Playoff question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Playoff question

If Boston is the 4th seed and Atlanta is the 5th seed, why does Atlanta have home court advantage? What am I missing here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Playoff question

Boston only got the 4th seed because they won the division. Atlanta had the better record.  I guess the nba uses conference to determine seeding, but not home court.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff question:
    Boston only got the 4th seed because they won the conference. Atlanta had the better record.  I guess the nba uses conference to determine seeding, but not home court.
    Posted by cole-ely

Boston won their division, not the conference.
    The 3 division winners are guaranteed at least a top 4 seed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Good news would be IF ( and it's a big IF) PHI knocks off CHI we get HC in the next round!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is right. Here is how the system work.  Three division titles team get to have the top four seeding spots.  After that, it goes by head to head record between 1/4, 2/7, 3/6 and 3/4, and whoever have the best record between these two teams get to have the homecourt advantage.  Normally the #1 division title team get to have the home court advantage thru out the conference playoff until the NBA final. #2 division title team also do have the first two round home advantage too except the conference final if they face the #1 seeding team.  I know these people would say, why can they put teams in order as a best record to the worst record, but the NBA do not want the division title #1 to face the division title #3 in the first round (#1 vs #8).  So that is why they rather to see division title teams to avoid playing against each other in the first round.  But one of the division title team will may have to play on the road if they have worser record than the non-playoff team.  

That is why I think that NFL should have that same format.  Such as a wild card team that have better record should host the first round against 8-8 or 7-9 or 9-7 division title team like Baltimore last year who have 12-4 should host the first round game against 8-8 west division title team, Denver.   That should be the proper way of how to host playoff game due this team work so hard for the season by winnng so many games while other team just focus on just winning the division title.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Its stupid

you should seed the 1-8 in the order of records regardless of conferences

individual confrences should be used to geographically build rivalries and play those teams more on the schedule since the flights there are the shortest

The playoffs should be re-seeded in rd 2 as well (like NFL/MLB) to give the higher seeds the lowest seed possible to play.

For instance is it fair to the Heat if the Sixers beat the Bulls that the Celtics will play the Sixers and the Heat likely the Pacers? A 2-3 in one bracket and a 4-8 in the other?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff question : Ok, now you've gone too far ... LOL!!!
    Posted by Mployee8

I dont' agree with this at all.  I suppose you also think the ncaa bracket should be re-seeded every round?  Part of your reward for beating a high seed is you get their seeding.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

actually the current system works pretty well to:

1 make sure that the division championship means something (guarenteed top 4 seed)

2 make sure that every game counts - that overall won lost recod means something (determines home court advantage in each series)  ie there is cost to taking games "off" at the end of the season when the division championships are already decided. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

sorry, quoted the wrong post

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Can someone answer this for me:

How is drafted order determined for playoff teams? Is it regular season record or how far you advance in the playoffs?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

Can someone answer this for me: How is drafted order determined for playoff teams? Is it regular season record or how far you advance in the playoffs?
    Posted by KillaCam2010

Draft order is determined according to regular season records. Playoffs got nothing to do with draft order. The 2012 draft order has already been determined

Sections
Shortcuts