Poll: When Do You Think the Celtics Will Go Over .500?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Poll: When Do You Think the Celtics Will Go Over .500?

-

After three games the Celtics are 1 - 2:  when do you think they will go over .500 and achieve a winning percentage?

A:  Nov. 9th, v 76'ers

B: Nov. 10th, v Bucks 

C:  Nov. 12th, v Bulls

D:  Nov. 14th, v Jazz

E:  Nov. 15th, v Nets

F:  After the 9th game, sometime, don't know when.

Vote early and often -- no Picture ID required, not even citizenship. Martians and Venusians welcome.

-

Poll 2:  Looking at the upcomming schedule, when do you think the Celtics will go over .500 and stay there.

Or do you think the Celtics could possibly be a sub .500 team this season?

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Poll: When Do You Think the Celtics Will Go Over .500?

F. 

This team has a long learning curve ahead of them.  Doc's not a big believer in practices, due the heavy mileage  some  of the players have, so that  won't help things either. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

F. 

This team has a long learning curve ahead of them.  Doc's not a big believer in practices, due the heavy mileage  some  of the players have, so that  won't help things either. 

[/QUOTE]
    You may be right.  Although, considering how many new players this team has, they would benefit from more practice. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I think F, is a good choice.  A, with a little luck, is a possibility. If not A, then F. It's kind of a trick question because if it's not A, then it can't be B.  And if it's not C, it can't be D.

That leaves F as the choice with the highest probability.   The better question would be when will the Celts go over .500 and stay there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't think we can beat the 76'ers at this point in the season. We will though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I've edited the thread/post and added new poll questions that may be more appropriate:

Poll 2:

Looking at the upcomming schedule, when do you think the Celtics will go over .500 and stay there.

Or do you think the Celtics could possibly be a sub .500 team this season?

Polls are a good way of getting a sense of how many active users there are on the board at this time.  If everyone puts in their two-cents worth and votes or offers an opinion.

Too bad the BCDD can't get it together to finish the renovations, or is this it.  The old poll feature was a nice touch.

-

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Reply to Rajon Rondowski, who,  if that's actually him in  the picture, could afford to lose a little weight.

"Too bad the BCDD can't get it together to finish the renovations, or is this it.  The old poll feature was a nice touch."

Afraid you're just going to have  to find workarounds for the features you want that are still missing.  I didn't like what they did to the "reply to this post" feature, so now I do my own thing with it.

I wouldn't tear into the programmers at BDC too much.  They've probably got other assignments now. BDC board is just a low priority at the present.

Regarding Poll 2, I have no idea.  This team,  with so many new playerrs and people  hopefully trying to learn their role,  figure out what it is to stay motivated  during  98% of the regular season games,  and the coaching staff trying to figure out the best rotations, is too much in  flux right now.

Regarding the recent flareup in bad feelings among some  of  the posters here (obviously not including Laker trolls), I would just like to add, not  that anybody's asking, that when I see two highly opinionated longterm posters really going at it, I just see a couple  of  passionate Celtic fans who, in  the midst  of disagreeing,  have momentarily lost sight of the fact the person they're arguing with is also a big Celtic fan. I admire the  intensity and amount of thought you all  put into analyzing a team  we all care so much about.  It's difficult for me to  reflect on  the C's as much as many of you do, because I keep going  back to thinking these are, afterall, grown men bouncing a ball in their  underwear on national  TV, and I'm  better  at oneliners then deep analysis.

Irregardless of how it plays out, this season  does promise to be interesting, and this board, ramshackle but functional enough, will hopefully see a great deal more  disagreements, which do make for better  reading than everybody marching together in lockstep.  Up with the Celtics,  down with the  Heat  and Lakers,  and I'll  stop running off  at the mouth now.  My apologies for going  so off topic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Oh ye of little faith.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't like what they did to the "reply to this post" feature, so now I do my own thing with it.

Regarding Poll 2, I have no idea.  This team,. ..   too much in  flux right now.

. . . I see two highly opinionated longterm posters really going at it, I just see a couple  of  passionate Celtic fans who, in  the midst  of disagreeing,  have momentarily lost sight of the fact the person they're arguing with is also a big Celtic fan.

I admire the  intensity and amount of thought you all  put into analyzing grown men bouncing a ball in their  underwear on national  TV,

Irregardless of how it plays out, this season  does promise to be interesting, and this board, ramshackle but functional enough, will hopefully see a great deal more  disagreements, which do make for better  reading than everybody marching together in lockstep.  Up with the Celtics,  down with the  Heat  and Lakers,  and I'll  stop running off  at the mouth now.  My apologies for going  so off topic.

[/QUOTE]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Nice, breaktime, nice. I like your take and analysses and approach. I love a good lenghty in-depth post much better than one-liners. Like the one just above, I mean, why even bother.

Yeah, the BDC really s^cks, but I'm tryijng to work with the primitive tools: can't live w'out spell checking though and I'm still having trouble with my cursor.

Me too, on the Reply, Quote thing, drives me crazy when people quote a long line of replies instead of using the delete, copy, and post functions.

Celtic's Schedule

Right there's the Celtic schedule.  I'm surprised all the big time boosters of thisyear's celtic's team aren't puting in their predictions of when the C's will go over .500 or if they even will.

Even the yee of little faith guy, after his very very clever one-liner did not offer a prediction to show how much faith he has.

I'm going to step ou on a limb and make a bold prediction or two:

One: the Celtics will be a better than .500 team this season.

Two:  The Celtics, will go over and stay over .500 on October 5th against the T'wolves.

If they aren't over .500 to stay by October 5th, I predict they will be flirting with a .500 record for the rest of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

C

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Will the Celts go over .500 tonight?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

My bad on  the prediction

Genaro008 got to the head of the line

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Congrats to Generro008 for calling it correctly.

And the C's did it in style, like Road Warriors, in the Windy City with back to back road wins.  A lot of improvement on this short road trip.  Road trips are often where problems get solved, and let's hope the C's figured a few things out on this trip.

Now on to question number 2 when will the Celtics go over .500 and stay there.

With two back-to-backs coming up they may flirt with .500 for a while before going over it and staying over it.  If they come out of the next week or so over .500, I'd say our early season woes are largely behind us and they will stay over .500.  If they sink to .500 or below during that time then I'm sticking with my October 5th date for going over and staying over .500.

-

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I still have a good feeling about this team. I think for a while we will win ugly with lots of improvements but in the end this team will come togather there is just ro much talent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Right after the CHI game..............lol

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts