Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1954ricky. Show 1954ricky's posts

Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?

This core group’s window was open these past few years and Danny destroyed the chemistry of that opportunity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?

Danny can't control guys getting old or guys not wanting to play in Boston.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?

In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?:
    Danny can't control guys getting old or guys not wanting to play in Boston.
    Posted by notrade

Your right, but he can control drafting well and setting up key players to help the core guys and make a good future. Totally missing out on DeAndre Jordan, Marshon Brooks are prime examples.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry guys but you're making too many excuses for Danny. I'm with Ricky. Danny tinkered and traded and brought in worse players every year. Then, he took major risks with draft choices (wouldn't Brooks really be helping tonight?). We have nothing to show for our draft choices. Doc is dealing with a different set of players every year! He tore this team apart ( and had some bad luck with Green's condition). Rebounding is critical and he traded our size in Perk, didn't keep Delonte, drafted horribly, took in some real bums with Arroyo, Sasha, Murphy. Players don't want to come to Boston? Danny and his stupid moves show players that there's no love in Beantown.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?":
    In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable? : Come on, hindsight is always 20-20. Posted by Fiercest34
    Yes, it is. But, if we can criticize the players and Doc and second guess them, we can second guess the boss who made all the big decisions. You don't go to the 7th game of the NBA finals and lose because your rebounder was out and then trade away your size without giving that same team a chance. You don't take the team with the best or second best record in the league and blow up the starting center and the bench so that all chemistry and all defensive continuity As fans, we can definitely evaluate Danny's performance.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1954ricky. Show 1954ricky's posts

Thank you all for your posts!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?":
    In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable? : Part of it is Ainge's fault. But come on, KG never attempted a single FT in the first 2 games of the Heat-Celts series last May. Our team just got old. Posted by Fiercest34
    If you are the GM, you don't count on an older thin power forward with a reconstructed knee to carry you underneath the basket. Size matters, my friend, and Danny castrated his team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Miami KILLED us on the boards so what mistake do you think Danny has made? If your team is small, you don't keep drafting in between guards and try to make them learn to be point guards! The players and Doc deserve the criticism but so does Danny!,

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ok. I hope it works out for us. Maybe Danny will be vindicated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Most threads don't hold Danny Ainge accountable for the simple reason that he brought a championship to Boston after more than 20 years.
    Having said that, the Perk trade and his choices with the meager draft picks we have had lately have not been good for the team.
    I expect major changes to this team to take place probably sooner than later.
    I think Ainge will wait for Rondo to return and then watch the team for 7-10 days before finalizing his thinking regarding this year's playoff chances vs next year's team.
    Frankly, it's more the age of the big 3 than anything else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

breaktime nailed it. Ainge brought us a ring, buys him some leeway. The Perk trade was horrible though as much as i grill him for it in my heart of hearts I don't think it cost us a ring. It cost us some dignity and some postseason advancement though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable?:
    In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable? : Your right, but he can control drafting well and setting up key players to help the core guys and make a good future. Totally missing out on DeAndre Jordan, Marshon Brooks are prime examples.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

If DeAndre and Brooks had been drafted by the celtics,Doc. would have them seating at the end of the bench

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable? : If DeAndre and Brooks had been drafted by the celtics,Doc. would have them seating at the end of the bench
    Posted by debrit

You might be very well right, but when they finally played, it would have been worth the wait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Well said, breaktime and BTS. Danny gets credit for a bold plan that brought us a Championship (never take this for granted) but his decisions on the inevitable transition have patchy at best. Sink or swim, the ball's with him now because this group is finished.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

breaktime nailed it. Ainge brought us a ring, buys him some leeway. The Perk trade was horrible though as much as i grill him for it in my heart of hearts I don't think it cost us a ring. It cost us some dignity and some postseason advancement though.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

it..."COST"...the c's TRUST in danny ..THE TRAITOR

danny ...BETRAYED UBUNTU ...plain and simple...

danny forever LOST THE RESPECT of the team...

danny should...take his talents to the BERMUDA TRIANGLE...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Please help me understand why most discussions don't hold Danny Ainge accountable? : If DeAndre and Brooks had been drafted by the celtics,Doc. would have them seating at the end of the bench Posted by debrit
    Maybe or maybe not. Given his history with Rondo, Baby, and Powe - I'd guess they'd be playing. But, whenever Danny traded the big 3, we would at least have something to fall back on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

DA, just like any other GM, should be held accountable for the performance of his team. Yes, he brought KG and RA to Boston and a 17th championshiop as well. But that's all in the past now. He has earned and received all the praises and accolades for those accomplishments. DA hasn't done much since then to earn the approval of the crltics and fans. He has drafted poorly and made questionable trades that have raised eyebrows among the Celtics faithful. DA should not be treated as a sacred cow. Theo Epstein brought two championships to the Red Sox after an even much longer drought. After realizing at the end of last season that his tenure in Boston had run its course, he resigned his GM position. Perhaps, DA's time has come as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Fiercest34 you're only one living in hindsight.   DA's poor moves are what I've been saying @ every draft (and many other forum contributors) or free agent pick ups.  No drafts stuck for 5yrs.  JON, old Gary Payton, Scal for 5yrs.   Giddens!!   I still don't know what MDaniels does.   Listen to me now: JGreen is a bust!   He'll never come close to PP or a Reggie Lewis (nor a James Harden).   And, one of the worse of any GM of all time: Vin Baker (who was a scrub even before his alcohol problem came to light).  When you fail once in a while...expected.   When it's everytime...incompetence!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Fiercest34 you're only one living in hindsight.   DA's poor moves are what I've been saying @ every draft (and many other forum contributors) or free agent pick ups.  No drafts stuck for 5yrs.  JON, old Gary Payton, Scal for 5yrs.   Giddens!!   I still don't know what MDaniels does.   Listen to me now: JGreen is a bust!   He'll never come close to PP or a Reggie Lewis (nor a James Harden).   And, one of the worse of any GM of all time: Vin Baker (who was a scrub even before his alcohol problem came to light).  When you fail once in a while...expected.   When it's everytime...incompetence!
    Posted by docc

Danny Ainge was not the one who traded for Vin Baker. Ainge was still a commentator for TNT when Baker became a Celtic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Kevin McHale should get more credit for #17 then Danny. We need someone who knows talent, and someone the players like and respect, because i don't think they like or respect Danny!!  Wonder if Jerry West could be talked out of retirement!!

Sections
Shortcuts