Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green....

Josh McRoberts - Pacers (FA)
    Jeff Foster - Pacers (FA)
    Tyler Hansborough - Pacers (rookie contract)
    Marco Belinelli - Hornets (FA)
    DeAndre Jordan - Clippers (FA)

Who do you like?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green....

Celtics fans zeroed at ARROYO-MURPHY-SHASHA for next season.
    ...have mercy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green....:
    [QUOTE]I would like DeAndre Jordan here..and would also sign up Arroyo Murphy and Pavo for the 9-11 spots..
    Posted by BBALLIQ[/QUOTE]
    I like those guys...and of course Green and Kristic.

JO Got to GO!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Signing Green, Krsitic and DAVIS should be top priority...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm fine w/ the EXACT team we have now plus a 1st rd pick...

Big Baby and Kristic and Green are all FA's. I have no illusions of Howard coming here in 2012. Sign players asap and compete for a title.

but when think about re-vamping this team with higher level players...

I'd try and use Baby in a sign and trade. Could we trade Baby and two 1st rd picks in a sign and trade for David West.

Who can we ship JON/Avery's 8 million too?

Who do we spend the MLE on?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think the Celtic's cheerleaders look good in green.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm fine w/ the EXACT team we have now plus a 1st rd pick... Big Baby and Kristic and Green are all FA's. I have no illusions of Howard coming here in 2012. Sign players asap and compete for a title. but when think about re-vamping this team with higher level players... I'd try and use Baby in a sign and trade. Could we trade Baby and two 1st rd picks in a sign and trade for David West. Who can we ship JON/Avery's 8 million too? Who do we spend the MLE on?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I like Baby more than David West.  West is a better shooter, but Baby is a much better defender.  I don't want to go away from the defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Try to keep who we have, if we can't try to get the guys you listed.  Davis, West, Green, and Kristic are worth going after, I also like the rest of our bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green....:
    [QUOTE]Josh McRoberts - Pacers (FA) Jeff Foster - Pacers (FA) Tyler Hansborough - Pacers (rookie contract) Marco Belinelli - Hornets (FA) DeAndre Jordan - Clippers (FA) Who do you like?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

If all of the expiring contracts that are currently on the Cs roster do indeed expire, the Cs are still way over the current cap and if anything, after they have a lockout and lower the cap and make it a hard cap, the question you pose will be more irrelevant than ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Keep everyone, except trade Rondo with J. O'Neil and ShaSha...to upgrade PG position.  Bradley spends time in D league while draft pick contributes.

Green, Davis, West, Krstic are most critical bench keepers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green.... : I like Baby more than David West.  West is a better shooter, but Baby is a much better defender.  I don't want to go away from the defense.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

Only on BDC could one read that Davis is better than West.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green.... : I like Baby more than David West.  West is a better shooter, but Baby is a much better defender.  I don't want to go away from the defense.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

Baby's D is not that much better. West is 2" taller and a borderline all-star. Anytime you can swap a 24-28 min 14-6 player w/ a couple holes in a game for a 32-26 min 18-9 player w/ less holes, you do it.

Flip-side of course we have to pay west 11-13 million instead of Baby 7-8. Prob have to kick in a draft pick or Avery in that swap, and West is turning 30, Baby 25.

but KG is the weakest length of our big 3 in terms of health and decline. Rondo-Ray-Pierce-Green-West-Kristic will score in bunches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think Danny should be aggrrssive this summer b/c he will have the pieces like Avery, JON, picks, Baby/Kristic sign and trade options, etc.

I think he should forget the Howard pipe dream.

I liked the idea of KG and a draft pick to the Cavs for Baron Davis and Andy Varejao. Then KG is bought out immediately and rejoins us for vet min.

Cavs save 35 million

We break even $ wise.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Memphis almost traded Mayo to the Pacers for Josh McRoberts and the 15th pick in the draft. A 7/5 forward same age as Baby, who scores a lot more.

Would they trade him to us for Baby, our 2012 1st and the 2013 2nd we got from Cavs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Kristic 24m, Shaq 12m, KG 12m
    PF - KG 12m, Varejao 24m, Green 12m
    SF - Pierce 28m, Green 20m
    SG - Ray 28m, Mayo 20m
    PG - Rondo 32m, Davis 16m

That seems like a good rotation to me.

