Poor Baron Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Poor Baron Davis

Geez the poor guy goes from his hometown of L.A. where he has all his successful business ventures to the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers. If I'm Baron I'm pulling the Wisconsin Democrats playbook and go missing!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Poor Baron Davis

I saw that.

Guy was finally playing hard and excited about basketball again and they traded him to Cleveland for two inferior players (Moe Williams and Jamario Moon)

Moe Williams can't pass and can't shoot anymore.  Jamario Moon hasn't been relevant in a couple years.

Donald Sterling is a P.O.S.

On the plus side, hopefully Blake Griffin will want out of L.A. because of garbage like this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If he has been making all this money and finally started playing hard he got whats coming to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I find it hard to feel sorry for a guy who's still playing in  the NBA, just got traded from one lottery team to another and is earning several million dollars a year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

meh, its davis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Davis came to camp out of shape, he has himself to blame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Poor Baron Davis:
    [QUOTE]Geez the poor guy goes from his hometown of L.A. where he has all his successful business ventures to the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers. If I'm Baron I'm pulling the Wisconsin Democrats playbook and go missing!!
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

Baron Davis is being re-united with the coach who made him into a decent PG (Davis apologized to Scott recently for their arguments -- Davis said he finally realized what a good influence Coach Scott had been to him!).  Also Cavs have two first round and two second round picks in this year's draft!  And, they got those two young, promising players from you guys for almost nothing!  And, Cavs still have $14.5 million player exception (what they got for LBJ) to use!  The re-build in Cleveland is on its way!  Things aren't as dark as you make it!      

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I agree that things are bright for Cleveland's future, but that future is at least 2 or 3 years away.  Draft a couple of great players and it will take them 2 or 3 years to become great.   In the meantime, Clippers are probably now only a year away from a playoff calibre team (next year).   So, if you're Baron Davis, you suffer through record losses in Cleveland in 2011 and likely bottom of the league in 2012 and then see your team START to get good in 2013, maybe.   Then, he has to retire in 2013.  All this after Elton Brand told him to "come on down to the Clippers, my friend" and then Brand bolted.  

Better for him to get bought out and have his last year somewhere fun.

In he meantime, Baron is getting older and misses out on the Clippers climb.

Poor Baron Davis.  I wouldn't want that fate.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Baron Davis:
    [QUOTE]I agree that things are bright for Cleveland's future, but that future is at least 2 or 3 years away.  Draft a couple of great players and it will take them 2 or 3 years to become great.   In the meantime, Clippers are probably now only a year away from a playoff calibre team (next year).   So, if you're Baron Davis, you suffer through record losses in Cleveland in 2011 and likely bottom of the league in 2012 and then see your team START to get good in 2013, maybe.   Then, he has to retire in 2013.  All this after Elton Brand told him to "come on down to the Clippers, my friend" and then Brand bolted.   Better for him to get bought out and have his last year somewhere fun. In he meantime, Baron is getting older and misses out on the Clippers climb. Poor Baron Davis.  I wouldn't want that fate.   
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Well, Davis himself does not agree with you!  Here is what he said on his Twitter account just a few minutes ago: 

"I can't wait to join my new team, bring good energy and help us win games. I'm ready to call The Q home and bring some excitement"!!! 

At least Davis has better PR skills than LBJ ever had!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

looks like Davis is going to be bought out...  Do we need another PG???  him and PP are long time friends (which to me it does not matter) but it means Davis could show some flashes from old... I wouldnt mind that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

If Baron Davis had behavioral issues before...wait til he leaves sunny L.A.(where he has local businesses), to COLD, DREARY, Cleveland...on one of the WORST teams in NBA history to boot.

It's a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. I don't think he'll be there for long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]If Baron Davis had behavioral issues before...wait til he leaves sunny L.A.(where he has local businesses), to COLD, DREARY, Cleveland...on one of the WORST teams in NBA history to boot. It's a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. I don't think he'll be there for long.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I agree, but dont you think the C's have handled worst cases before? I think we can name more than one ..Baron is a veteran, he should grow up at least once!  ..I have always been a fan and I can say the guy has mad skills that could spark C's offense in an instant...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Baron Davis :   I agree, but dont you think the C's have handled worst cases before? I think we can name more than one ..Baron is a veteran, he should grow up at least once!  ..I have always been a fan and I can say the guy has mad skills that could spark C's offense in an instant...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was talking about the Cavs. The Celtics on the other hand, I think he'll be just fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Poor Baron Davis:
    [QUOTE]Geez the poor guy goes from his hometown of L.A. where he has all his successful business ventures to the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers. If I'm Baron I'm pulling the Wisconsin Democrats playbook and go missing!!
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

I think Baron Davis is one of the most disappointing players in the history of pro basketball. After Golden State upset Dallas a few years ago in the play-offs I said, "boy, this guy is good. Watch out going forward," but it never really happened. He was too lazy {IMO-weight, playing hard every night, playing defense 48 minites a night, etc.} He's just been a huge disappointment as far as the reality paralleling the hype and the salary..............Another thing. I always felt he was a "dirty" player. I saw him swat at balls and break guys fingers, he'd stick his knee out at times when guys tried to slide by. Off the top of my head there are three guys currently in the league who are certified "dirty" players {guys who actually try to injure people} Baron Davis, James Posey, and Brad Miller.