Playoff Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Playoff Predictions

In response to breaktime's comment:

Here are the results from 1st round playoff predictions.  Scoring is 1pt for correct winner and  1 pt for guessing correct number of games it took team to win. (OneOnOne, you didn't upadate your thread, so I took the liberty of doing it).

Knicks in 6, Bulls in 7, Heat in 4, Pacers in 6,

Spurs in 4, Thunder in 6, Warriors in 6, Grizz in 6

SkinsandHeart 10

Susan250 10

Jump-ball-overtime 9

Breaktime 8

OneOnONe 6

Hedleylamar 6

Congrats to Susan250 & SkinsandHeart who both led the way with 10 pts.

2nd round is Heat vs Bulls, Knicks vs Pacers, Spurs vs Warriors, Thunder vs Grizzlies

Get your new predictions in.

Thanks Breaktime.

For the record I would have bet on the Knicks if there was money involved,  but I would never pick against my team if it doesn't cost.  Normally a sedond seed will beat a 7th seed nearly every time.

OK here goes:

OKC over Grizz 

Spurs over the Warriors

Heat over the Bulls in

NY over the Pacers 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Heat vs Bulls  Heat in 5

Pacers vs Knicks Pacers in  6

Spurs vs Warriors Warriors in 7

Thunder vs Grizz  Thunder in 6

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Some didn't believe me when I said Celts will not advance if it's the Knicks or the Heat in the 1st round.

So you figured that a first or second seed would beat a 7th seed in the playoffs?    Wow that is impressive.

Really?

And you predicted the 7th seed will beat the 2nd seed in 7 games, right?

Is it really that hard to figure out that the 7th seed usually has no chance against a 2nd seed?

Its called being a fan. I also said I would pick the Celtics eveytime no matter who they played.  Sure I could say a number 1 and 2 see will beat a 7th and 8th seed every year and then pat myself on the back and say "look at me,  I was right" about 99% of the time.

I also said a team could average less than 40 rebounds a game and still win.  More than likely I will be proven correct.  If you are sure that won't happen feel free to go bet a bundle on it.    As much as I like the Spurs and OKC  I don't see either winning it all.  You I believe said that the Spurs would win it all.Feel free to go bet on this one also.  Maybe you will get lucky.  I hope you do.  We will see who is right on these predictions and I am just being a "realistic fan" with no homerism for my favorite team involved in my prediction. 

For the record-  If I were betting on the Knick Celtics series my money would have been on the Knicks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

One on One   

Thanks Breaktime.

For the record I would have bet on the Knicks if there was money involved,  but I would never pick against my team if it doesn't cost.  Normally a sedond seed will beat a 7th seed nearly every time.

OK here goes:

OKC over Grizz 

Spurs over the Warriors

Heat over the Bulls in

NY over the Pacers 

Money??    Never bet against my team??

Just be a man and admit you were wrong about the Celts Knicks series

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

One on One   

Thanks Breaktime.

OK here goes:

OKC over Grizz 

Spurs over the Warriors

Heat over the Bulls in

NY over the Pacers 

Money??    Never bet against my team??

Just be a man and admit you were wrong about the Celts Knicks series

I was wrong on my prediction. No doubt.  Only a fool would bet money on a 7th seed vs a 2nd seed.    I will always predict the C's to win, no matter what,  but that doesn't mean you don't know who the favorite is.  Take it however you want it.  I sure as heck didn't predict the Bucks, Lakers, or Rockets to win.  I did however think the Lakers would play better but when you lose about 4 starters in a series you can expect the outcome

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I can really see the Giz in the Finals now!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I can really see the Giz in the Finals now!!!

The only "sure" thing I see in this round if probably the Heat.

The Warriors have either played better than expected or the Spurs continue to have their playoff blues.  The have been bad the last few years.  Breeze thru the reg season then flop when th money is on the line.

I could see the Pacers or the Grizz winning their series.  The Grizz have a PG that controls the game without controlling the ball.  He can shoot free throws, hit the 3 pter, play defense.  Add some players like TA, Gasol, Zebo, and they are very good.  (What if Paul Pierce went there to play?)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Heat over Bulls in 5

Grizz over OKC in 7

SAS over GSW in 7

Pacers over Knicks in I don't care how many.....lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

if you weren't so caught up in all things laker, hedley, maybe you'd have a better idea who's actually playing who out west.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

My predictions for the current series were mostly wrong.  I thought that NY and OKC would win.   I was wrong on both of these series. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Time to flood the threads again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this under would we have beaten the Pacers and copy & paste it here:

I am assuming Indiana beats the Knicks as I hope because they have a better chance of beating Miami. I am a little disheartened watching it as we really could have beaten NY...they are not hitting their 3s. But what is the main reason the Pacers are winning and I feel would have beaten us too, rebs last night were 54-36, I mean +18 second chances.

