Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA

Given how the Celtics were robbed of a championship (and the whole world knows) I am surprised that this fool (kobedaman) is even on here. I would be ashamed to even be calling myself a Laker fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'd believe that if your thoughts posted here didn't mainly center on Rondo.  Concentrating on his issues, rather than looking at his better side - which is pretty darned good.  You generally post the team stinks.  They don't, they just have a short shelf-life.  Which is better than no-life they had since the early '90s

I followed what you've posted re - getting younger & Rondo-free.  Frankly I could have gone either way, at least the younger part.  I don't fault Ainge for 'staying the course'. Mostly because if they let the old bodies go they'd be back 5 yaers ago when they had cap $$ and no one to spend it on. 

You're anti-Rondo, anti-Ainge and besides talking about the glory days of DJ, Byrd, and on back to Russel et al. I'm not seeing much pro-Celtic at all.  At least now Ainge has half a shot at a title and bringing other bodies in 2 years from now, with something around them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA:
    [QUOTE]Given how the Celtics were robbed of a championship (and the whole world knows) I am surprised that this fool (kobedaman) is even on here. I would be ashamed to even be calling myself a Laker fan.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Because someone has another point of view I should be banned?  lol  What exactly should I be ashamed of Man from Texas?  Lets see, Lakers won 5 championships in the last 10 years while the Celtics have one in the last 25 years, so I should be ashamed?  I'm proud of the fact Laker ownership has spent money to put a quality product on the floor year in and year out.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  The fact that Bryant is beyond his prime remains to be seen as we all have heard this same song the last couple of years.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Why do you guys respond to kobeismrnba - he has already been banned?  Did you know he once predicted the Celtics would go 0-3 on their West Coast swing?  Only problem is it was through HOU, DAL and Utah!!!  Just so you know who you're dealing with.  For that comment he should be embarassed.  Other than that, he is just a troll with nothing else to do.   He will be banned again shortly, wait and see!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The last refuge of Troll is to lash out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Brick had to go......no jump shot = cut!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : You wait and see Mr. All Conference in High School!  lol  Something tells me you never could play ball and probably tripped over your own shoe laces.  I've never been banned from this site and you don't have a prayer proving it.  Do all the IP checks you want and you will come up with nothing.  You and your thought process are silly.  BTW who is Bird's favorite player in the NBA now?  Hint, Hint he has the tenacity of a Black Mamba!  lol  Rhonda did get cut and Coach K made the proper decision to send him packing. 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]
      Not all-conference, all -league - little different!!

You HAVE been banned, just not under this name.
    HOU, DAL and UTAH are NOT on the West Coast, btw - and you have never denied saying that - because you can't

this is kobeismrnba - who has been banned for personal attacks and STALKING!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]Team USA could have used him yesterday.  The defense was horrid and slow after Brazil spread them out.  Coach K was clearly overmatched.  If not for Durant and Billips they would have been run out of the building.  It's not the first time he's looked awful coaching international teams. Rondo was the starting PG.  No one goes from starting to being cut.  He says it's a family issue.  More likely he had a disagreement with mgmt and went home. 
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]
    Hey croc, how's that call looking now?  You know "Coach K was clearly overmatched."  and "he's looked awful coaching international teams." ??  You obviously have a hard time recognising who knows how to coach the game of basketball.  My guess you had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that Coach K CUT Rhondo for the good of Team USA.  Looks like that personnel decision put Team USA in the Championship round which they just won!  Rhondo was clearly a liability with his terrible ft and 10' plus fg %.  I'll repeat Rhondo is a quitter and was shown the door.  Maybe he should take a lesson from Odom on being a team player. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Great post kobe.....coach K had no choice to get rid of brick and now the fruits of that decision are there for all to see. Glad Lamar showed his worth. I've been critical of him sometimes but he showed what a great team player he is and his tenacity was there throughout the worlds. Brick would be well served seeing what a real professional act/plays like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Billups, Rose and Westbrook were a combined 7-24 in the Gold Medal Game.  Just a little bit better than koME's 6-24 Game Seven fiasco!

Rondo was not needed with Durant, thus he LEFT the team.  Even Fisher would have been okay with Durant - but just barely!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

I wonder how brick is going to take the fact that not only was he going to get cut but the U.S team went on to win handsomely. What was also noticeable that just about all the foreign players hit their free throws thus making the opposition pay for their fouls. Brick would be well served getting lessons at his local braille school so he can see the mechanics of a good 'shot'.

