Poll time!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Poll time!

Okay, folks - this is a YES or NO type question:

As of today, January 22, 2014, is Rajon Rondo a Top 5 NBA PG?

I appreciate everyone's insight - no hard feelings either way.

I vote NO!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Re: Poll time!

That's a matter of opinion, but I'd say before his knee injury he was definitely in that conversation. As of today I'd say no. He hasn't played enough this season to pass a fair judgement. Go Celtics!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I always have put Rondo in the top ten not 5 (there isn't anything wrong with being one of the top ten NBA Players by position) but regardless I don't see how I could vote on anything "today" when he is coming back from a year off because of an ACL injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Passing = Yes

Ball Handling = Yes

Competitve Fire = Yes

Rebounding - Yes

Field Goal % Shooting = No

Free Throw Shooting = No

Attitude = No 

Contols Pace of game = No

I am sure there are more things folks can add but to me the above tells me 50/50. Not sure that puts anybody in the Top 5 at any Position. This would be much easier to answer if he had not played his earlier years without 3 HOFers. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

That's a matter of opinion, but I'd say before his knee injury he was definitely in that conversation. As of today I'd say no. He hasn't played enough this season to pass a fair judgement. Go Celtics!

fair points. when it comes to a subjective question, being "in the conversation" is all that matters. when healthy, Rondo is in that conversation. now, if you're basing your rankings off of this season alone, well, obviously a guy who has played a combined 65 minutes for the year isn't going to qualify. i don't think Bulls fans are hoping to trade Rose for a couple average joe's like Lin and Asik because their guy is hurt and isn't "top 5" right now. there is a group of elite PG's in the NBA who could considered top 5, Rondo is one of them, and Celtics fans should be grateful for that... but then again, we are talking about Celtics fans....

You said he's a top 5 PG...............did you mean last year, or he's in the coversation, or what??????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Mostly because of his too often lazy defense (and he can be a really good defender when he wants to), no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Trade Rondo.

He is a waste of money.

Point guards don't win championships.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Not now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

After he fully rehabs his knee yes, judging him now is completely unfair or biased.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

After he fully rehabs his knee yes, judging him now is completely unfair or biased.

Not "judging " him at all.  Mr. 911 guy says he is a top 5 PG......he didn't qualify with now or when he is healed.

If you ever believed he was a top 5 PG, that is fine.

I never did, but that also doesn't mean I don't like him as a player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

fair points. when it comes to a subjective question, being "in the conversation" is all that matters. when healthy, Rondo is in that conversation. now, if you're basing your rankings off of this season alone, well, obviously a guy who has played a combined 65 minutes for the year isn't going to qualify. i don't think Bulls fans are hoping to trade Rose for a couple average joe's like Lin and Asik because their guy is hurt and isn't "top 5" right now. there is a group of elite PG's in the NBA who could considered top 5, Rondo is one of them, and Celtics fans should be grateful for that... but then again, we are talking about Celtics fans....

You said he's a top 5 PG...............did you mean last year, or he's in the coversation, or what??????

I'd say a healthy Rondo is a top 5 PG. Did Pierce, KG, and RA contribute to his status? Absolutely! Did Rondo make them a better team and give them the opportunity to score all those points? Absolutely! A PG is the floor general. The team leader on the floor. I don't believe Pierce, KG, or Doc for that matter would have given Rondo the keys to drive if he couldn't deliver the goods every night. More importantly, he played better in big games under the scrutiny of the Boston microscope. We've all seen great athletes fade out in crunch time. There's not stat for it but Rondo has proven he's not that guy. Can you say that about your "top 5"?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'd say a healthy Rondo is a top 5 PG. Did Pierce, KG, and RA contribute to his status? Absolutely! Did Rondo make them a better team and give them the opportunity to score all those points? Absolutely! A PG is the floor general. The team leader on the floor. I don't believe Pierce, KG, or Doc for that matter would have given Rondo the keys to drive if he couldn't deliver the goods every night. More importantly, he played better in big games under the scrutiny of the Boston microscope. We've all seen great athletes fade out in crunch time. There's not stat for it but Rondo has proven he's not that guy. Can you say that about your "top 5"?  

Impossible to answer.   Let's say NO okayed the CP3 for Rondo trade........would we have another banner??

Would Westbrook or Lillard hit a chot against the Heat in Game 7?

Who the heck knows!!

Again, I LIKE Rondo.....I just don't put him in the top 5, nor do I see him leading this team through hard times until we're good again!

Not a knock on the guy.....just a knock on Mr. 911 guy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

No way, not even close.  He has to get a lot better than he has been to be considered top 10.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Trade Rondo.

He is a waste of money.

Magic Johnson?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

When healthy- definetly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Trade Rondo.

He is a waste of money.

Magic Johnson?

Isaiah Thomas?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Not "judging " him at all.  Mr. 911 guy says he is a top 5 PG......he didn't qualify with now or when he is healed.

When he was playing defense under Tom Thibodeau and offense under Doc he was one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA, when he played the champion Heat in the playoffs in 2012 he was the best player on the floor.  He is unorthodox but he is dominant when healthy And we'll coached.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Trade Rondo.

He is a waste of money.

Magic Johnson?

Isaiah Thomas?

Tiny Archibald.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

When he was playing defense under Tom Thibodeau and offense under Doc he was one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA, when he played the champion Heat in the playoffs in 2012 he was the best player on the floor.  He is unorthodox but he is dominant when healthy And we'll coached.

Key word in boldface!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Key word in boldface!!

You're wasting your time with wozzy.

He's the same one that said Fav is already a legit starting NBA Center even if Fav didn't play a single NBA regular season game.

I don't mind wozzy.  I actually hope DA can convince someone Rondo IS a top 5 PG.  My issue is with MR. 911 guy.  He's the one who said it.  I disagree........and, unlike wozzy, who at least gives facts and a little wit, this guy throws smiley faces at you and declares himself the winner.

He's entitled to his opinion, and I'd never say it's wrong..................just like I'm entitled to mine!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

I don't mind wozzy.  I actually hope DA can convince someone Rondo IS a top 5 PG.  My issue is with MR. 911 guy.  He's the one who said it.  I disagree........and, unlike wozzy, who at least gives facts and a little wit, this guy throws smiley faces at you and declares himself the winner.

He's entitled to his opinion, and I'd never say it's wrong..................just like I'm entitled to mine!

hedley

Didn't you say that Gordon Hayward's camp was asking for 12m per year?

I'm asking because Mployee doesn't believe that Hayward's camp is asking for 12m per year.

A few weeks ago you told me that Hayward's asking price was 12m per year, right?

That's what I read, yes!

According to Wojnarowski, Hayward could command a contract in the neighborhood of four years and $50 million. Of course, as a restricted free agent, Hayward could have any offersheet he signs matched by the Jazz.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/31/gordon-hayward-jazz-contract-free-agent-restricted/

Sections
Shortcuts