NY is mostly a one man offensive show with some assistance from Smith & Felton. Same reason I feel OKC will lose to the Grizzlies... Durant and a little help from Ibaka ain't enough.(And I was correct). The Spurs, although I like Curry, Thompson & Bogut and the Warriors, have a more balanced team & should win. Remember when LeBron was a one man show at Cleveland---we won 4-1 in a playoff. Then I think we beat Miami 4-0 or 4-1, I don't remember, because they only had Wade as the offensive threat.  Same with Orlando many years with DH as the only threat offensively. Miami, however, in addition to LeBron now is dominant because of a very good supporting cast, Wade, Bosh, Allen, Battier, Birdman etc.

I really think that even with ageing KG & PP, that if Rondo had been healthy & we had Barbosa and also Sully to help us not be last or next to last in rebs, we might have been contenders. OH WELL...ON TO THE DRAFT !!!

It was nice to see our alumnus, Tony Allen, be the instrumental factor in the last minute or so that helped Memphis win after OKC came within 2 points from 14 down.

There is talk of trying to pick up Perkins in a firesale. He is not the guy he was in 2008-2010. He was never a high scoring center or rebounder & I think his defense has suffered too as Randolph & Gasol had no trouble with him.  You old timers will remember Jim Loscotoff who was mainly muscle in the paint & that's what Perkins could do to Bynum, Gasol, Howard etc. but I'd rather draft a young guy who can score & make foul shots too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

if you weren't so caught up in all things laker, hedley, maybe you'd have a better idea who's actually playing who out west.

No idea what you're talking about......on either front, but thanks for your omniscient monitoring of all things Hedley!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I think of the teams remaining, all but the Knicks have a great chance of beating the Heat. The Bulls, in my opinion, proved the Heat are not as great as everyone makes them out to be. They can be had and I think they will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

I think of the teams remaining, all but the Knicks have a great chance of beating the Heat. The Bulls, in my opinion, proved the Heat are not as great as everyone makes them out to be. They can be had and I think they will.

I hope that you are right.  I don't think the Knicks can win their series so Miami should be playing Indiana in the next round.   I won't watch the NBA finals if Miami is playing since I haven't watched any of Miami games in the playoffs this year.   I just dislike them that much.  I would be very happy to see another team other than Miami win the championship this year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I posted this under would we have beaten the Pacers and copy & paste it here:

I am assuming Indiana beats the Knicks as I hope because they have a better chance of beating Miami. I am a little disheartened watching it as we really could have beaten NY...they are not hitting their 3s. But what is the main reason the Pacers are winning and I feel would have beaten us too, rebs last night were 54-36, I mean +18 second chances.

NY is mostly a one man offensive show with some assistance from Smith & Felton. Same reason I feel OKC will lose to the Grizzlies... Durant and a little help from Ibaka ain't enough.(And I was correct). The Spurs, although I like Curry, Thompson & Bogut and the Warriors, have a more balanced team & should win. Remember when LeBron was a one man show at Cleveland---we won 4-1 in a playoff. Then I think we beat Miami 4-0 or 4-1, I don't remember, because they only had Wade as the offensive threat.  Same with Orlando many years with DH as the only threat offensively. Miami, however, in addition to LeBron now is dominant because of a very good supporting cast, Wade, Bosh, Allen, Battier, Birdman etc.

I really think that even with ageing KG & PP, that if Rondo had been healthy & we had Barbosa and also Sully to help us not be last or next to last in rebs, we might have been contenders. OH WELL...ON TO THE DRAFT !!!

It was nice to see our alumnus, Tony Allen, be the instrumental factor in the last minute or so that helped Memphis win after OKC came within 2 points from 14 down.

There is talk of trying to pick up Perkins in a firesale. He is not the guy he was in 2008-2010. He was never a high scoring center or rebounder & I think his defense has suffered too as Randolph & Gasol had no trouble with him.  You old timers will remember Jim Loscotoff who was mainly muscle in the paint & that's what Perkins could do to Bynum, Gasol, Howard etc. but I'd rather draft a young guy who can score & make foul shots too.

I hope there is not a Perkins in our future.  I liked him when he was here, but those days are gone.  He doesn't rebound, which is our biggest need,  he doesn't score, can't shoot, gets a lot of fouls called,  and thinks he is all pro.  We can do better.  I would take him for the minimum amount though.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In keeping with the topic of this thread & assuming the Knicks are toast, time for conference finals predictions.  Hope other posters shift back to topic. 

Griz over Spurs in 6

Pacers over Heat in 7

Let's go underdogs!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Griz over Spurs in 7

Heat over Pacers in 5....assuming the Knicks are toast, which is a big assumption

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Griz over Spurs in 7

Heat over Pacers in 5....assuming the Knicks are toast, which is a big assumption

Point noted

Sections
Shortcuts