Playing Rondo with this young bunch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Playing Rondo with this young bunch

Could expose Rondo and actually reduce his value.  His highest value could be right now.  We most likely could get a couple of young players with some upside for him.  With our young bunch, which could be interesting to watch, Rondo just does not fit.  Rondos' value could drop and if he did have a great year and lead us to the playoffs, it would hurt our chances to land a good player or two in the draft.  It looks like we need to go into tank mode and let him play for a good team somewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Playing Rondo with this young bunch

Thats why I want Marshall as a backup to Smart

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

kendall marshall?  i saw him in summer league still with the lakers, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Here on the West Coast, I worry about an earthquake damaging the Oracle Arena forcing the Warriors home games to be played else where and thus, reducing the value of my season tickets.  I don't worry about Rondo exposing himself in public though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kendall Marshall was released by the lakers, and will be claimed off waivers by the Bucks.

I hope Rondo is 100% healthy and has the best start of his career.  That would do two things - shut people on here up, and raise his trade value..........for later.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Marshall just got cut

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kendall Marshall was released by the lakers, and will be claimed off waivers by the Bucks.

I hope Rondo is 100% healthy and has the best start of his career.  That would do two things - shut people on here up, and raise his trade value..........for later.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

Is this your prediction?

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this your prediction?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I know an even semi-positive opinion of Rondo riles your loins to no end, but methinks Reading Comprehension 101 may be in order here.  HOPE is not a prediction, nor will I predict anything about Rondo.  If we keep him, trade him, or let him walk, as long as he's here, he's ours, and I will root for him to do well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this your prediction?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I know an even semi-positive opinion of Rondo riles your loins to no end, but methinks Reading Comprehension 101 may be in order here.  HOPE is not a prediction, nor will I predict anything about Rondo.  If we keep him, trade him, or let him walk, as long as he's here, he's ours, and I will root for him to do well.

[/QUOTE]

Your hope is also my hope too.... but that is not what I am predicting.

Apparently you aren't either.

That's why I thought to ask.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would do a third thing, lower our chance for a good player in the draft a lot.  IF Rondo is great like you think then we will lose him to free agency and get poor draft choice, think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'd love to see Rondo with all the young bucks Ainge has assembled.....isn't this what Rondo wanted ? To be surrounded by young , athletic players who can run with him ?.....I'd love to see Rondo with this roster but a trade for Bledsoe, Monroe or both would be the only way I'd give up on Rondo , he needs to agree to a reasonable extension, 2 yrs/$30M for starters.....otherwise, I can't blame Ainge for shopping one of the all time great Celtics

Hate to see Rondo go.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could expose Rondo and actually reduce his value.  His highest value could be right now.  We most likely could get a couple of young players with some upside for him.  With our young bunch, which could be interesting to watch, Rondo just does not fit.  Rondos' value could drop and if he did have a great year and lead us to the playoffs, it would hurt our chances to land a good player or two in the draft.  It looks like we need to go into tank mode and let him play for a good team somewhere.

[/QUOTE]

you are overthinking it.  just let em play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is not even close to what ails the Celtics.  He is the best player they have by far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

After all this time I suppose there are still those that refuse to take note:  Rondo is not what you thought he was!

Where are the blockbuster offers to take him?

Where are the NBA superstar rumors of coming to Boston so they can play with Rondo?

Where are the next level down stars scratching & clawing their way to Boston to play with the legendary Rondo?

Nobody wants to be around this dude. Forget the fact he's damaged goods, the same scenario presented itself before his injury... Remember, Brandon Knight was the biggest name offered for Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo is not even close to what ails the Celtics.  He is the best player they have by far.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! He won't lose value, he'll likely gain value by the deadline.  He's one of the best pure PG's in the league. You know a PG - someone who brings the ball up, sets the offense AND dishes it off. Those skills don't diminish even if those around him can't complete the job.

James would love him. Houston and Sac covet him. Love was very willing to play next to him. Even Has-been Bryant would love him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo's trade value has never been lower.  There are only a few teams left that Rondo would be a PG upgrade and only 2 or 3 where he could fit the current system.

Rondo's value to the Celtics has never been lower.  He is an assist oriented penetrator.  Without any stellar outside shooters, his style is counter-productive to an offense that needs to run and improvise, not pound the ball and look for an assist.  

Maybe we'll get lucky with Houston or Detroit or the Lakers in a three way to move him.  

DANNY WAITED TOO LONG and WANTED TOO MUCH FOR RONDO.  Just recouping his CAP space is a failure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Good then they should just keep him.  Obviously he won't make peanuts in the open market.  So when they do trade, sign or draft those outside shooters who can hit.  He'll be a bargain, doing what point guards are supposed to do. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good then they should just keep him.  Obviously he won't make peanuts in the open market.  So when they do trade, sign or draft those outside shooters who can hit.  He'll be a bargain, doing what point guards are supposed to do. 

[/QUOTE]

Rondo should not be playing with these young kids ..period ! He would be better off playing with himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I want to see Rondo traded at this point, and I've always been a fan of his.

A backcourt of Smart and Bradley could be pretty good and here's why... Smart is a true point guard albeit a big one, big enough to guard shooting guards.  Bradley is a great on the ball defender.  Offensively Smart can play point guard and Bradley shooting guard, defensively Bradley can guard the point and Smart the shooting guard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A backcourt of Smart and Bradley could be pretty good and here's why... Smart is a true point guard albeit a big one, big enough to guard shooting guards.  Bradley is a great on the ball defender.  Offensively Smart can play point guard and Bradley shooting guard, defensively Bradley can guard the point and Smart the shooting guard.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  Not wishing anyone to get hurt, but someone always does.   A playoff team with an injured PG would love to have Rondo.  I love Rondo, but this is no longer the place for him.  But Danny is being very smart and showing patience.  A deal will come along, and he will pounce.  In the meantime, we need to enjoy Rondo for as long as he's here.  Unique player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  Not wishing anyone to get hurt, but someone always does.   A playoff team with an injured PG would love to have Rondo.  I love Rondo, but this is no longer the place for him.  But Danny is being very smart and showing patience.  A deal will come along, and he will pounce.  In the meantime, we need to enjoy Rondo for as long as he's here.  Unique player.

[/QUOTE]

Great points, Wozzy as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

"I love Rondo, but this is no longer the place for him."

As things stand now, I completely agree.

"In the meantime, we need to enjoy Rondo for as long as he's here"

I will.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Nobody thinks he will be good enough to knock us our of a great draft this next year?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This post doesn't even make sense lol. Rondo will get exposed by playing with young horses who like to do exactly what his skillset is, run in the open court? Lol.