Please, no trades.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Re: Please, no trades.....

1. celtics refusal to bring in an actual back-up pg is baffling. they need a player to conistently play there and provide back-up minutes and attempt to actually run the team. 

2. celts will not get past miami in the playoffs with roster as currently constituted, even with everyone healthy. lucky if they even get to the conference finals in a week east. 

3. the need for a big man is a screaming, absolute one. failure to bring some decent player (as in someone who can be a top 7-8 player on a contending team) will mean coneding any shot at a title run. 

4. personally do not believe giving up sullinger or AB is the way to go. particularly do not like the proposed cousins trade. I am also not a gm so do not know what can be had for some combo of bass, melo, draft pick, green, lee, terry. perhaps not much. one has to realize that teams want what we do not want to give up. you can't get something for nothing. 

5. melo will not be any help at all this season - or, at least not enough to make any real difference. it's a shame because defensively he's just what they need right now. he's just super raw and doesn't know the game well enough. his offensive skills are terrible, as in not even close to nba ready terrible. he was completely lost in the pre-season and a few months in the d-league does not an nba player make. 

6. as previously stated, parish never had issues except weed. he smoked weed throughout his career and after it. cousins is a different cat altogether. very volatile, serious attitude issues. also lacks real discipline in his game on the offesnive end. parish was VERY fundamentally sound. not the case wit this kid. he's much more skilled and atthletic than parish, but parish knew how to play. they're like polar opposities actually. 

7. if fully healthy, wilcox coming back will help but it's not enough on its own. 

8. collins is utterly useless and should be nothing but a twelth man at best. all he's good for is like  a two minute stint when you have serious foul issues with your bigs. he should be out of the nba actually. 

9. AB has shown up everyone (with the exception of garnett) on the defensive end of the court. rondo is no different. hopefully, AB's energy will continue (as it has done in the past few games) to inspire this team and force others to try to meet his effort level. Again, force rondo to play huge minutes and don't bring in a real back-up pg and you're asking for trouble, but even with that said rondo is only 14th in minutes (at 37.5) and still a young guy and should be able to play at a high level for extended minutes . if he's having stamina issues playing the same kind of minutes most players at his level are playing then he may have a conditioning issue. 

10. the celtics defensive issues this year have not been about one thing (no shot blockers; under-sized at many positions/injuries/lack of continuity with new players,), but one thing they can control is effort/hustle/aggressiveness. with a great on the ball defender on the court now they can all feed off that (it's like in football having a shutodwn corner can make all the difference). the addition of an actual shot blocking big man would also have a big effect. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Also, Avery Bradley will not solve all our problems.

The rebounding issue still has to be resolved.

No rebounds, no rings, Kirk!

The idea that after these three games that Wilcox comes back and gives Garnett all the back up he needs is unbelievably stupid.  Do people on this BB forget the previous thirty games? Wilcox was not even close to an answer.   Collins are you kidding me.  As I have said KG will not finish the season with out another big man of some impact coming to the Celtics.  This is obvious if you watch the games, Bradley effects the defense but he does not solve the problem that our principal big man is 36, is not a rebounder prinicipally and needs a lot of rest.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Also, Avery Bradley will not solve all our problems.

The rebounding issue still has to be resolved.

No rebounds, no rings, Kirk!

The idea that after these three games that Wilcox comes back and gives Garnett all the back up he needs is unbelievably stupid.  Do people on this BB forget the previous thirty games? Wilcox was not even close to an answer.   Collins are you kidding me.  As I have said KG will not finish the season with out another big man of some impact coming to the Celtics.  This is obvious if you watch the games, Bradley effects the defense but he does not solve the problem that our principal big man is 36, is not a rebounder prinicipally and needs a lot of rest.

Agree.

People seem to forget how last year played out. The shortened season actually helped Garnett and let him play all out in the playoffs.  It won't happen this year.   I can't even believe the same people keep saying we can't make a trade.  It is early January not April.  They better hope we make a move or we won't be around at the end of April.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We need a Big

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I like the idea of trading for Cousins, although, I am not sure what we would have to give up for him.  As I already posted on another thread, he probably won't be traded this season because of the sale of the team and move to Seattle.  Just repeating what I read/heard about this from some of the NBA analysts. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

After our recent streak I think the team should be left the way it is right now... UNLESS (big if) we can trade Rondo for CP3 or a couple of so so players for Gortat.

Sections
Shortcuts