poll: will the celtics make the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

poll: will the celtics make the playoffs?

this pollster says-no

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: poll: will the celtics make the playoffs?

RR will not be his old self until mid to late season! Factor that in with DAs emphasis on developing young players, and I say not likely! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Only if the whole organization are complete idiots!  I hope they have the worst record in the entire league.  You have to get bad to get good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Playoffs ?  They will be lucky to win 30 games next season. They have bottomed out and have multiple dark years ahead of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

They make it into the PO's by a whisker because Captain Rajon Pierre Rondo turns it on and plays out of his F-N mind the last week of the season, leading our Celtics single-handedly to a late charging 25-57 season... but we get bounced in Round 1 of the PO's.

SUMMATION:

In/Out of the PO's.

Out of the Lottery!

Into oblivion.

Thanks a lot, Captain Rondo!

Aren't you the hero!

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

the Celtics will not make the playoffs.  Obviously.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

A better question might be about how many games they are winning next year? Is it 15, 20, 25, or 30 or more?  If it is more than 30, then it may not matter at all in the bigger scheme of things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think this is going to be better than many are expecting them to be. Yes we do make playoffs. Tanking to get a lotto draft pick is the worst way to build a franchise. Losing to win just doesn't happen. How did Portland do when they drafted Oden? Duncan is maybe the one example of a team building a franchise by sitting its best players and being sucsessful.How many rings did Orlando win by landing DH. Did Cleveland win a ring with LBJ? Talking heads are all gloom and doom their jobs are to blow things way out of porportion. Look we won 1 ring in 6 years,PP was a Celtic but his time has past. the Celtics were the most dominate team in the NBA for about 20 years and then they faded into oblivion for about 20 more,because of dumb azz decisions like tanking to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I think this is going to be better than many are expecting them to be. Yes we do make playoffs. Tanking to get a lotto draft pick is the worst way to build a franchise. Losing to win just doesn't happen. How did Portland do when they drafted Oden? Duncan is maybe the one example of a team building a franchise by sitting its best players and being sucsessful.How many rings did Orlando win by landing DH. Did Cleveland win a ring with LBJ? Talking heads are all gloom and doom their jobs are to blow things way out of porportion. Look we won 1 ring in 6 years,PP was a Celtic but his time has past. the Celtics were the most dominate team in the NBA for about 20 years and then they faded into oblivion for about 20 more,because of dumb azz decisions like tanking to win.

Agreed. The goal for every season should be to win the finals regardless of who is on your roster. To create a winning team you have to create a winning attitude. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

A better question might be about how many games they are winning next year? Is it 15, 20, 25, or 30 or more?  If it is more than 30, then it may not matter at all in the bigger scheme of things.

they got three first round picks from the Nets. it matters. but I get your point, this team as it stands could win 30 games. But I doubt it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

No playoffs, but fun to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In your 4 examples, Spurs worked perfectly. Cleveland also worked, tried hard to get there and might have gotten there if LeBron stayed.  Orlando also worked but the management did not go all out to try to get enough talents around him, but they were not that far at one point.  Oden was an unfortunate event for Portland.

It is not often that a sure great talents come around and I understand what you are saying, but from past history, it looks like Danny also understand this and was willing to do the unpleasant to try to have a chance.  It will be interesting what is the plan for next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

they got three first round picks from the Nets. it matters. but I get your point, this team as it stands could win 30 games. But I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

The idea is to try to get Wiggins next year.  Nets picks could help down the road but not next year draft.  Wiggins could be the next LeBron, I don't know, he has not even played in college yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to bigbostonceltics' comment:

this pollster says-no

I hope not.I would love a 20-62 seasson.The rebuildin process would be quicker.We,the fans should be prepared for 2-3 rough years and them think about banner #18.Danny has a plan,lets support him.Go celtica

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The point of blowing it up is to NOT make the playoffs, esp. if the 2014 draft is as good as the draftniks are saying.  I wouldn't be surprised if Danny moves more of the vets who have value to other teams to accumulate even more draft picks and young players.  If they're gonna go for a high lottery pick, next year is the year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Totally agree. I don't think this team next year will be all that bad. A lot of doom in gloom in a lot of post. Is it a rebuild sure, but there is some very good young talent right now. Every one may be surprised when next season gets going. I would like to thank PP and KG for your effort in Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No, they won't get close to the playoffs.  And this is a team that knows all about having to rebuild.  They don't have it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In your 4 examples, Spurs worked perfectly. Cleveland also worked, tried hard to get there and might have gotten there if LeBron stayed.  Orlando also worked but the management did not go all out to try to get enough talents around him, but they were not that far at one point.  Oden was an unfortunate event for Portland.

It is not often that a sure great talents come around and I understand what you are saying, but from past history, it looks like Danny also understand this and was willing to do the unpleasant to try to have a chance.  It will be interesting what is the plan for next year.

What year did Ceveland win a ring? What year did Orlando? Maybe perfectly wasn't the right choice of words. Draftniks had Portland being a top contender when drafting Oden. The point is for every #1 lottery pick that turns a franchise around there are probably 50 that haven't. For every one Hakeem/JabbarMagic,there are  dozens of LaRue Martins ,Bargianis,Joe Barry Carrolls,Micheal Olakwandis,Kwame Browns,Pervis Ellisons,Larry Johnsons,Kent Bensons,Derrick Colemans,Glen Robinsons. I could list many more but I think you get my point. There are also many #1s who never won until later in their careers with other teams also. The idea of losing to win is ludicrous. Tanking to get into the lottery makes about as much sense as taking all your savings and buying lottery tickets,maybe you win but more than likely you aren't. Fact of all the teams that have had the #1 pick in the last 20 years there is only one team that has won a ring(s) with that player since.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

But some here think they will with Rondo, Green, AB, and Sully!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Strong logic on that one. I am one who thinks we will make the playoffs and won't need the lottery to build a contending team. Why you ask? Because we have a strong young core some finacial flexibility now and more in the near future. DA has yet to pick a coach or make any other deals. I loved these few years with Pierce,KG,RA we came close but a couple of times but we weren't a dynasty. I said earlier even if we don't have Rondo,PP,KG we are still good enough to be a playoff team. We're fans and all of opinions are based on  speculation,including yours. Your HAHAHAHAHAHAHA statements should be used exclusively on Laker trolls not fans that are more optimistic than you. Like Mark Twain once said "The reports of my demise recently have been greatly exaggerrated".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Your emotional response has no basis in simple logic. We know why people lose trying to get more chance at better draft picks.  The value proposition is there even if you choose to ignore it.  Unfortunately, it is not the only way to become a great team.  Teams with the cache or allure to attract good talents have huge advantage, which Cleveland and Orlando do not, and I believe unfortunately the Celtics is not quite one of those teams either.  There are many ways to get there, and only one team can win each year.  Moreover, it is not every year that you have a push to get the talent from the draft but this maybe the year.  You can cite as many busts as you want, but most championships are littered with great players of the high draft pick variety.  Let's see what Ainge approach will be for next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But some here think they will with Rondo, Green, AB, and Sully!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Strong logic on that one. I am one who thinks we will make the playoffs and won't need the lottery to build a contending team. Why you ask? Because we have a strong young core some finacial flexibility now and more in the near future. DA has yet to pick a coach or make any other deals. I loved these few years with Pierce,KG,RA we came close but a couple of times but we weren't a dynasty. I said earlier even if we don't have Rondo,PP,KG we are still good enough to be a playoff team. We're fans and all of opinions are based on  speculation,including yours. Your HAHAHAHAHAHAHA statements should be used exclusively on Laker trolls not fans that are more optimistic than you. Like Mark Twain once said "The reports of my demise recently have been exaggerrated".

[/QUOTE]

If one wants to use logic a line up of Rondo (if healthy) Bradley, Green, Sully (if healthy) and whoever wins the job at center between Humpries and Olynk is quite bad.

It really is.

That is not doom and gloom, I love every Celtics team, good and bad and I look forward to next season.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Your emotional response has no basis in simple logic. We know why people lose trying to get more chance at better draft picks.  The value proposition is there even if you choose to ignore it.  Unfortunately, it is not the only way to become a great team.  Teams with the cache or allure to attract good talents have huge advantage, which Cleveland and Orlando do not, and I believe unfortunately the Celtics is not quite one of those teams either.  There are many ways to get there, and only one team can win each year.  Moreover, it is not every year that you have a push to get the talent from the draft but this maybe the year.  You can cite as many busts as you want, but most championships are littered with great players of the high draft pick variety.  Let's see what Ainge approach will be for next year.

Well I didn't think it was emotional but what you just posted makes a much better point. I especially agree with only one team wins it and there are many ways to get there. I feel we have enough "chips" as DA likes to say to be able to sit at the big table sooner than later. You disagree that's OK . If we are worse than I thought and we make and get lucky in the lottery great. The draft is always just an educated guess at best,which in hindsight is what I should have probably stated at first. I'm just saying we haven't even begun FA period or hire a new coach or even gotten a chance to evaluate some of our young guys  in the summer league and many are overly pessimistic and are ready to start burying the team.  I may be right I may be wrong but only time will tell.

Sections
Shortcuts