Please Danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Please Danny

Please fire Doc and get a coach that is not afraid to make adjustments (during the game) and play his bench. I love Paul Pierce, but Doc wears him out. He is still a great player, but needs to play less minutes.

Please retire Garnett. We need rebounding and shot blocking like the good teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Please Danny

Retire Garnett? Uhm, we've been outscroed very badly all year whenever KG is not on the floor. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Retire Garnett? Uhm, we've been outscroed very badly all year whenever KG is not on the floor. 

I also don't think you can "retire" someone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They need to blame someone...never mind that is the ONE guy that elevated this franchise as he walker through the door...Without KG, the Celts would have been done years ago...

Its not like this wasn't expected...What happens when your players get old???

Doc is an Excellent coach that has gone through the many changes of this franchise...

WOW...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

True.  KG is still very important to this team but he can only play limited minutes.  If KG was being paid like a part-time player that he is the Celtics would have been able to sign someone else.  It didn't really benefit the Celtics by paying KG what he is being paid at his age.  How effective will he be next year playing  limited minutes and maybe even less minutes?  I posted similar thoughts on many other threads but not many have responded to my posts.   I will always be grateful to Danny for signing KG since he is the main reason that we won the championship.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

Please fire Doc and get a coach that is not afraid to make adjustments (during the game) and play his bench. I love Paul Pierce, but Doc wears him out. He is still a great player, but needs to play less minutes.

Please retire Garnett. We need rebounding and shot blocking like the good teams.

I guess you don't remember the years between 1986 and 2007. It may be fun to play general manager, but adding mediocre talent provides the same result. The rebuilding process is never fun to watch. Why pray for something worse than we have? At least these guys are still fun to watch, and it is still to early to provide a eulogy. If they lose tonight, this year is probably over, but what a fight these guys made, through all adversity. It has been heroic, and it has been worthy of Celtic lore. If they lose it is like watching Hector fight Achilles. If they win, it will be like cheering for Rocky to beat Apollo. This team is worth support, win or lose they have done more than fight the good fight, they have been heroic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think every Celtics fan remembers the pre-Garnett and Allen years.  However, you cannot beat Father Time.  KG brought so much to this franchise but with his salary, the Celtics cannot afford the contributions that come with his extremely limited minutes.  You just can't win with a 37 year old center playing on a minutes restriction who is making $11 million a year.

Regardless of KG's impact and the team's improved numbers when he's on the court, the Celtics have to find another, maybe not better way to move forward.  KG, as an individual defender, has lost some significant steps.  He can no longer rebound consistently.  As the 2nd or 3rd offensive option, he's averaging just 10 points and 10 rebounds in this playoff series.  He oftentimes goes several games without shooting a FT because he's so reluctant to go into the post.

Honestly, at this age, his intensity works against him.  He's so hyped before the game even starts that his energy is zapped by halftime.

We all acknowledge what happens when a player gets old.  We all acknowledge what KG is - old.  This is what we expected and if Doc and Danny expected it, I'd love to see how they plan to mitigate it.

KG would be a perfect fit for the Celtics if he were making $4 million, not $11 million.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

True.  KG is still very important to this team but he can only play limited minutes.  If KG was being paid like a part-time player that he is the Celtics would have been able to sign someone else.  It didn't really benefit the Celtics by paying KG what he is being paid at his age.  How effective will he be next year playing  limited minutes and maybe even less minutes?  I posted similar thoughts on many other threads but not many have responded to my posts.   I will always be grateful to Danny for signing KG since he is the main reason that we won the championship.  

30 minutes a game is a good clip you act like it is 15. And zTimmy D in San An got the same money for also playing part time. KG is and remains our most important player. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

30 minutes a game is a good clip you act like it is 15. And zTimmy D in San An got the same money for also playing part time. KG is and remains our most important player. 

Read Petey's post above.  He expressed similar thoughts to what I said.  He just writes a lot better than I do.  At the beginning of the season many thought that KG was a bargain at the salary that he is being paid.    KG doesn't/shouldn't be playing 30 minutes a game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Read Petey's post above.  He expressed similar thoughts to what I said.  He just writes a lot better than I do.  At the beginning of the season many thought that KG was a bargain at the salary that he is being paid.    KG doesn't/shouldn't be playing 30 minutes a game. 

Yeah, and you are wrong IMO. He is averaging in those 30 minutes 15 points 8 rebounds with a PER of 19.25 Compared to say Jokim Noah who has a PER of 18 or dwight Howard who has a PER of 19.48.

KG also continues to be one of the highest rated defensive players in the league. The fact of the matter is there is not a better player out there for the money we pay KG. 

And Certainly not a big man.  You are wanting to make a panic move that forgets  Rondo, Sullinger,  Barbosa, are out and a team that features many news players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Duncan is playing roughly the same amount of minutes as KG but he's averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds per game.  Duncan's minutes are out of the rotations used by Pop.  They are not because of a minutes restriction.

KG doesn't have around him what Duncan has so KG is expected to contribute more, which, for $11 million, he's not capable of doing.

KG needs to be on a team like SA, not Boston.  Of course he'd make Boston better but that isn't much.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Petey62's comment:

Duncan is playing roughly the same amount of minutes as KG but he's averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds per game.  Duncan's minutes are out of the rotations used by Pop.  They are not because of a minutes restriction.

KG doesn't have around him what Duncan has so KG is expected to contribute more, which, for $11 million, he's not capable of doing.

KG needs to be on a team like SA, not Boston.  Of course he'd make Boston better but that isn't much.

Doc would never play a player like Matt Bonner.

He would rot on Doc's bench.

Pop wouldn't play Bonner either if he picked him up in March. He'd wait until the following year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Stats stats stats. KG has almost always been a pass first team player, especially in the regular season, even though he has gotten 20 and 10 more than any other player over his career. Normally in the playoffs KGs, minutes go up and he is close to 18 and 10. This year, he has been limited by foul trouble, (see Doc's $25,000 fine) and KG has had ankle problems. This is not about who's team he is on, it is about perception, and situation, age is still not an issue as he has shown earlier this year, and in last year's playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts