Pondering Doc & Rajon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Pondering Doc & Rajon

I give no credence to what Danny says about the future of his players or his recent statement about Doc returning.  Danny doesn't like showing his hand and sometimes plants tidbits just to benefit his trade position.  

Several things to consider:

Our biggest current weakness and highest priority is to land a quality staring center.  

There are no immediate starting centers in the draft (including Noel IMO). 

Rondo is the only asset that will get the C's a quality proven center in a trade.

Danny has tried to trade Rondo at least three times previously.   

Rondo's attractive contract coupled with Pierce's ability to still contribute (he was the C's leading scorer) along with a throw in (Crawford) can net is a starting center and a starting PG who can shoot and play D.  Doc doesn'tlike coaching young players.  Danny and Doc are not particularly close.  Danny would trade Doc in a heartbeat if he could IMO.  Throw in Doc and get a draft pick.

The draft is deep at SG and there will be several great shooters available at #16. 

That leaves the only need at PF (with or without Garnett).  Hopefully we attract a FA to supplement Sully.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

...In most situations in this league, when a coach has a star caliber player with the heart of a winner (ala Rajon)....

Winners don't sit in their car in the parking lot before games, they are inside the arena working on their jumpshot.  

Are you being serious? I don't know whether you're being:

a) a smarta**

b) a dumba**

c) serious

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pick c. What exactly would you know about being a winner? Enlighten me.

Awefully judgemental.

Darkman is a heat troll infesting our forum.  Or he is out in force now, along with his bretheren, because teh Celts are in transiton.  He and many others were missing from the forum because noticing positives in an extermely competitive situation is dangerous.  You can be more wrong than right.  These guys have crawled out now as it will be safe to bash everything and everybody and appear knowledgeable and be correct most of the time.

That's not true, when is giving objective criticism being a troll.  I have been bashing Rondo even when the Celts were doing well, so it hasn't been like it's new or anything...it's not my fault that my years of pointing out his weakness has finally been brought to the light and made evident to so many now, which I have known all along.

Rondo is extremely athletic and is talented, but he is 1 dimensional, there's no denying it.  He can't shoot, can't shoot FTs, and needs the ball in his hands to be effective.  It's been 6 years now and he hasn't improved and is still the same dude from 08, the only difference is Doc puts the ball in his hands 90% of the time now.  

He also plays for assists, we seen him many times pass up layups to pass out for assists.

He is stubborn and egotistic, we have all witness his tantrums when Doc benches him in the 4th.

I would be the first to applaud him if he could change and become a better all around player, but he hasn't...it's been 6 yrs now.

Rondo did say in his recent interview that he would try to change his game when he comes back, to not dominate the ball as much, ( I say when the cows jump over the moon.)  But even Rondo admits to the flaws of his game.

The Celts should trade the guy, but the Celts want a allstar caliber player in return, but no teams will take him because they see the same flaws as I do.  Having Rondo will borg down the offense.  No team is going to give up a allstar caliber player for Rondo.   The Celts are stuck with him.

I haven't seen you around much.  Your post count reads 157 posts.  Unless you have been posting under a different name, I have not read you criticizing Rondo for years.  Now criticize is what you do.  I don't deny that.  You are not a troll?  Fine.  But your presence on this forum and your negative voice has been highly amplified lately.

Pud seems to have the ratio of 1 positive post and 99 negative per 100. I am trying to figure out yours.  In the mean time, all of you objective critical guys are here in force because it is safer for you.  Safer to be objective and critical with no need to be constructive.  You will not be wrong.  If you deign to provide any constructive comments in this situation, you run the danger of being wrong.  I don't think that you guys can take that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

...In most situations in this league, when a coach has a star caliber player with the heart of a winner (ala Rajon)....

Winners don't sit in their car in the parking lot before games, they are inside the arena working on their jumpshot.  

a) a smarta**

b) a dumba**

c) serious

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pick c. What exactly would you know about being a winner? Enlighten me.

Awefully judgemental.

Darkman is a heat troll infesting our forum.  Or he is out in force now, along with his bretheren, because teh Celts are in transiton.  He and many others were missing from the forum because noticing positives in an extermely competitive situation is dangerous.  You can be more wrong than right.  These guys have crawled out now as it will be safe to bash everything and everybody and appear knowledgeable and be correct most of the time.

That's not true, when is giving objective criticism being a troll.  I have been bashing Rondo even when the Celts were doing well, so it hasn't been like it's new or anything...it's not my fault that my years of pointing out his weakness has finally been brought to the light and made evident to so many now, which I have known all along.

Rondo is extremely athletic and is talented, but he is 1 dimensional, there's no denying it.  He can't shoot, can't shoot FTs, and needs the ball in his hands to be effective.  It's been 6 years now and he hasn't improved and is still the same dude from 08, the only difference is Doc puts the ball in his hands 90% of the time now.  

He also plays for assists, we seen him many times pass up layups to pass out for assists.

He is stubborn and egotistic, we have all witness his tantrums when Doc benches him in the 4th.

I would be the first to applaud him if he could change and become a better all around player, but he hasn't...it's been 6 yrs now.

Rondo did say in his recent interview that he would try to change his game when he comes back, to not dominate the ball as much, ( I say when the cows jump over the moon.)  But even Rondo admits to the flaws of his game.

The Celts should trade the guy, but the Celts want a allstar caliber player in return, but no teams will take him because they see the same flaws as I do.  Having Rondo will borg down the offense.  No team is going to give up a allstar caliber player for Rondo.   The Celts are stuck with him.

BTW, I acknowledge the reason in the above post.  But, as I said, there is no suggestion for what can be done.  That is why I say that you guys like to hear your voice.  Lets hear you guys offer some thoughts on what can be done.  "Get rid of Rondo, or, Rondo is a problem" is not constructive, even though you may think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

a) a smarta**

b) a dumba**

c) serious

Awefully judgemental.

BTW, I acknowledge the reason in the above post.  But, as I said, there is no suggestion for what can be done.  That is why I say that you guys like to hear your voice.  Lets hear you guys offer some thoughts on what can be done.  "Get rid of Rondo, or, Rondo is a problem"is not constructive, even though you may think so.

Constructive thoughts.  It's obvious: Here's what Celtics can do: stop letting Rondo ball hog.  Hold him accountable for his actions.  Sit his @$$ down on the offensive end in the last 2-3 minutes of games.   Doc did all this in the 08, and then lost his Fruity Pebbles, and now Rondo does whatever he wants...like throw hissy fits and tantrums when he doesn't get his way.  Make Rondo drink a whole can of Duncan juice, so he stops acting like a diva.

The Celtics better get this headcase under control because they'll not gonna be able to trade him.  If the same Rondo comes back, it's gonna be pound pound pound the clock away offense again.  

What do you want me to say: Sing praises to Rondo for his swell personality and talent and pretend everything is all roses and flowers.   Well it's not.  Rondo's a problem.  I can't stand the guy.  He makes it painful to watch the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Constructive thoughts.  It's obvious: Here's what Celtics can do: stop letting Rondo ball hog.  Hold him accountable for his actions.  Sit his @$$ down on the offensive end in the last 2-3 minutes of games.   Doc did all this in the 08, and then lost his Fruity Pebbles, and now Rondo does whatever he wants...like throw hissy fits and tantrums when he doesn't get his way.  Make Rondo drink a whole can of Duncan juice, so he stops acting like a diva.

The Celtics better get this headcase under control because they'll not gonna be able to trade him.  If the same Rondo comes back, it's gonna be pound pound pound the clock away offense again.  

What do you want me to say: Sing praises to Rondo for his swell personality and talent and pretend everything is all roses and flowers.   Well it's not.  Rondo's a problem.  I can't stand the guy.  He makes it painful to watch the Celtics.

In other words, what you are suggesting is that the Celts best option is to hold a firm line with Rondo and force him to improve.  We all understand that the Celts just don't have a roster to compete for championship right now.  Your recommendation is to whip Rondo into shape.  That is the highest priority move in your mind.  Right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I think Doc is overrated as well.  Before KG came here, Doc was on the verge of being fired.  Sick of hearing what a great recruiter he is....Chris Paul was just begging to come here (eyes rolling).  If we are a young team next year, I don't want Doc back.  Bring in Nate McMillan.  Let's move on.  Doc was the one begging Danny to bring in Courtney Lee last year because he was friendly with him....so now we're stuck with that albatross contract for the next 3 years. 

Amazing how insightful you are and how much you know about Danny's and Doc's conversations.   You know that Doc was on the verge of being fired.  You know that only Doc wanted Courtney Lee.  You even know what Chris Paul wanted and didn't want.   I'm amazed at how much you "know".  

Maybe you even know why KG and Paul want to play for Doc and what they all talk about?   Hmmmm.   Maybe you know what Danny is thinking now about what he'll do next year?   

Seriously, try not to make your conjecture part of your "doc hate" post.   If you don't like him and think we're better off without him, that's fine.   Just stop making up stuff to support your theory.

Sorry.  Unlike you, I watched the Celtics before KG arrived.  I don't hate Doc - he was the right coach for a veteran team, but not for a young rebuilding team.

Sections
Shortcuts