Playing Perkins 33 minutes very dangerous?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Playing Perkins 33 minutes very dangerous?

LaughingWhy is Doc playing Perkins so much ? The man just returned from a major knee operation after blowing out his ACL and MCL.

JO is basically done for the year after going through another knee surgery. Shaq is so fat and old he is a non factor in games. Plus Shaq has hip-knee-back and now achilus tendon injuries. Take a look at Shaq the first week of the season and now,it looks like a promo for a weight loss program. Shaq has put on at least 20-25 pounds since training camp.

If Perkins goes down you have only Erden a rookie who gets in foul trouble.

I say Start Erden and play Perkins 20 minutes a game for the next 20 games and then pump up his minutes in the last month and play-offs.

Doc also needs to rest Allen more ,playing their best player 40 minutes a game is a huge gamble,especially considering Allen is 35 years old.

Garnett needs to take a mental health break before he is thrown out of the league,the man is close to doing something real stupid and tarnishing his career.

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Playing Perkins 33 minutes very dangerous?

In other words.....let's just give up on the regular season record and home court advantage by giving Perk more rest eventhough he's been through grueling workouts to strengthen his leg, rest Ray more when there's no one behind him, give Garnett some time off, and let Erden play a lot more.

That's a recipe for getting the 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

KG just gets fired up - except for one inadvertant elbow in the playoffs last year - he's more of a target than an instigator - they go after him because he's the spiritual leader as far as wanting to win every game goes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i am sure the celtics are monoritoring perk's minutes pretty closely and going by whether he is tired or not and how he feels during and after games quite closely since he has returned to game action.

with a full medical and training staff checking on players these days i am sure that things are not totally in perk's hands regarding how much he plays.

of course, there is no guarantee that he (or anyone else-even me) won't get hurt, but i am sure that they are watching his every move and minute played pretty i.ntently

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Playing Perkins 33 minutes very dangerous?:
    [QUOTE]KG just gets fired up - except for one inadvertant elbow in the playoffs last year - he's more of a target than an instigator - they go after him because he's the spiritual leader as far as wanting to win every game goes.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Huh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]KG just gets fired up - except for one inadvertant elbow in the playoffs last year - he's more of a target than an instigator - they go after him because he's the spiritual leader as far as wanting to win every game goes.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Sorry!! missed the KG part in run's post. KG needs to cool his jets a bit but a mental health break..probably not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think that Doc should stick to the original plan and limit Perk's minutes, gradually increasing them as the season progresses. There's not much sense in risking an injury that may cost the team's championship run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Playing Perkins 33 minutes very dangerous?:
    [QUOTE]Why is Doc playing Perkins so much ? The man just returned from a major knee operation after blowing out his ACL and MCL. JO is basically done for the year after going through another knee surgery. Shaq is so fat and old he is a non factor in games. Plus Shaq has hip-knee-back and now achilus tendon injuries. Take a look at Shaq the first week of the season and now,it looks like a promo for a weight loss program. Shaq has put on at least 20-25 pounds since training camp. If Perkins goes down you have only Erden a rookie who gets in foul trouble. I say Start Erden and play Perkins 20 minutes a game for the next 20 games and then pump up his minutes in the last month and play-offs. Doc also needs to rest Allen more ,playing their best player 40 minutes a game is a huge gamble,especially considering Allen is 35 years old. Garnett needs to take a mental health break before he is thrown out of the league,the man is close to doing something real stupid and tarnishing his career. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with Perk playing less for now. I'm pretty sure Doc was maxing out to get the win..too bad it didn't work out! Injuries occur from over-use and Perk should be gradually increasing his playing time from 20minutes to around 32 come April. We have all seen the result of overplaying our bigs!  However I'm not a coach so what do I know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]KG just gets fired up - except for one inadvertent elbow in the play-offs last year - he's more of a target than an instigator - they go after him because he's the spiritual leader as far as wanting to win every game goes.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Garnett gets more then fired up,the man looks like a cokehead without any coke.

Why does KG flail his elbow and arm after a play when the other guy just walks close to KG. KG even did this last night to the REf,which will cost him at least 1 game maybe 5 games. Hitting a ref is as bad as it gets in the NBA,I don't see any other players hitting refs.

KG also has to goaltend every shot after a whistle why?The man has some obsessive compulsive disorders.

He needs some meds and some rest.

Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

there's something to be said for seeing how far we can push perk. we don't want to wait til the playoffs and ask him to guard dwight howard for 30min only to find he can't do it.

personally I thought he looked great out there. 13/12 at 6/7 shooting. we won't play him this long every night: even when healthy he only ever averaged 28 minutes.

Sections
Shortcuts