throwing Luke out there more...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well, I agree Ray Ray Stunk it up and Paul was at least scoring like his old self.  But, don't let the stats fool you about JO.  He did nothing.  He just happened to to get to gifts as layup/short jumpers.  He hit 2 shots where someone gave him the ball.  My standard of "good play" is much higher than that.  The best that can be said is that he made fewer mistakes (although he did fumble the ball twice on passes and had it taken from once - humiliating and costly to the team).   Were you watching the fumbles and when they stole it from him when we were coming back?   Did you see the other guys rebounding over him?    You're looking at the stats of 2 for 2 on shooting but you or I can hit two layups when paul passes it to us standing under the basket because he's double teamed.  JO did nothing more than hit the layup.  but his rebounding and ball handling stunk.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Well maybe the C's should sign you then cause we need the help.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, OneonOne - the Celts do need the help.  As I keep saying, give JON a few weeks to prove himself and maybe he will show us something.  I'm all for giving him a try for another month.  But for now, he hasn't shown a thing.  Truly, he's a waste.  

We'll have to try him because Baby and Shaq won't last the whole game.  But, if his first couple of games back are any indication, we're in for a rough ride when he's in there.  I hope he proves me wrong!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

If Kevin is out for an extended period Doc on EEI today stated wouldn't hesitate using Semih at the 4 and throwing Luke out there more...
    Posted by beavis

Did you actually hear Doc say that?  His quote from the Celtics Blog this morning was written up as follows:

"It'll be a shorter rotation, clearly. We don't have a lot of bigs left. Right now, we would probably start Baby [Glen Davis], with Shaq [Shaquille O'Neal], and then you've got JO [Jermaine O'Neal] coming off the bench. From there you may use Luke [Harangody], you may go with a smaller lineup with Marquis [Daniels]. As a staff, we really haven't talked about it much, but that's probably what we would do."

No mention of Semih, which I thought was a bit weird.  I've been concerned about his lack of PT of late, although last night's box indicates a DNP due to upper respiratory problems.

I am glad to hear him mention Luke, though, as I think his play in limited minutes warrants his getting more PT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by joel49

What I don't understand is why we are always trying to convert guys to PG instead of drafting one.

Sections
Shortcuts