Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days

In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I'm a 50 year Celtics fan, pretty pleased with how the summer has gone down. Bye, troll.  /> />ignore<<
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

+ 1 it does not get any better than that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days

In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days : Well you are a great example of a fan that has just grown to accept mediocrity like most other true Celtic fans. Sad days here in Boston. Very sad days. Oh how I wish the current Celtic fans knew what it is like to win titles consistently.
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]

Step back into the fog and inhale deeply!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days : Please refrain from using drug slang on my thread. It could be a trigger for others on this board that may have had probelems in the past. Thanks buddy.

Thanks for the reminder Doobie!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I feel good about the up coming season. It's nice to have a big 3 (stars), but you still need a team of players that will come to play hard every night. The teams that have these types (3 Stars) are contenders but there benches are light. What happens to these teams when one goes down?  I will take this up coming season C's team. We have good solid starters with good players coming off the bench. Doc will have to get the big rookies going earlier to see if they got it or not if they do I see very good things happening. Remember the C's are going overseas again this season, remember what happened last time they did this.

Celtics grade this off season (A)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days : Unfortunately, Brandon Bass and KG will be no match for Gasol and Howard. I wish Pierce wasn't so afraid to play against MWP. MWP has held Paul to 18 or less points in 5 of their last 6 meetings. Boston should do well against Eastern Conference opponents.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]
    First of all, there is no MWP. That fool's name is Ron Artest and he is a thug. paul isn't afraid of him but Garretson's boys let him clutch and grab too much. I'll take KG v. Gasol anyday. I could see us using a rotation on Howard (if he gets healthy) of Bass, Wilcox, Collins, etc. Hey, "Celtic Fans" (GoGreen and TommyRules), how do your Lakers feel about Nash gurding Rondo. LOL! How do they feel about Jameson guarding ...anybody! LOL Blake guarding AB? Bwaaa! Meeks v. Terry? Tahahahaha! lee will have his work cut out with KoMe. So will the chambermaids! LMAO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

In Response to Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days:
    [QUOTE]Up until this past Thursday, I was so ready for the 2013 season to start and felt pretty good about everything with the exception of Danny not bringing in an adequate center. As much as I like KG, he is not going to suffice at the Center position for an entire season. Too small and too injury prone to be playing that position over a course of 82 games. I won't even go into how bad it will be when our Celtics face the likes of Bynum or Howard. Anyways, I digress... On Thursday night when I heard that the Lakers were about to obtain Dwight Howard and even though I kind of suspected it as most other knowledgeable fans, I was absolutely thrown into the gutter and now wish that the season would not even start. It is going to be tough having to come on here and constantly see these Laker trolls unrelentlessly rub it in our faces how inferior our team is in comparison. I wont even be able to respond because they will be absolutely correct. The NBA is undoubtedly going to do well with this current deal as most NBA followers either love or hate the Lakers. They are the team that keeps the league afloat and they bring in huge revenues unlike any other NBA franchise. It just sickens me to no end knowing that our 1 title in 25 years is now going to be our 1 title in 26 years and then 1 in 27 years, and so on, and so on... I wish that Danny would do something to get a superstar instead of players like Terry and Lee. We are doomed for the foreseeable future and it is going to be hard to be a fan of a franchise that only wins 1 title every 2 and half decades and beyond. I mean seriously, the Celtics are better than the Red Sox, aren't they? I am from here on out an FFIB (Frustrated Fan in Boston)
    You are the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days. (Only we all know you aren't a Celtics fan--so why not take a dump. Then you won't be so full of it!) LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days : Gasol has always done a great job against Garnett but now Gasol will be guarding Bass. Wow, that's a bad matchup for us. Nash will not guard Rondo like most teams don't. You sit back and let him pass the ball to someone else. We will struggle with Rondo guarding Nash because Rondo likes to reach around for steals and that doesn't work against Nash. The Jordan Hill/Wilcox, Collins matchup is also a bad match up for us. Jamison will be able to guard Pierce or Bass because neither of them are speed players. I doubt Bradley plays many minutes this year. Isn't it more important to give much better players in Lee and Terry the minutes instead of Bradley? I think so. If LA outrebounds us by 20 we won't be able to overcome that.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]
    You should stick to your meaningless statistics. This analysis sucks! KG trashed Gasol in the finals both times. Gasol won't spend a lot of time gurding bass because Ibaka will be on him with Gasol watching on TV. If you don't guard Rondo, he will kill you. He was electric v. Miami. nash is washed up and Howard might be greatly diminished. Perk will handle him and Westbrook will make Nash wish for Mommy's cookies. You don't get it!!! The Lakers are not coming out of the West. Our problems are Miami and Philly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Oh, and Chicago...and maybe Brooklyn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It could be worse! We could be Laker fans!

A PG that can't sit (I am guessing surgery by the end of the year)
    A SG that does't pass (taking 45-shots a game)
    A SF that can't stay out of trouble (I am guessing jail by Feb)
    A PF that can't lead (no comment)
    A C that can't run (and when he can run, he will likely run to the Mavs)
    And a coach that can't coach! (Kobes gardner by April)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reyes74. Show Reyes74's posts

Some people in here sound like Minnions at a Dick Cheney Speech. It is ok to be optimistic, but at some point you also have to be a realist. The Lakers will kill everyone, including the Miami Heat. When Shaq went to LA 16 years ago we had the same people on here saying the same thing. Everyone on here predicted that Shaq would go Tittleless like he did in Orlando. We now know that Shaq won some tittles in LA and the prediction by all the experts, including the Vegas spread-gurus, is that Howard will go all the way in LA.

I am no fan of the Lakers or Celtics, but I wouldn't put my money on the C's unless I was purposely trying to lose it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]Some people in here sound like Minnions at a Dick Cheney Speech. It is ok to be optimistic, but at some point you also have to be a realist. The Lakers will kill everyone, including the Miami Heat. When Shaq went to LA 16 years ago we had the same people on here saying the same thing. Everyone on here predicted that Shaq would go Tittleless like he did in Orlando. We now know that Shaq won some tittles in LA and the prediction by all the experts, including the Vegas spread-gurus, is that Howard will go all the way in LA. I am no fan of the Lakers or Celtics, but I wouldn't put my money on the C's unless I was purposely trying to lose it.
    Posted by Reyes74[/QUOTE]
    If not a fan of the C's then why are you here? This is different. Howard isn't Shaq. The cast is much, much older. And Brown is NO Phil Jackson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reyes74. Show Reyes74's posts

nutter.... I guess the truth hurts, doesn't it?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

1. An old point guard
    2. A fading superstar
    3. A PF who is soft as tissue
    4. A SF who is on meds
    5. A good defensive center with limited offensive skills
    6. A so so bench

Not much different than last year's team....why all the gloom and doom. They'll make it past the 2nd round now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days : Well you are a great example of a fan that has just grown to accept mediocrity like most other true Celtic fans. Sad days here in Boston. Very sad days. Oh how I wish the current Celtic fans knew what it is like to win titles consistently.

I,m a celtics fan since 1960.I,m very excited.I believe this is the best celtics team in the last 10 years.Some people write in this forum pretending they are celtics fans,but in reality they are lakes fans trying to be funny.Go away jerks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I am sorry, did I miss some changes in the NBA such as LAL being moved to Eastern Conf. or, maybe Stern and his gang changed the schedule so Celtics will be playing LAL 30 times this season?
    What's all this fuss about Celtics vs Lakers. They play only 2 games (AFAIK). As for playoffs, LAL have to go through OKC and Celtics through Heat before they can play each other.
    So, let's focus how to beat LJ, DW and zebras and, let the trolls marvel Superman-Clown and his fight with KB.

AK

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Who cares what the lakers did? They are in the west.  Only matters if we BOTH make the finals. 

More concern should be the sixers now getting bynum, but they did lose iguodala /lou williams/ elton brand.  Iguodala is one of the best wing defenders in the league and lou williams LED them in scoring WHILE coming off the bench, and elton brand was their starting pf last year.  Nets are also improved, but I still see the celtics as the best in the atlantic, and 2nd in the east behind the heat. 

