Please Please Gary (and all the rest of you) Get Over Perk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Please Please Gary (and all the rest of you) Get Over Perk

I can't stand all you bleeding hearts out there who still want to date Perk....you all are like a gilted girlfriend!  Get over it!  There still is enough Ubuntu left....and everyone is replaceable....if Gary S left the Globe, there would be another Irishmen waiting to take his place and do a fine job...If I lost my job, there would be another brilliant mind to take my job....Perk was replaceable and I blame Perk for not signing...if Ubuntu was that important to him, he would have signed....screw that nonsense....
    As the NYM said a few years ago, "YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!"  and thanks to Buckner, it came true!  Ha Ha! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Please Please Gary (and all the rest of you) Get Over Perk

Amen...

That article was pathetic.

Ouch, the Celtics widdle feewins are hurt over the Perk trade.

Well, Perk isnt crying over it... he got his fat contract and was planning the move all along.. he admitted it

SO, why would any Celtic player lose any sleep over this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree, enough already. The players need to come out and say "we love Perk and we miss him but we still have a goal to attain. We'll invite Perk to the Parade."

It's time to man up and start playing ball so you don't go out like a chump. If Rondo wants to continue pouting about his girlfriend being traded, let him. He can be the next one out the door.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Ainge insulted Perk with the $22 million over 3 years-Wyc was too cheap or Danny tocome up off of any more money. I'm glad Perk got more, however our interior defense is weak now and the C's have lost their tough defensive identity. We had "Bird" rights to him and could have paid Perk more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Maybe someone would be kind enough to send Rondo a poster of Perk he can glue to his bedroom ceiling...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Yes, enough about Perk. He isn't a martyr and isn't the reason for the struggles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Say whatever you want but Ainge is more delusional than Charlie Sheen.  The Perkins trade killed any hope of one more ring for the big three.  We went from overwhelming favorites to limping into the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

JO is healthy enough....Krystic will give us minutes....Baby can fill some Center holes and let us not forget our biggest weapon out there...our hybrid KG..he can play Center as well if not better than any other center out there! 
    Doc has so much at his disposal, he has had trouble fitting the parts together to make a well oiled machine..he has been playing with the parts seeing what fits!  Wait till the playoffs and you'll see the start of the finish for 18!  Lets get our cigars out and ready to light them up!  Woo hoo!  Have confidence and watch it grow!  God...I should be in that locker room! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Please Please Gary (and all the rest of you) Get Over Perk:
    [QUOTE]Say whatever you want but Ainge is more delusional than Charlie Sheen.  The Perkins trade killed any hope of one more ring for the big three.  We went from overwhelming favorites to limping into the playoffs. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

Nonsense.. if we're limping into the playoffs this year...last year we went in on a stretcher..

We did great all season w/o Perk.. he played 12 games for us so we're not missing him at all.

Maybe some players like Rondo need to pout and act like a 3 year old, I dont know but it surely has nothhing to do with what we lost on the court.. Perk was a complete non factor as we held the second best record in the NBA and beat the krap out of all the top teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Say whatever you want but Ainge is more delusional than Charlie Sheen.  The Perkins trade killed any hope of one more ring for the big three.  We went from overwhelming favorites to limping into the playoffs. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  Even if we make it to the NBA finals, I still don't believe that trading Perk was a good idea. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Now this Perk B.S. is going to Y2K porportions. Let it F&%$ing Go!!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Good points -- Perkins was not the savior, just a sometimes serviceable defender who took as much away on the offensive end as he brought to the defensive one.  Despite what some may think, it does matter if a player can keep both teams in the game at the same time.  The loss to Washington gave us a look at JO and Jeff Green - I'll take that over that slow, no-handed, scowling, technical magnet any day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I don't understand threads like this. We all have our opinions. Perk wasn't the best player, we all can agree, but why chastise some posters who are fans of Perk. Afterall, he DID win a ring with the Celtics.

I've seen thread after thread about Tony Allen, James Posey, Rasheed Wallace, and even Antoine Walker...so why should Perk be any different??