We'd still have JON (who we can rotate w/ shaq early in the year, never play either O'Neal or KG in both back to backs) then trade his exp contract, maybe w/ Avery at deadline for something. Or an injury may make him a big part of the puzzle.

Big 3 get a HUGE breather, mins in the 24-28 range all year, and Rondo enters pre-season knowing he won't see the court in the last 4-6 mins of close games unless he suddently becomes a steady shooter from 18-20 feet and 75-80% at the line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]C - Kristic 24m, Shaq 12m, KG 12m PF - KG 12m, Varejao 24m, Green 12m SF - Pierce 28m, Green 20m SG - Ray 28m, Mayo 20m PG - Rondo 32m, Davis 16m That seems like a good rotation to me. We'd still have JON (who we can rotate w/ shaq early in the year, never play either O'Neal or KG in both back to backs) then trade his exp contract, maybe w/ Avery at deadline for something. Or an injury may make him a big part of the puzzle. Big 3 get a HUGE breather, mins in the 24-28 range all year, and Rondo enters pre-season knowing he won't see the court in the last 4-6 mins of close games unless he suddently becomes a steady shooter from 18-20 feet and 75-80% at the line.

Where does David West fit into your scenario?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

I could live with this:

C-Shaq/Krstic-Krstic/Shaq-Jordan
    PF-KG-Da. West-Green-Murphy
    SG-Ray-Richardson-Vujacic-De. West
    SF-PP-Green-Prince
    PG-Rondo-De. West-Arroyo

We buy out JON, let Davis walk and use half of the MLE on Richardson and Prince. We trade Avery for a second round pick. We sign David West and Green for 10-12 million over 2 yrs and Delonte, Arroyo, Vujacic and Murphy for the minimum. We sign Jordan for 2 yrs, 10 million and there you go. A successful offseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I could live with this: C-Shaq/Krstic-Krstic/Shaq-Jordan PF-KG-Da. West-Green-Murphy SG-Ray-Richardson-Vujacic-De. West SF-PP-Green-Prince PG-Rondo-De. West-Arroyo We buy out JON, let Davis walk and use half of the MLE on Richardson and Prince. We trade Avery for a second round pick. We sign David West and Green for 10-12 million over 2 yrs and Delonte, Arroyo, Vujacic and Murphy for the minimum. We sign Jordan for 2 yrs, 10 million and there you go. A successful offseason.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

c'mon... please show SOME comprehension of the salary cap (we are way over this summer) and value of FA's...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green.... : Where does David West fit into your scenario?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

He doesn't fit into that one.

There is one scenario where I'd trade Baby for Mayo.

Another where I'd trade him for West.

either way, you either keep him or get creative in a sign and trade.

you DO NOT let him walk for nothing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

1. glen davis
    2. jeff green
    3. delonte
    4. krstic

that's who we should look to lock up this off season.  if murphy shows him then maybe sign him for a ham sandwich 1 year redemption deal.  but so far i'd say murph is going to be playing for peanuts somewhere next year to prove he can still play vs. a multi year deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]1. glen davis 2. jeff green 3. delonte 4. krstic that's who we should look to lock up this off season.  if murphy shows him then maybe sign him for a ham sandwich 1 year redemption deal.  but so far i'd say murph is going to be playing for peanuts somewhere next year to prove he can still play vs. a multi year deal.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Agree that we dshould keep those 4 guys unless a serious upgrade in the form of a sign% trade w/ Kristic/Baby that can include picks, Avery and/or JON's exp is available.

Gotta think of roles, upside and the like w/ Baby over Green as your priority.

Baby has just about reached his peak (unless we expect 20lbs of fat loss and 3" of vert added in the next 1-2 years). He is good as your 5th-7th best player getting 22-26 mins and his 11-12 pts 5-6 rebs. He will never be an all-star.

Green being in Durants shadow and out of position w/ a shoot 1st PG has not yet become the complte possible all-star he can be.

Green getting 24 mins @ SF and 8 2 PF in the next few years will be an 18-19 point revelation running w/ rondo, letting PP/Ray play mins in the 20's and bothering wings w/ his length while still getting some mis-match mins against bench 4's.

