Please help w/ questions on salary extensions, Perk/Baby

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Please help w/ questions on salary extensions, Perk/Baby

In Response to Re: Please help w/ questions on salary extensions, Perk/Baby:
    In Response to Please help w/ questions on salary extensions, Perk/Baby : I believe your thought process and calculations are correct. However, I don't think that Danny offered him the "max he could be paid". I think Danny offered him the "max he thought Perk was worth", and Perk turned it down thinking he could get more(correctly) on the open market.
    Posted by rkarp

I agree. Perk would never get the deal he got from OKC if he wanted to remain a Celtic. 

Same with Glen Davis, if he asks for too much money the Celts should let him go. 

The player the Celts need to re-sign immediately after the season is Krstic. Shaq will most likely be a non-factor next season and JO will probably retire after this season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Believe it came down to Danny not thinking Perk was worth what the market would bear.  Think they could've paid him more than what they allegedly offered, but I don't think they wanted to commit. 

Seems Danny's rationale is that having Perk long term with a big contract would maybe slow down the post big 3 rebuilding process.  If they don't think he's a core guy worth re-signing at that cost, let's just hope the post big 3 Celtics include someone who can man the 5. 

Whether this trade help or hurts in the playoffs, time will tell.  I can get the argument for the future, still wondering about the present benefit.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q47

Hope that helps.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fryber. Show fryber's posts

I found this link which I think explains the issue better....

Sections
Shortcuts