Players who would lead us in blocks...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

Players who would lead us in blocks...

This is just a list of players that rank higher than our current blocks per minute leader Jared Sullinger that would be awfully pathetic if they were on our roster and leading us in blocks...

(as if a rookie with 20 games under his belt and no lift leading us wasnt bad enough)

Nicolas Batum, sf Portland

Matt Barnes, sf LA Clippers

Shane Battier, sf Miami

ERIC BLEDSOE, PG LA Clippers  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

James Johnson, sf Sacramento

Rasheed Wallace, Old New York

I realize shot blocking doesnt necessarily mean great defense, but something can always be said about having someone protecting the rim and although KG is still the defensive quarterback out there, he can no longer do that part. In years past we've compensated with quick hands and feet by getting charges and steals, but our steals are way down and last time I checked Jared Sullinger was leading us in charges taken too! I can believe I'm saying this because Brandon Bass was terrific last year defensively (second only to KG in the league!) but I think we miss big baby this year! Or a solid 7 foot shot blocking lane clogger, Darko Milicic anyone? Jason Collins isnt going to get it done long term at center despite him playin well in that role tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Players who would lead us in blocks...

In response to EastCoastAudio's comment:

This is just a list of players that rank higher than our current blocks per minute leader Jared Sullinger that would be awfully pathetic if they were on our roster and leading us in blocks...

(as if a rookie with 20 games under his belt and no lift leading us wasnt bad enough)

Nicolas Batum, sf Portland

Matt Barnes, sf LA Clippers

Shane Battier, sf Miami

ERIC BLEDSOE, PG LA Clippers  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

James Johnson, sf Sacramento

Rasheed Wallace, Old New York

I realize shot blocking doesnt necessarily mean great defense, but something can always be said about having someone protecting the rim and although KG is still the defensive quarterback out there, he can no longer do that part. In years past we've compensated with quick hands and feet by getting charges and steals, but our steals are way down and last time I checked Jared Sullinger was leading us in charges taken too! I can believe I'm saying this because Brandon Bass was terrific last year defensively (second only to KG in the league!) but I think we miss big baby this year! Or a solid 7 foot shot blocking lane clogger, Darko Milicic anyone? Jason Collins isnt going to get it done long term at center despite him playin well in that role tonight.

That's interesting and somewhat expected... The Cs desperately need a good big man, hard to watch lay up after lay up after dunk and after another dunk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Steimer would lead this team in blocks at 15 minutes a game.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Steimer would lead this team in blocks at 15 minutes a game.  

Steimer is like 2nd in the league in blocks per minute too. I have no doubt he'd put up the same 4 pts and 2 rebs (more likely 3-4 rebs tho) that Chris Wilcox is giving us now in those 15 minutes, plus at least a block and a half! He also be much better in our defensive scheme after a full season under his belt in it too. Lettin him go was the one mistake DA made this offseason, and it is really proving to be a "big" one noe, especially because we easily could have retained him with the Bi annual exception I do believe.

Sections
Shortcuts