Baby getting 24 mins @ PF and 8 @ C will be a 14-7 who gets exposed every now and then b/c of his below the rim game. You can find a borderline starter who gets you 11-5 in 24 mins w/ the MLE or a rookie who gets us that w/ our Clippers pick, only the chance to turn into something much better. You cannot replace Green with those 2 assets.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I say pick up a few of the refs.  They could have the biggest impact for us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green.... : Baby getting 24 mins @ PF and 8 @ C will be a 14-7 who gets exposed every now and then b/c of his below the rim game. You can find a borderline starter who gets you 11-5 in 24 mins w/ the MLE or a rookie who gets us that w/ our Clippers pick, only the chance to turn into something much better. You cannot replace Green with those 2 assets.

bah.  he's doing fine right now below the rim.  carried us tonight.  has shown the propensity to produce in a variety of clutch situations over the years, does off stat sheet things.  teams like to underestimate him and then usually live to regret it.

i think there is more upside to davis' game.  if he can get going with more of the inside game and hence more FTA's then he's not at his ceiling.  he could be 15 to 16 and 7 boards a night if he gets a steady diet of FTs thanks to his cedric maxwell-like juking in the paint.  he draws fouls with it and that's fine by me.  he also does a lot of scoring with his post game lately too.

rashid was the worst thing for davis' career ever other than doc burying him on the bench after he personally tuned up the pistons in that key win his rookie year.  people think davis has reached his peak and he keeps peaking higher.  he might as well do it for us for the next few years. 

put it to you this way- you won't find anyone better and anyone who comes in labelled as better by either perception or stats will NOT do the intangibles that davis does on team defense, hustle, drawing charges, etc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players to keep an eye on that might look good in Green.... : bah.  he's doing fine right now below the rim.  carried us tonight.  has shown the propensity to produce in a variety of clutch situations over the years, does off stat sheet things.  teams like to underestimate him and then usually live to regret it. i think there is more upside to davis' game.  if he can get going with more of the inside game and hence more FTA's then he's not at his ceiling.  he could be 15 to 16 and 7 boards a night if he gets a steady diet of FTs thanks to his cedric maxwell-like juking in the paint.  he draws fouls with it and that's fine by me.  he also does a lot of scoring with his post game lately too. rashid was the worst thing for davis' career ever other than doc burying him on the bench after he personally tuned up the pistons in that key win his rookie year.  people think davis has reached his peak and he keeps peaking higher.  he might as well do it for us for the next few years.  put it to you this way- you won't find anyone better and anyone who comes in labelled as better by either perception or stats will NOT do the intangibles that davis does on team defense, hustle, drawing charges, etc.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I agree to a certain point

I was furious that Danny chose Patrick O'Bryant over Birdman, therefore robbing us of the ability to get Ariza over Sheed a year later.

I guess we can't be sure exactly what either players next few years will be 100%.

I am pretty sure that PP/Ray have a better shot to maintain close to this level of play for 2-3 more years than KG does. I want to see Ray and Paul in the 28-32 min range next year but KG in the 22-26 min, take 15 games off, 2nd of back to backs, etc type range.

If you were to tell me that Baby could give us 16-17p w/ 7-8r if he became a full-time 32-34 min guy, while Green remains a 14-16p 5-6r guy who gets beat on D just a tad too much and remains a kinda emotionless player content to be the 4th best on a team... well... then I'd let Green walk and try to use the full MLE on Battier.

Battier/Baby is better than Green and JON or a PF we can get for the MLE like Kenyon Martin.

Delonte can get some mins @ SG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I BADLY want to package JON and Avery with our 2012 1st rd pick (since we now prob have LAC's in the teens) for a bench player. It can be someone making 7-9m a year.

The thing is, what position do we upgrade?

We'll have our 4 all-stars and Shaq next year. I'd have to assume we can pencil the big fella into a slightly better year health wise as he gets in shape for his final season. maybe 60 games, 14-16 mins per, a 9p-4r.

We can have a bench of Delonte - Green - Baby and Kristic, guys that deserve 20-28-32-28 mins per game IMO.

So what can we upgrade? My ideas were getting a defense big. maybe Dalembert for the MLE... this means Shaq is someone you expect nothing of. Try to get a young SG to eventually replace Ray? Someone who then steals mins from Green (since PP then gets no SG mins and Green less SF mins) or Delonte...

I brought up Mayo

Baby can be signed and traded for a better player like David West perhaps. But is paying West 5 million more than we can keep Baby for really much of an upgrade?

Sections
Shortcuts