Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time.

Re: What I don't understand is why we are always trying to convert guys to PG instead of drafting one

Answer:  We draft late in the draft and the pickings aren't to Danny's liking so he tries to find a shooter/scorer/defender who can help the team.  He doesn't need the pure pass only point guard - he has one.

You don't solve all problems through the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time.:
    Re:  What I don't understand is why we are always trying to convert guys to PG instead of drafting one Answer:  We draft late in the draft and the pickings aren't to Danny's liking so he tries to find a shooter/scorer/defender who can help the team.  He doesn't need the pure pass only point guard - he has one. You don't solve all problems through the draft.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I am not going to look it up but I bet over the last three years there is a pt guard or two that we could have had.  I don't want another pass only pg either.  I want a guard that has a PG mentality and can shoot fts and open jumpers.  Doesn't have to be a all star just someone that can run the team.  That kind of player would fit in pretty good right about now eh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Maybe you're right, but I don't remember any draftees who were drafted below our pick who turned out to be good picks.  I admit I could be wrong, but please do the research and tell me who it would have been.  

Its easy to make the argument that we should have drafted a point guard who can pass and shoot with our end of the round draft choices, but put yourself in Danny's shoes and actually find one.   

Remember, we are a team for the last few years with a very good record and that means a very poor draft position by the NBA rules.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Just looked it up, OneonOne.....

2008: We drafted last in the first round (and 90% of all second rounders are not in the league at this point - I found one point guard from overseas)
    2009:  No first round pick....we drafted 3rd from last in the 2nd round 
    2010: We drafted 19th in the first round and Eric Bledsoe was drafted 18th.  Could have gotten Anderson (who I think we should have taken) but he's a shooting guard.  Couldn't find a good PG....maybe you can.

So, let me know what Point Guard you think we could have gotten with these draft picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Let's see PP is back to getting T's, and had 5 T/O's, but all is well.

Wait until we get Perk back and bring back Wallace at the deadline.

Then we can really get back to last year.  Technicals and losses.   OOPS!

Dwight Howard now has 14 Technicals  --  2 more and he is suspended.  But that's OK because he is puttiing up numbers?  HUH!  Innocent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Play Luke and Semih. JON and Bradley is waste of time. : Did you actually hear Doc say that?  His quote from the Celtics Blog this morning was written up as follows: "It'll be a shorter rotation, clearly. We don't have a lot of bigs left. Right now, we would probably start Baby [Glen Davis], with Shaq [Shaquille O'Neal], and then you've got JO [Jermaine O'Neal] coming off the bench. From there you may use Luke [Harangody], you may go with a smaller lineup with Marquis [Daniels]. As a staff, we really haven't talked about it much, but that's probably what we would do." No mention of Semih, which I thought was a bit weird.  I've been concerned about his lack of PT of late, although last night's box indicates a DNP due to upper respiratory problems. I am glad to hear him mention Luke, though, as I think his play in limited minutes warrants his getting more PT.
    Posted by joel49

I'm pretty sure he brought up Semih...maybe Semih shoulder is giving him trouble...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Erden is better than JON. Especially defensively.
    Posted by Kirk6

Your kidding right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yeah what is the deal with Semih? If he needs surgery get it done. He's dressing but getting DNPs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just looked it up, OneonOne..... 2008: We drafted last in the first round (and 90% of all second rounders are not in the league at this point - I found one point guard from overseas) 2009:  No first round pick....we drafted 3rd from last in the 2nd round  2010: We drafted 19th in the first round and Eric Bledsoe was drafted 18th.  Could have gotten Anderson (who I think we should have taken) but he's a shooting guard.  Couldn't find a good PG....maybe you can. So, let me know what Point Guard you think we could have gotten with these draft picks.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I will take your word for it.  I am too lazy to look it up.  I just figured there may be a couple.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

JO got 2 offensive rebounds in yesterdays game.  That was the team total.  He played half the minutes BBD played and got more than half as many rebounds.  He has barely played all season due to injury.  Rondo threw the ball away several times last night and looked pretty bad after sitting out only 7 games.  Do you want to sit Rondo for the rest of the year too because he looks a little rusty?  JO is a 5 time all star and healthy can add just as much to the team as Shaq at this point in their careers.

Sections
Shortcuts