Poll time!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Poll time!

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Fiercy's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here we go ... more phony posts from FIERCY. FIERCY said I agreed we should pay $12MM for Hayward and I never did. I said we should use the $10MM TPE for Hayward but of course when confronted with this fact he is now looking for another avenue to try and make me look wrong rather than him. Such childish behavior. I never said I "didn't believe" anything. I said that I never agreed with Hedley when it came to offering $12MM/yr for Hayward. It's a moot point but as usual FIERCY is trying to make something out of his erroneous charge. In fact, I'd rather try to trade for him this year while his cap space is low enough that he can be added wheras trying to sign him as a RFA would eat up cap space that could be used for another player next summer. FIERCY has his panties tied up in a knot worrying about resigning Bradley.

Mployee

I keep saying it, you don't want to be called stupid but you keep acting stupid.

So put your money where your mouth is, Mployee.

For the record, are you saying the Celts will get Hayward for the 10m TPE?

Put it on record, otherwise you're just hedging.

[/QUOTE]

Let's put this on record ... I never once said we'd pay $12MM/yr for Hayward. I demand you provide a post where I said that or get lost sleezeball ... all you do is waste people's time with your false arguments so you can waste time at work. Get a real job ... this make believe job just makes you more of a liar than you were before saying you posted at work. Dunce!!!

And I'm on record as saying that I'd like to see Danny trade for Hayward this year by the deadline if doable ... remember ... Asik or Hawes or Sanders and Hayward or Turner. It's no secret what I hope to see Danny do ... You can keep hoping for more Expiring contracts and Draft Picks ... Don't hold your breath! If Danny can't get Hayward this season then I propose he uses the TPE to sign him as a RFA and force Utah to match. Others may think they will match and it will take $12MM for them to let him go but I don't agree. I think $10MM or less will do. If I'm wrong, c'est la vie!!!

[/QUOTE]

agree. i like the idea of using our tpe for hayward. then S&T AB 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

agree. i like the idea of using our tpe for hayward. then S&T AB 

[/QUOTE]

Using the 10m TPE on Hayward means Hayward will be paid 10m in the 1st year of the contract and an average of 13.3m per year from year 2 to year 4.

Remember, Hayward's camp is asking for 12m per year or 50m for 4 years.

If Hayward only wanted 10m per year, he'd be locked by the Jazz by now.

The reason why the Jazz was not able to lock up Hayward before the season started is because they refuse to give Hayward 12m per year.

[/QUOTE]

because he hasnt proven anything yet. I dont think he is that good at all. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

because he hasnt proven anything yet. I dont think he is that good at all. 

[/QUOTE]

Gordon Hayward you mean?

[/QUOTE]

yes... what i like about him is he can cover SGs, spot up shooter. but he is not a go to guy type of player. ab(6-7m) hayward(7-9m)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's a matter of opinion, but I'd say before his knee injury he was definitely in that conversation. As of today I'd say no. He hasn't played enough this season to pass a fair judgement. Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]

fair points. when it comes to a subjective question, being "in the conversation" is all that matters. when healthy, Rondo is in that conversation. now, if you're basing your rankings off of this season alone, well, obviously a guy who has played a combined 65 minutes for the year isn't going to qualify. i don't think Bulls fans are hoping to trade Rose for a couple average joe's like Lin and Asik because their guy is hurt and isn't "top 5" right now. there is a group of elite PG's in the NBA who could considered top 5, Rondo is one of them, and Celtics fans should be grateful for that... but then again, we are talking about Celtics fans....

[/QUOTE]

You said he's a top 5 PG...............did you mean last year, or he's in the coversation, or what??????

[/QUOTE]

i don't think you understand context. i said Rondo is a top 5 PG. now you're specifying it with "right now" meaning this season. only a moron would even ask that question because anyone with half of a brain would understand that the guy is 65 minutes back from a ACL injury. he hasn't played all season long, he doesn't even qualify for being top anything this season. jesus, it's like arguing with a 5 year old around here.

[/QUOTE]

So, you don't mean right now - you just say stuff you don't mean.

I do not think Rondo is or ever was a top 5 PG.

However, the attacks you have used on me have been reported.  You, sir, are over the top.  Apparently most people here agree with me, yet you choose to vent to me.

"Rondo IS a top 5 PG"

is that what you said?  Is English your first language?  IS implies present tense.  Should you wish to quantify your answer, sir, might I suggest a past tense or subjunctive verb.  "Any moron" knows that IS means right now...................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

When he was playing defense under Tom Thibodeau and offense under Doc he was one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA, when he played the champion Heat in the playoffs in 2012 he was the best player on the floor.  He is unorthodox but he is dominant when healthy And we'll coached.

[/QUOTE]

Key word in boldface!!

[/QUOTE]

Can be again... if the talent was never there or he was old I would say forget it.  He's in a better situation now, new coach.  I believe he will rise again...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When he was playing defense under Tom Thibodeau and offense under Doc he was one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA, when he played the champion Heat in the playoffs in 2012 he was the best player on the floor.  He is unorthodox but he is dominant when healthy And we'll coached.

[/QUOTE]

Key word in boldface!!

[/QUOTE]

Can be again... if the talent was never there or he was old I would say forget it.  He's in a better situation now, new coach.  I believe he will rise again...