At the end of the day, all the top teams improved. Some more than others, but the celtics are in the hunt, no team no matter how good they  look on paper  is guaranteed anything. Look no futher than the 16-0 pats, the Heat from last year against dallas, the lakers the year when they aquired karl malone and gary payton etc. We can go on and on their are endless examples of paper champs. The only thing you can do is build a team that has  a chance for the title.The celtics have done that and as a fan im looking forward to the journey.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Seeing the Gasol brothers playing so well in the Olympics confirmed to me the value of height in the paint. If it were not for a group of allstars & many hall of famers, Spain would have won. Yup, their team is a bunch of Spanish NBA players but I believe they'd beat 50% of the NBA teams at least.

We have not been a dominant post team since the Bird, Parrish & McHale days. I like KG but he's older, muscular but thin, and is not a Banger center. He's best suited to shooting over 6'8"-6'9" forwards so he is one of the best power forwards in the game. Posters are correct, we only play LA twice in the year. In the East, Philly with Bynum is our biggest concern of a dominating center in the paint. The Heat don't have one but they still are the team to beat and when Rose comes back, Chicago will be tough too. I would sure like to make a play for getting 6'10" Varejao...he and KG would be a terrifc duo.

Being Dale Carnegie positive, facing the Lakers in the finals will be tough as it was facing their best twin tower duo in the game in past few years, Bynum & Gasol. With Howard now perhaps demanding double teaming, Gasol will have a field day pulling down rebounds, putting up points in the paint and, as KG, will be deadly too from 5-15 feet out. He might have his best scoring year. I believe LA, and I hate them and the Yankees, are the NBA team to beat next year. Their weakness is their bench is thin and if Nash, Kobe, Gasol or Howard get hurt, they will be an average team.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Please tell me that I am not the only Celtic fan feeling down in the dumps these days:
    [QUOTE]Up until this past Thursday, I was so ready for the 2013 season to start and felt pretty good about everything with the exception of Danny not bringing in an adequate center. As much as I like KG, he is not going to suffice at the Center position for an entire season. Too small and too injury prone to be playing that position over a course of 82 games. I won't even go into how bad it will be when our Celtics face the likes of Bynum or Howard. Anyways, I digress... On Thursday night when I heard that the Lakers were about to obtain Dwight Howard and even though I kind of suspected it as most other knowledgeable fans, I was absolutely thrown into the gutter and now wish that the season would not even start. It is going to be tough having to come on here and constantly see these Laker trolls unrelentlessly rub it in our faces how inferior our team is in comparison. I wont even be able to respond because they will be absolutely correct. The NBA is undoubtedly going to do well with this current deal as most NBA followers either love or hate the Lakers. They are the team that keeps the league afloat and they bring in huge revenues unlike any other NBA franchise. It just sickens me to no end knowing that our 1 title in 25 years is now going to be our 1 title in 26 years and then 1 in 27 years, and so on, and so on... I wish that Danny would do something to get a superstar instead of players like Terry and Lee. We are doomed for the foreseeable future and it is going to be hard to be a fan of a franchise that only wins 1 title every 2 and half decades and beyond. I mean seriously, the Celtics are better than the Red Sox, aren't they? I am from here on out an FFIB (Frustrated Fan in Boston)

What a coincidence!  As a Lakers fan I too am feeling really down on the Celtics off season.  The team got younger, added  players that fit well with their system, got deeper, and created trading flexibility.  They are perfectly situated to respond to adversity.  My Lakers on the other have two players on the roster whose backs hurt when get get constipated and have to push.  Then they have an egomaniac who is alreay barking at the new alpha dog.  And the master handler of all this is dressed in a clown suit.  Can it get any worse?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have to agree with Fierce, the fakers aren't getting anywhere near the finals. LA fans might as well have a parade Labor Day to show off their new team because they damn sure ain't doing it in June. Denver actually got the best of this deal they dumped Harrington and got a major upgrade in Iggy over Afflalo. Denver would beat the Lakers in a series.They lost to fakers last year because Aflalo can't guard Kobe,Iggy can.

Sections
Shortcuts