In my opinion, I think we're not the same without Perk, but we'll see when the postseason ends if it was a bad trade or not. It's all speculation at this point. If some posters miss, and are fans of Perk so be it. No reason to make a thread trashing them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand threads like this. We all have our opinions. Perk wasn't the best player, we all can agree, but why chastise some posters who are fans of Perk. Afterall, he DID win a ring with the Celtics. I've seen thread after thread about Tony Allen, James Posey, Rasheed Wallace, and even Antoine Walker...so why should Perk be any different?? In my opinion, I think we're not the same without Perk, but we'll see when the postseason ends if it was a bad trade or not. It's all speculation at this point. If some posters miss, and are fans of Perk so be it. No reason to make a thread trashing them.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Waynestar...I did not start this banter...it was the Globe writer who has a woody for Perk....stop taking Viagara and the Celts will do it natuarally without the Viagara Perk! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge insulted Perk with the $22 million over 3 years-Wyc was too cheap or Danny tocome up off of any more money. I'm glad Perk got more, however our interior defense is weak now and the C's have lost their tough defensive identity. We had "Bird" rights to him and could have paid Perk more.
    Posted by JREwing[/QUOTE]

The 22 million was the max amount they could offer according to the CBA.

They are giving up fewer points per game since he left, conversely their offense is averaging about 8 fewer points per game.  The bad losses have nothing to do with defense - their offense is abysmal because they have a point guard with a p oo p oo in his diaper.

After this season, they could have offered Perk the world but with a new CBA coming that will likely include a hard cap why on earth would Danny tie up a no-talent center for 10 million per year.  When OKC finds that they cant sign some of their good young players because of Perk's contract, they will be kind of disappointed as well.

The Cs are not cheap, they were bound by the CBA to only offer Perk 22 million but why let facts get in the way of a good argument.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

Prior to Perk's return they had a 77% winning percentage, in the 12 games he played they only won 66%, then he was hurt again.

They were overwhelming favorites and it had absolutely nothing to do with Perk.  Had Shaq not gotten hurt, Perk would likely not even have started let alone being a key piece.

All hard feelings will subside when they retire his number.... lmao... sometimes I even make myself laugh...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

This is my big fear.  The Celtics continue to play as they have since the Perk trade:  then we won't go far in the playoffs.

And my big question is:  is that team (the one since the trade) that played so poorly since the trade the one we get for the playoffs?

Or will that group decide to refocus, put the trade and the regular season behind them, and begin to play at the high level of professionalism that they are capable of.'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Should have traded Rondo and Perk to Utah for Williams, because Rajon is the biggest problem with this team right now.  He is more often a liability than an asset.

Trading Perk was stupid, mostly because it banked on the health of Shaq.  The whole contract thing should be a non issue because in reality this is the last chance the Celtics have to win it all for a long time with the younger talent in MIA and CHI.  Go for broke this year and if Perk leaves for more $$$, oh well.  Yeah, Jeff Green ought to keep us competitive against Lebron/Wade and Rose for the next half decade......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

yes please!!!!!!  C's biggest problem is the way Rondo is playing, like cr@p..the problem is how Davis is playing, like cr@p..C's will be fine in the playoffs!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand threads like this. We all have our opinions. Perk wasn't the best player, we all can agree, but why chastise some posters who are fans of Perk. Afterall, he DID win a ring with the Celtics. I've seen thread after thread about Tony Allen, James Posey, Rasheed Wallace, and even Antoine Walker...so why should Perk be any different?? In my opinion, I think we're not the same without Perk, but we'll see when the postseason ends if it was a bad trade or not. It's all speculation at this point. If some posters miss, and are fans of Perk so be it. No reason to make a thread trashing them.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]
    Even if it ends without a banner 18, will that be because of Perk not being here? I doubt it.  They won earlier without him and did it after the trade.  They hit a rough stretch were the offense went non-existant, not the defense.  You can't tell me that any of those players on the team prior to the trade with all the money they are making is going to lose focus of getting banner 18???  They realized they won without Perk and lost without him prior to the trade deadline.  So why go into a slump a few games after the trade?  They didnt.  They have picked and chosen when they want to show up on both ends.  Whether it's fatigue or injuries that caused the slippage or other teams figured them out, but this trade cannot be judged with or without a banner in June.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

The thing about journalists is they're always trying to generate the biggest possible story yielding the most drama possible.  I have been back and forth about the trade myself - first hating it, then appreciating the good players we got in return and the fact that Perk got the contract he wanted but we couldn't give him, now thinking in hindsight that maybe Danny shouldn't have gone for broke and just made a more conservative trade for a back-up small forward.  But the operative word here is HINDSIGHT.  He clearly thought at the time that we needed more.

