Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?

In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs? : Both the Knicks and Bucks are playing better.  It is still possible that the Celtics could end up as the 9th seed and miss the playoffs.  Although, I would imagine that the 8th seed may not be decided until late in April. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

If we don't win the Atlantic Division, I would prefer not to make the playoffs at all.  While I still hope we win every game, and would root for my guys like crazy against either the Heat or the Bulls, realistically speaking, it will be very disappointing!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i realize skepticism is the popular sentiment around here, but we're tied w/ philly in the loss column going into tonight's very winnable game in milw. philly will be fresh hosts again tomorrow nite, but if boston can win tonight the celtics should be adequately engaged for a very important matchup in philly tomorrow.

winning the atlantic div is obviously the goal, but 5th or 6th seed works for Cs almost as well. the coming playoffs will be the last go round for the big3. given some reasonable good fortune in the health dept (which may be asking too much, ha!) i don't see them going quietly, not against chi and mia and certainly not against the rest of the possible opposition.

playoff time is always fun in boston, and i suspect - even with all our difficulties - that will include this year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs? : You only mentioned the Philly game tomorrow night. How about the 3 times the Celts will face the Heat in April? Or the one game each against the Bulls, Spurs, Magic, and Pacers next month? The back to back to back games next month? The Celts will most probably end up with a 6-15 record from here on out. Not because the Celts are bad, but because of the tough schedule. And expecting the Celts to not suffer any kind of injury for the next 21 games is very unlikely.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    you may be right, fierce, or i may be. guess we'll just have to wait and see.

i've seen how difficult you can be w/ bets, nevertheless i propose a gentlemen's agreement here: i say Cs finish no less than 6th seed and w/ a better than 6-15 record going forward from this day, 3.22.12; you say NO on both counts. winner merely gets satisfaction of being correct while loser merely suffers the indignity of being wrong, which happens with regularity anyway.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Tonight's game is huge. Either the Celtics will be 4 up on the Bucks or 2 up. I'm less concerned about the Sixers game. It'll be on ESPN (which means Rondo will play well), the reinforcements will have arrived by then (whoever they are), and the Celtics will want revenge for the embarrassing loss there a couple weeks back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

More from the freezer.  I would like to congratulate David on being a optimistic Celtic fan.  This thread is not to bash Fierce either so please don't assume that. 

More of lets just be patient.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I don't know.

Playing the way they have over the first 4 games, I think not.  But I don't expect them to continue to play so poorly.

On the other hand they do have a tough schedule and that always makes a struggling team struggle more.

They have chemistry problems from where I sit, and if the media are asking the chemistry questions already, and they have a closer look every day than we do, it might be a big problem.

Danny can start wheeling and dealing instead of giving this team time to work out the kinks, and that will not help this team I predict.

It's almost hard to not make the playoffs, so the C's should be in the mix, but it's definatly not a  given, not a sure thing.

-

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-

I don't know.

Playing the way they have over the first 4 games, I think not.  But I don't expect them to continue to play so poorly.

On the other hand they do have a tough schedule and that always makes a struggling team struggle more.

They have chemistry problems from where I sit, and if the media are asking the chemistry questions already, and they have a closer look every day than we do, it might be a big problem.

Danny can start wheeling and dealing instead of giving this team time to work out the kinks, and that will not help this team I predict.

It's almost hard to not make the playoffs, so the C's should be in the mix, but it's definatly not a  given, not a sure thing.

-

[/QUOTE]

This post was from last year.  No one was talking about this years team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

-

I don't know.

-

[/QUOTE]

This post was from last year.  No one was talking about this years team.

[/QUOTE]

Thank God.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

new season, new question for 2012. My answer remains the same.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Vote now!

Do you intentionally start idiotic posts just to call attention to yourself and draw trolls?

Four games into an 82 game season is way too early to even begin to judge a team.  If you went by the first week of the season, you'd think the Knicks were going to steamroller the league this year.  Ask us seriously in January and we can at least make an educated guess based on a statistically significant sample.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

My apologies. :-)

[QUOTE]

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vote now!

Do you intentionally start idiotic posts just to call attention to yourself and draw trolls?

Four games into an 82 game season is way too early to even begin to judge a team.  If you went by the first week of the season, you'd think the Knicks were going to steamroller the league this year.  Ask us seriously in January and we can at least make an educated guess based on a statistically significant sample.

[/QUOTE]

You already see who's trying to draw the attention?

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Wow!!! How far the Celtic board has fallen. So sure were some of us of how much the Celts had improved with the new addition of players--and then-- From optimism, confidence  and title aspiration --to--after only a few games: "Will the Celtics make the Playoffs?"   LOL!!! D@mn.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Fiercest, do you have too much time on  your hands?

I'm shaking my head at the thread title.

Barring major injuries, nobrainer here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Like I said, this thread was made last March 20, 2012. This thread was made one month before last season's playoffs started. I mean this thread was for last season, not this season!

Didn't see that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This board's bad enough  without restarting threads from  last season