Players will meltdown, already starting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Players will meltdown, already starting

Many more will turn on Hunter, Fisher et al when the owners start reducing their offer.

If they have any smarts about them, the Union will make a deal before tonights deadline. Their only concern will be how to save face after the butt whippin they took. That concern is what may keep the Union from settling...and then their deal will get worse and worse.

IT boils down to one question:  Who's more willing to have the NBA shut down permanently?

If you view it from that perspective... which side can walk away from the NBA and life goes on just about the same.  Hint - it aint the players. Most of their lives will change significantly and for the worse.

One more thing, enough with the show of support by the players...having them standing around Hunter is comical. Do they really think that sends a strong message to the owners or public of their resolve??

First off, the owners couldnt care less cause they know they're holding all the chips.. and they know who's gonna cave in...  Secondly, I think the public (fans) are more disgusted than anything else and maybe 25-50% are almost hoping the season gets canned out of spite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Players will meltdown, already starting

Karl,
    I agree the players better settle tonight or the sentiment for a season will be ruined. The owners know this so the players need to come down to earth and realize they are striking at a time when the economy does not support them.

As I said in another post egomaniacs like movie stars or athletes lose touch with reality and do not really get doses of it in their daily life. This sense is also compicated by players being younger and less mature. The only hope is the fringe players voice their concerns and express the hardships they are going through.
    It appears that the very richest hard liners don't really care though.  They have blown it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Let's not forget that this is a two-sided umbrella here.  Once the BRI "thing" is settled, we still have the system issues.  I maintain even Jerry Buss is not going to be happy paying 45 mill in lux tax!!  And that's what it would be under the current system.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Would love to see some reporters interviewing many of the lower paid players for reactions. Of course, that might take some common sense or effort that reporters arent interested in.

Sections
Shortcuts