Players reject offer - Hunter recommends "disclaimer of interest"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Players reject offer - Hunter recommends "disclaimer of interest"

Sterns alleged insulting remarks and public proclamations that the next deal will be much lower if the players pass on this deal is....imo... planned and intelligent.

Stern is letting all the players not sitting at the bargaining table know the deal is going to get worse. By stating this publicly and all the other things hes saying... Stern is accomplishing one thing....applying a tremendous amount of pressure to the players & their families watching. 

Its all being repeated over & over on all the sports shows.... deal getting worse, players losing paychecks, cancelling games deadlines... its all psychological warefare imo designed to melt down the players will.....

As far as insulting them in negotiations that they dont understand... well, I find the same tactics being played out. Face it, NBA players make lots of $$ but my guess is when they sit with a group of owners & Stern, deep down they feel inferior.. this is not their element and they are not preceived to be the more prepared/skilled in such an environment. What better way for Stern to let them know they are inferior... it causes ignorant reactions like the one Wade gave.  Just providing proof the players are over their heads and giving Stern/.owners the psychological upperhand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Stern is also trying to make the case to the players at large that they can trust his measured candor/straight talk more than they can trust the inflamed rhetoric of the union reps (and their hired gun high paid attorneys) who care little about the plight of the individual players who BTW didn't even get a chance to vote on the "final" offer.

The union bosses are talking treble damages awarded to the players (Good luck with that!) while Stern is talking about getting back to work!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Players reject offer - Hunter recommends "disclaimer of interest":
    Sterns alleged insulting remarks and public proclamations that the next deal will be much lower if the players pass on this deal is....imo... planned and intelligent. Stern is letting all the players not sitting at the bargaining table know the deal is going to get worse. By stating this publicly and all the other things hes saying... Stern is accomplishing one thing....applying a tremendous amount of pressure to the players & their families watching.  Its all being repeated over & over on all the sports shows.... deal getting worse, players losing paychecks, cancelling games deadlines... its all psychological warefare imo designed to melt down the players will..... As far as insulting them in negotiations that they dont understand... well, I find the same tactics being played out. Face it, NBA players make lots of $$ but my guess is when they sit with a group of owners & Stern, deep down they feel inferior.. this is not their element and they are not preceived to be the more prepared/skilled in such an environment. What better way for Stern to let them know they are inferior... it causes ignorant reactions like the one Wade gave.  Just providing proof the players are over their heads and giving Stern/.owners the psychological upperhand.
    Posted by Karllost

Thank you, Karl.  My point, exactly.  The players are playing checkers and Stern and the owners are playing chess. I think they also have a trump card up their sleeve.  If I were the owners, right before the case goes to Court, I would say -  we will give you 52% of the BRI, if you take all of our system changes - every one.  I really don't think the owners care that much about 1% or 2%, they want the system fixed!!  And with that move, they will win the sympathy of many fans who will then ask - what do the players want, anyway?  I think that would tell the Courts that it's the players who aren't negotiating fairly!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

if scal was commissioner, none of this would have happened. save the season scal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts