PLEASE Don't Trade Jeff Green for Omer Asik

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

PLEASE Don't Trade Jeff Green for Omer Asik

According to reports, C's fans dodged a bullet last week thanks to the Cavs.

Dear Danny- WTH?  This has gone way too far.  Stop talking to Houston!  PLEASE stop!

Leave Asik, his bum knee, his inability to hit foul shots, and his sourpuss attitude alone. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: PLEASE Don't Trade Jeff Green for Omer Asik

Mitch, I'm seeing more and more news about Asik's knees that it's causing me to question if acquiring him will be a good idea.

As for Jeff Green being included in a deal for Asik, IF Asik's knees were solid, I honestly would consider it.  IF ASIK'S KNEES WERE SOLID.

Jeff Green IS NOT what I thought he was.  Green is a 3rd option, at best.  He IS NOT a go-to guy or even a team's 2nd option and he is showing that for this team.  He lacks the motivation to go out and fully take advantage of his talents to be the best he can.

The Jeff Green we're seeing IS NOT the best that Jeff Green is or can be.  The "real" Jeff Green is somewhere between the 40+ point explosion against the Heat last year and this inconsistent, stand-in-the-corner guy we see today on alternating nights.

If Asik was healthy, I might consider adding Green in that deal.  That would really help us secure an even worse record and possible better draft pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Asik may end up in Brooklyn when they swap him for KG.

If I were Ainge I would be negotiating with the Knicks for Rondo. It's time to fleece the Knicks while they're desperate. They will do anything to keep Melo and if Melo wants Rondo, let's work a deal.

Accept Amare's contract o the condition that they throw in Hardaway and Shumpert for Rondo and Wallace. If they don't accept it, it's going to tick off Melo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Mitch, I'm seeing more and more news about Asik's knees that it's causing me to question if acquiring him will be a good idea.

As for Jeff Green being included in a deal for Asik, IF Asik's knees were solid, I honestly would consider it.  IF ASIK'S KNEES WERE SOLID.

Jeff Green IS NOT what I thought he was.  Green is a 3rd option, at best.  He IS NOT a go-to guy or even a team's 2nd option and he is showing that for this team.  He lacks the motivation to go out and fully take advantage of his talents to be the best he can.

The Jeff Green we're seeing IS NOT the best that Jeff Green is or can be.  The "real" Jeff Green is somewhere between the 40+ point explosion against the Heat last year and this inconsistent, stand-in-the-corner guy we see today on alternating nights.

If Asik was healthy, I might consider adding Green in that deal.  That would really help us secure an even worse record and possible better draft pick.

Just because he doesn't average 40 ppg doesn't mean we should trade him.  Once Rondo is back, he'll be able to get out and run more often.  I agree that he still struggles in the half-court offense.  However, I think he's an under-rated defender and will thrive once he's in a more stable system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

I think Asik may end up in Brooklyn when they swap him for KG.

If I were Ainge I would be negotiating with the Knicks for Rondo. It's time to fleece the Knicks while they're desperate. They will do anything to keep Melo and if Melo wants Rondo, let's work a deal.

Accept Amare's contract o the condition that they throw in Hardaway and Shumpert for Rondo and Wallace. If they don't accept it, it's going to tick off Melo

It would be an interesting tactic to trade Rondo to a division rival to make the Knicks theoreticallly better and push us further down in the standings and get a better lotto pick/less likely to make the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Dump Green when you have the right offer...don't be surprised to see him go..as far as Asik is concerned, if his knees are good, do the deal..if not, no way...wait and see what else develops...DA has the advantage of knowing people will give him time to develop a talented team that will b e a legit title contender for years...do it right DA...use whatever assets you have to get it done...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Do it yesterday.....Green is a nice piece to a championship caliber team. NOT this team...he's a 7th, mybe 8th man on a good team. Get more chips for him, Bass, humphries, Crawford, Lee etc...keepers for the future are Rondo, Sully, Bradley, Fav ( as a back up big ) Olney ( rotational pf/c who can maybe stretch the floor ) n that's it....need to acquire more chips and a big ( Asik ? ) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Do it yesterday.....Green is a nice piece to a championship caliber team. NOT this team...he's a 7th, mybe 8th man on a good team. Get more chips for him, Bass, humphries, Crawford, Lee etc...keepers for the future are Rondo, Sully, Bradley, Fav ( as a back up big ) Olney ( rotational pf/c who can maybe stretch the floor ) n that's it....need to acquire more chips and a big ( Asik ? ) 

JEFF GREEN IS WAY BETTER THAN THE 7th & 8th man on a good team !

SNAP OUT OF IT......

I HOPE THEY KEEP GREEN, NO - HE IS NOT A #1 GUY, HE IS A SOLID #3 and a SOLID #2 BEST DEFENDER, HE COVERS THE OTHER TEAMS BEST PLAYER ALMOST EVERY NIGHT !

WHAT"S THE DEAL BASHING GREEN ? 

I THINK HE HAS MET ALL EXPECTATIONS SINCE HIS RETURN FROM HEART SURGERY

VERDICT: AINGE STOLE JEFF GREEN FROM OKC FOR PERK AND HIS ALBATROS CONTRACT

IF THIS IS AS GOOD AS JEFF GREEN IS, THEN I'M OK WITH IT , HE'S A WINNER AND A HIGHLY SKILLED PLAYER, HIS CONTRACT I ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE , FOOLS LIKE JOSH SMITH GET $15M TO DO WHAT JEFF GREEN DOES

GREEN STAYS !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The Jeff Green we're seeing IS NOT the best that Jeff Green is or can be.  "

I disagree with you there. This IS Jeff Green, flashes of talent and maddeningly inconsistent. 

As for the OP:L The idea that we are in some huge trouble if we trade Jeff Green is ridiculous. We should get something good back for him, however. 

Petey I think you may be right on Asik's knees. Also, we need Green to play Lebron in the east, as inconsistent as Green is, you don't trade an athletic guy who can play Lebron for a slow footed center in the eastern conference. 

I think that's why Green was not in the original trades for Asik, Ainge clearly didn't want to give Green up at first, but the reports that he DID offer Green for Asik via Cleveland are pretty credible. I'm not sure I agree with that, but trading Jeff Green is not a bad idea, his stock is about as high as it's going to get I'm afraid. 

Celts fans should not be panicking about losing Jeff Green, he is NOT ALL THAT and his contract is not that cheap. 

But: Petey rightly points out Jeff could be a third, I'd say fifth best player on a championship caliber team. So we can win with Green also - as long as we have the cap room to add better and more consistent players around him.

Sections
Shortcuts