Please, no trades.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Please, no trades.....

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Screw Cousins. He's a knucklehead.

I like our team the way it is.

Wilcox and Melo will be here before too long.

[/QUOTE]

No, we need help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Screw Cousins. He's a knucklehead.

I like our team the way it is.

Wilcox and Melo will be here before too long.

[/QUOTE]

No, we need help.

[/QUOTE]

Its pretty obvious that AB has helped reinstall our defensive attitude on the court. Its as obvious as nite and day since he came back.  Our team looks better overall.  With that being said we are only a slightly better rebounding team, (because of Sully) and so far our offense hasn't taken off. This is due to JT not fitting in yet. (notice I said yet) I don't want a major shakeup of our team. We do however need a presence underneat and it is not Collins.

The guys we can't trade:

PP, KG, RR, Sully, AB, 

Possible:  Green, Lee, JT, Barbosa (would make no sense to trade), Bass

If we can get someone with the guys mentioned I am all for it, as long as its not all of them. Throw in a couple picks.

Someone like Dalembert could be a easy pickup. Wouldn't disrupt our chemistry because it wouldn't take a impact player to get.  Its obvious throughout the NBA world that we need another big.  To say we don't is absurd. I would love another physical tough guy.

Posters are judging what we need on 3 wins in a row. 3 wins?  You got to be kidding.  We have struggled all year,  everyone knows what our number 1 weakness is, and now we are going to ignore it because we won 3 in a row.  That is weak.

One other position DA should look at is a backup to RR.  I have no idea why we have never addressed this need.  Last nite was a perfect example.  We played well without RR but wouldn't it have nice to have a true backup PG?

BTW I love Barbosa.  Would be silly to trade considering how much he costs us. He has been a shot in the arm a bunch this year.  Instant offense, and while he may not be a great defensive player he hustles his butt off.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 more games and Bass and Green will be available.

Jeff Green really played well last night.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if the Griz want to cut salary, Jeff Green is a good alternative for Rudy Gay. Another team would have to be involved and additional players and draft picks would have to be included of course.

[/QUOTE]

I would love Rudy Gay if something could be worked out for Green.  I don't think it would happen though.  If the Grizz were not playing well there would be a better chance of it happening.  Although they played well without Gay last year so there may be a possibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We need another big.  Dalembert would be fine.

But there is no doubt that we need another big. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

As fun as all the speculation is,if we make a trade involving Bass,Green,Lee and Terry can't happen until the 15th of this month as per NBA regulations. I know its only been 3 games but if we play like this for the next week and the deadsline isn't until just before All Star break maybe we don't have to be so eager to trade. A trade like that can disrupt the teams new found chemistry. Even if we don't make a trade we still have the "buy out" options before the playoff roster deadline. If we continue this style of play we really won't need a "big" that is trade worthy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The Celtics have needed another center for the last two years.   When they got Milicic it was a decent move, but did not turn out to work out.

A better center than Darko is going to be a necessity at this time.  Getting this better center may cost Sullenger, but getting deep into the playoffs is unlikely with Wilcox as the backup center or using Collins as the starter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As fun as all the speculation is,if we make a trade involving Bass,Green,Lee and Terry can't happen until the 15th of this month as per NBA regulations. I know its only been 3 games but if we play like this for the next week and the deadsline isn't until just before All Star break maybe we don't have to be so eager to trade. A trade like that can disrupt the teams new found chemistry. Even if we don't make a trade we still have the "buy out" options before the playoff roster deadline. If we continue this style of play we really won't need a "big" that is trade worthy. 

[/QUOTE]
    We still need another big.  the team has way more good smalls than good bigs.  

I am not talking a huge deal, but there is no doubt the Celtics need more help up front.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I could do this all day, man.

Green to Utah

Millsap (expiring) and Lee to MEM

Gay to BOS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    We still need another big.  the team has way more good smalls than good bigs.  

I am not talking a huge deal, but there is no doubt the Celtics need more help up front.

[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree but I'd be very careful what we give up. This team is starting to look ferocious. 

Bass and lee may be the most tradeable, but I'd hate to lose either and I may jump off a bridge if we trade Sullinger or Bradley.  So here is to hoping some magic can be worked out. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Doesn't matter - Gay is (probably) headed to PHO!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225481/Suns_Discussing_Trade_With_Grizzlies_For_Rudy_Gay

For Dudley and a first round pick???  C'mon Danny, we can do better!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Just thinking the same thing. Please no trades.  This team is just starting to sync. Bradley adds a disruptive defense force the team lacked. The bench is loaded with high energy high impacts players. Green, Sullinger, Lee, Terry, Barbosa, Wilcox, Collins, contribute something positive when they enter the game.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to edcap99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtics need a big man to support KG in the middle. He need not be Cousins or Varejao. Even a second tier center like Robin Lopez, Marcin Gortat, Samuel Dalembert or Greg Monroe will do. KG cannot continue to play 38 minutes as he did against the Knicks and be fresh and fit for the playoffs. We can't win #18 unless this need is addressed. Trades are inevitable.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

I agree we need support for KG. Collins is worthless and Sully & Wilcox are still a bit too small. Melo may be the answer but the rookie needs exposure to develop.

Re: the last 3 games & small ball, I do not want to be blinded by our 3 game win streak and would still like a Big Man, Cousins, Varejao, Gortat etc. & give them the pick of 2 of the 5, Bass, Lee, Green,Terry & Wilcox & toss in a draft pick too if anyone bites. I think Gasol is out now as a target both with his concussion and he'll be needed to return to play where he plays best, in the post, if DH's absence is lenghtly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I remember another problem child we got in a trade. Wasn't Robert Parish a knucklehead before he came to play for us? That's why he was available at the time. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to NoahJustin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember another problem child we got in a trade. Wasn't Robert Parish a knucklehead before he came to play for us? That's why he was available at the time. 

[/QUOTE] Chief wasn't a knucklehead, he just liked smoking a little weed!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

terry is bound to turn himself around.  green, lee and bass, not so much.  look for a trade or trades of that magnitude, with some side chum thrown in to make us better. NOT to hamstring us with terrible contracts on overrated / underperforming other people's roster trash

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

we DID have a ham and egger back up PG in keyon drooling and the celts decided not to re-sign him at vet min.....  he wasn't great but he was better than zilch.  i guess they just figure terry will do that job.

but stats do not lie.  rondo is still playing way too many minutes.  methinks the teams gives him license to be lazy on D because he "plays so much".  horrible business practices both in playing him too much and not insisting he play good D and march our offense at a pace more conducive to team success on a nightly basis

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts