Playoff Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Playoff Thoughts

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-nba-playoff-thoughts.html" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-nba-playoff-thoughts.html

I hate Miami.

Hoping LAC or SA wins it all

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Playoff Thoughts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I hate the Heat now as I have always hated the Lakers who are as pathetic as we are but our future is brighter and we will get # 18 before they tie us getting # 18 with all our draft picks. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody  will beat the Heat this year.   Indiana is so mediocre and has height advantages. Durant & Westbrook not enough and don't know if Clippers will recover from devastating loss last night---I bet this hurt Doc more than the 2010 loss in 7th game to Lakers and Spurs still good, with Duncan(had we got him in lottery years ago we'd won #s 18 & 19 already), Parker & Ginobli but like we were with KG, PP & Ray Allen will be too old to compete in 7 with the Heat.

And that darned Ray Allen last night hit a dagger 3 with about a 1 1/2 minutes. In game 7 vs Lakers in 2010 when we needed maybe just one basket from him, he couldn't buy one but neither could PP. The Heat have more weapons than anyone and LeBron on any drive to the basket, if a defender breathes on him, he gets called for a foul. Yet, I don't believe LeBron has fouled out this year...incredible favoritism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Everyone hates the Heat but one has to admit James is by far the best player in the NBA.

I think SA or OKC has a shot. I know the Pacers don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone hates the Heat but one has to admit James is by far the best player in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, hate LeBron, but nobody can deny it.. he's the best. that's why I hate em! and Ray too.

As long as Russell is PG over in OKC they wont win anything. His shot selection in crunch time can be as detrimental as Rondo's shooting ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep, hate LeBron, but nobody can deny it.. he's the best. that's why I hate em! and Ray too.

As long as Russell is PG over in OKC they wont win anything. His shot selection in crunch time can be as detrimental as Rondo's shooting ability.

[/QUOTE]

James is arguably the best player but hes not the most valuable, in case you missed the awards ceremony

Also, it would be much easier to include Lebron in the head&shoulders above the rest category if he wasnt allowed to figuratively get away with murder on the court. Sure, most superstar/marketing darlings in the NBA have been treated favorably to varying degrees by NBA refs over the years... but nothing even close to the delicate, tender manner Lebron is accustomed to

Makes one wonder what his stat line would reflect if his treatment was lowered to even a MJish level of leniency by the refs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without the refs I'm not sure how good Lebron is.

He walks every time he makes a move. He commits fouls he doesn't get called for, and he is a dirty player.

If the game were officiated fairly, things would be quite different.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He walks every time he makes a move. He commits fouls he doesn't get called for, and he is a dirty player.

[/QUOTE]

So you think Pressey is a good player in the NBA and you aren't sure if Lebron would be a good player if it weren't for the refs.

All right then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

This shows an amazing lack of basketball knowledge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

This shows an amazing lack of basketball knowledge.

[/QUOTE]

The NBA has become the WWF.

And it has been for years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I think that either SA or OKC could be competitive against Miami but I believe that San Antonio has the best chance of beating Miami.  Although Kevin Durant is my favorite NBA player so I would like to see them finally win the championship.   OKC's management hasn't always done the best job of building a competitive roster.  They lack the depth that some other teams have.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Good win by the Pacers today.  It would be nice to see them play like they did today for the rest of the series against Miami.  They have been so inconsistent so I am not sure we will see the same Pacers team but if they can play like they did today I would give them a chance of defeating Miami. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good win by the Pacers today.  It would be nice to see them play like they did today for the rest of the series against Miami.  They have been so inconsistent so I am not sure we will see the same Pacers team but if they can play like they did today I would give them a chance of defeating Miami. 

[/QUOTE]

They should be able to beat the Heat's double team, if they continue to use the strategy they used today.

And does anyone use fakes anymore?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Disappointing loss by Indiana.  I still believe that they can win a game in Miami.  They had a chance to win last night but need to play better down the stretch.  

I don't expect OKC to win many games in this series.  They are really a very unlucky team losing Westbrook last year in the playoffs and this year Ibaka.  It reminds me of the Celtics having bad luck but the Celtics were a much older team and you can expect more injuries from older players.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

This game was like last year: P. George was shut down by Ray Allen, and James could Rest. If George wants to be a star in the league, he has to take Advantage of a 38 year old Ray otherwise Indiana will again fall to the heat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This game was like last year: P. George was shut down by Ray Allen, and James could Rest. If George wants to be a star in the league, he has to take Advantage of a 38 year old Ray otherwise Indiana will again fall to the heat.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say PG was 'shutdown' by Ray. PG just missed a lot of open looks. I feel like Ray Allen's defense had no effect on PG's play, just PG himself not hitting open looks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't say PG was 'shutdown' by Ray. PG just missed a lot of open looks. I feel like Ray Allen's defense had no effect on PG's play, just PG himself not hitting open looks.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that is too simple.

First of all: It happend before. In last years playoffs Ray defended PG over long stretches so that James could guard West. And PG couldn't benefit from that. This year they put again Ray on PG and James is guarding guys like Watson and Hill. And the excuse is PG is missing open shots? If you are a suposed to be a Superstar in the league and playing against a 38 year old who is 2-3 inches smaller than yourself, missing open looks is not enough. If the 38 year old blocks you, steals the ball from you and out hustles you, that has nothing to do with open looks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Random thoughts from this thread:

I hate the Heat, too.

LeBron is the best player in the game, and would be regardless of the refs.

The WWF has been the WWE for years!

LeBron travels..........A LOT!

Wade is a dirtier player than LeBron - and more obvious.   He's taken out Bradley, Rondo and George the last 3 years.

Reason I hate the Heat is their incessant whining.......

Hope Bosh leaves and goes to DAL....

No longer interested in Stephenson...............another knucklehead!

That is all.......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Random thoughts from this thread:

I hate the Heat, too.

LeBron is the best player in the game, and would be regardless of the refs.

The WWF has been the WWE for years!

LeBron travels..........A LOT!

Wade is a dirtier player than LeBron - and more obvious.   He's taken out Bradley, Rondo and George the last 3 years.

Reason I hate the Heat is their incessant whining.......

Hope Bosh leaves and goes to DAL....

No longer interested in Stephenson...............another knucklehead!

That is all.......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

I believe that Miami will win this series but I really hope that San Antonio can win the championship this year.  They had a good chance of winning last year and I believe they are an even better team this year.  I don't see Indiana winning this series but at least they are playing better than they did for the past two months.  They always seem to be more competitive against Miami.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I know I want SA to win...I now hate the Heat MORE than the Fakers!