[/QUOTE]

And, like I said, I hope DA can convince another GM that he is.  I don't think he is, and never did.  I love (d) his game, and his passion  - esp  in the playoffs.  I do not see him as leading our team out of the doldrums, and think we should get good players for him while we can.  I think he will sulk if on a bad team.  It's just my opinion........but I don't think the ability is there, that's all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

If we were able to trade RR, we would.  Obviously we can't.  Everytime RR clanks a wide open 18-footer off the back of the rim, his value sinks lower and lower.  I think this is why we're suddenly shopping Green.  DA wants to make a deal, and Jeff Green is the only player that other teams are interested in. 

I'd like to see them keep both of them.  Keep Green because of his potential.  Keep Rondo because his TOP 5 ability is sure to captain the team to the worst record in the NBA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we were able to trade RR, we would.  Obviously we can't.  Everytime RR clanks a wide open 18-footer off the back of the rim, his value sinks lower and lower.  I think this is why we're suddenly shopping Green.  DA wants to make a deal, and Jeff Green is the only player that other teams are interested in. 

I'd like to see them keep both of them.  Keep Green because of his potential.  Keep Rondo because his TOP 5 ability is sure to captain the team to the worst record in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Starting Rondo would mean that the Celtics would become worse than the bucks for certain. I am worried that if the Celtics keep playing Pressey and Vander blue than they might run off a ten game win streak.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's a matter of opinion, but I'd say before his knee injury he was definitely in that conversation. As of today I'd say no. He hasn't played enough this season to pass a fair judgement. Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]

fair points. when it comes to a subjective question, being "in the conversation" is all that matters. when healthy, Rondo is in that conversation. now, if you're basing your rankings off of this season alone, well, obviously a guy who has played a combined 65 minutes for the year isn't going to qualify. i don't think Bulls fans are hoping to trade Rose for a couple average joe's like Lin and Asik because their guy is hurt and isn't "top 5" right now. there is a group of elite PG's in the NBA who could considered top 5, Rondo is one of them, and Celtics fans should be grateful for that... but then again, we are talking about Celtics fans....

[/QUOTE]

You said he's a top 5 PG...............did you mean last year, or he's in the coversation, or what??????

[/QUOTE]

I'd say a healthy Rondo is a top 5 PG. Did Pierce, KG, and RA contribute to his status? Absolutely! Did Rondo make them a better team and give them the opportunity to score all those points? Absolutely! A PG is the floor general. The team leader on the floor. I don't believe Pierce, KG, or Doc for that matter would have given Rondo the keys to drive if he couldn't deliver the goods every night. More importantly, he played better in big games under the scrutiny of the Boston microscope. We've all seen great athletes fade out in crunch time. There's not stat for it but Rondo has proven he's not that guy. Can you say that about your "top 5"?  

[/QUOTE]

Impossible to answer.   Let's say NO okayed the CP3 for Rondo trade........would we have another banner??

Would Westbrook or Lillard hit a chot against the Heat in Game 7?

Who the heck knows!!

Again, I LIKE Rondo.....I just don't put him in the top 5, nor do I see him leading this team through hard times until we're good again!

Not a knock on the guy.....just a knock on Mr. 911 guy!

[/QUOTE]

You've stated in other threads that the "top 5" do all the things RR does AND score points which is why they're better. That's a fair statement. I've asked once before and got no reply so I'll ask again. How many PPG would it take for him to be considered a "scorer"? I'd like to see him raise his FT%too. If he were to reach whatever number you think defines scoring, does he crack your top 5 then? I'm just curious. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say a healthy Rondo is a top 5 PG. Did Pierce, KG, and RA contribute to his status? Absolutely! Did Rondo make them a better team and give them the opportunity to score all those points? Absolutely! A PG is the floor general. The team leader on the floor. I don't believe Pierce, KG, or Doc for that matter would have given Rondo the keys to drive if he couldn't deliver the goods every night. More importantly, he played better in big games under the scrutiny of the Boston microscope. We've all seen great athletes fade out in crunch time. There's not stat for it but Rondo has proven he's not that guy. Can you say that about your "top 5"?  

[/QUOTE]

Impossible to answer.   Let's say NO okayed the CP3 for Rondo trade........would we have another banner??

Who the heck knows!!

Again, I LIKE Rondo.....I just don't put him in the top 5, nor do I see him leading this team through hard times until we're good again!

[/QUOTE]

You've stated in other threads that the "top 5" do all the things RR does AND score points which is why they're better. That's a fair statement. I've asked once before and got no reply so I'll ask again. How many PPG would it take for him to be considered a "scorer"? I'd like to see him raise his FT%too. If he were to reach whatever number you think defines scoring, does he crack your top 5 then? I'm just curious. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't actually mean points.  It's hard to quantify.  I want a PG who doesn't make me cringe when the chot clock is running out, and everyone in the building knows he has to choot.  I want a PG that can make FT's .  He doesn't have to score X number of points, but the possibility he can should exist.  Esp on this young team.  He is not a danger to make the last basket in a game...............and that is what I want.

Don't know if that helps, but it's the best I can do!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who the heck knows!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't actually mean points.  It's hard to quantify.  I want a PG who doesn't make me cringe when the chot clock is running out, and everyone in the building knows he has to choot.  I want a PG that can make FT's .  He doesn't have to score X number of points, but the possibility he can should exist.  Esp on this young team.  He is not a danger to make the last basket in a game...............and that is what I want.

Don't know if that helps, but it's the best I can do!

[/QUOTE]

That's understandable. I too would like a guy on the Celtics that is a proven finisher. Someone that will make them pay every time. Pierce had that quality. 

Sections
Shortcuts