And as much as I wanted the original unit to stay together all season - for chemistry reasons along with my appreciation of each player - even I knew we had to make some kind of move with all the injuries piling up.  We literally had 7 injured players at the time of the trade - and I don't mean 7 guys injured including the ones playing hurt.  I mean we had 7 players unavailable due to injury.  It was a miracle we beat the Heat with such a short bench, but there's no way we could have sustained that.  5 of those injuries turned out to be long-term.  Of the two that weren't, West got reinjured shortly after coming back.  So ironically, Perk is the only one of that group who's now healthy and - just our luck - we've traded him away.  But there's no way anyone could have predicted any of this!

I've said it before, this team has gone through an extraordinary amount of adversity since the middle of last year.  I like to think that, unlike the journalists, Doc is focused on SOLUTIONS - where we go from here since we can't change the past.  But writing about that wouldn't sell as many stories, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

[QUOTE]The thing about journalists is they're always trying to generate the biggest possible story yielding the most drama possible.  I have been back and forth about the trade myself - first hating it, then appreciating the good players we got in return and the fact that Perk got the contract he wanted but we couldn't give him, now thinking in hindsight that maybe Danny shouldn't have gone for broke and just made a more conservative trade for a back-up small forward.  But the operative word here is HINDSIGHT.  He clearly thought at the time that we needed more. And as much as I wanted the original unit to stay together all season - for chemistry reasons along with my appreciation of each player - even I knew we had to make some kind of move with all the injuries piling up.  We literally had 7 injured players at the time of the trade - and I don't mean 7 guys injured including the ones playing hurt.  I mean we had 7 players unavailable due to injury.  It was a miracle we beat the Heat with such a short bench, but there's no way we could have sustained that.  5 of those injuries turned out to be long-term.  Of the two that weren't, West got reinjured shortly after coming back.  So ironically, Perk is the only one of that group who's now healthy and - just our luck - we've traded him away.  But there's no way anyone could have predicted any of this! I've said it before, this team has gone through an extraordinary amount of adversity since the middle of last year.  I like to think that, unlike the journalists, Doc is focused on SOLUTIONS - where we go from here since we can't change the past.  But writing about that wouldn't sell as many stories, right?
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]
     Danny did go for broke, and that's how it seems he wound up! Too bad he didn't place that bet in Vegas, then Mo Green could have taken care of him before Michael Corleone offed Mo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

The idea that we cant win w/out Perk is laughable! Im so stick n tired of hearing this garbage , as if Rondo pouting on the bench and completely getting away from his game has nothing to do w/ it. I love these "Rondo fans" who think hes the second coming. The guy COULD be one of the best defenders in the league but only plays D when he wants to. Im sorry but ive seen way to many guys get around him this year. He's easily one of the fastest/quickest players in the league , w/ one of the biggest wing spans and has to be asked/forced to play D. He'll pound the ball into the floor and wait for one of our HOFs to get open and make a play. You guys really think this kid can help rebuild this team when Big 3 are gone? He absolutely needs a great cast around him to make a difference. He cant hit free throws or a simple jump shot ... and yes hes an NBA player. Im so sick n tired of hearing how the O runs through him , 98% of the people that say that have absolutely no idea what that really means. Our O ran just fine through KG when we won it all a few years back. All Rondo would do was dump it down to him and it flowed great that way. Im sorry but im not blaming 40 y/o KG/Ray/PP etc... Rondo could be a top 5 player in the league , instead hes content w/ being a bottom half pg. There are plenty of guys that can come here and do what he does and do it better. However , lets say you take him and put him on the Thunder/Kings/Bulls/etc... those clubs are not the same. And speaking of the Kings ... why did we like Perk to begin w/? He was an enforcer and could cover the opposing teams best big man one on one. Except for the fact that the last time he played Howard he got worked pretty good. And the other night Cousins worked Perk over! W/out Evans the Kings almost beat the Thunder and all bc of D Cousins taking it to Perk over and over , one on one for 30pts! If you want to 10-11 million per for that type of play go ahead.

Sections
Shortcuts