Props to Durant, Lamar and the rest of the crew. Look forward to Durant becoming a Laker when his next contract expires!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's a poor showing that the USA won it's FIRST world championship since 1994. Still have trouble believing that stat. The US also only beat Brazil by 2 points. Brazil! You'd think Oscar was still playing for them.

Durant played awesome. Shame he's no longer playing out of Seattle, but that's a whole other discussion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : 1.  It's Rondo - kobeismrnba 2.  Headlines: Rondo withdraws from team USA must mean "cut" in lakersspeak - kobeismrnba 3.  Notice Gasol is not playing for Spain.  That make him a quitter, too? Moderators - kobedaman is kobeismrnba who has been banned for bad behavior and stalking. Please check his IP address - thank you!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Wrong!  Rhondo was cut from Team USA and he most likely was given the opportunity to BAIL prior to being CUT.  Coach K knows talent and Rhondo talent level was NOT UP TO TEAM USA STANDARDS.  Rhondo did what he does best and BAILED on Team USA and will most likely do it again.  That's what quitters do when the going gets tough.  Gasol did not play for Spain because he is resting for 3PEATRUN.  Lakers are getting geared up to take Celtics to the Shed if it comes down to that in Finals.  Boston Celtics are the oldest team in the NBA and it will show up big time going into playoff run.  Last I heard Sheed is still on roster and hasn't retired yet. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]It's a poor showing that the USA won it's FIRST world championship since 1994. Still have trouble believing that stat.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

How bout your celts? Won their first title in 08 since 1986.....if team USA is a poor showing then the celts record must be abysmal. Interesting that mirror huh. Such is life!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Wrong!  Rhondo was cut from Team USA and he most likely was given the opportunity to BAIL prior to being CUT.  Coach K knows talent and Rhondo talent level was NOT UP TO TEAM USA STANDARDS.  Rhondo did what he does best and BAILED on Team USA and will most likely do it again.  That's what quitters do when the going gets tough.  Gasol did not play for Spain because he is resting for 3PEATRUN.  Lakers are getting geared up to take Celtics to the Shed if it comes down to that in Finals.  Boston Celtics are the oldest team in the NBA and it will show up big time going into playoff run.  Last I heard Sheed is still on roster and hasn't retired yet. 

Dear kobeismrnba -
    Sheed is officially retired - look it up
    As for the rest of your garbage - here is something I posted earlier:

The facts are these:  I compared the lakers and Celtics ages.  For us, I took the age they will be during the season, and for them the age they are NOW.  For us, I counted all 15 players under contract, and for them I included second round picks Ebanks (age 21) and Caracter (age 22), who are technically not on the team  yet.
    Here are the results:

Boston Celtics - 15  players, 419 years - 27.93 average age
    LAL - 14 players, 404 years - 28.86 average age

Starting 5 (Perk is the Center) - BOS  30.4 years
    LAL - 30.4 years

Top 8 - (take out Perk, add JON, Shaq, BBD and Nate) - 30.75
    LAL - add Odom, Blake and Barnes  - 30.375.

Can you lakers trolls please come up with something else now, clearly this holds no water!

Such is life - enjoy!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Dear kobeismrnba - Sheed is officially retired - look it up As for the rest of your garbage - here is something I posted earlier: The facts are these:  I compared the lakers and Celtics ages.  For us, I took the age they will be during the season, and for them the age they are NOW.  For us, I counted all 15 players under contract, and for them I included second round picks Ebanks (age 21) and Caracter (age 22), who are technically not on the team  yet. Here are the results: Boston Celtics - 15  players, 419 years - 27.93 average age LAL - 14 players, 404 years - 28.86 average age Starting 5 (Perk is the Center) - BOS  30.4 years LAL - 30.4 years Top 8 - (take out Perk, add JON, Shaq, BBD and Nate) - 30.75 LAL - add Odom, Blake and Barnes  - 30.375. Can you lakers trolls please come up with something else now, clearly this holds no water! Such is life - enjoy!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    Well, how does any of this have anything to do with poor Rhondo being cut from Team USA Championship FIBA Run?  Or the fact that Odom was a big part of that Team USA Championship Run!!  Seriously you are on tilt and fail to come up with any answers that didn't deserve to be on this team and was CUT by Coach K who btw can coach in International competition and proved it yet again. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Well, how does any of this have anything to do with poor Rhondo being cut from Team USA Championship FIBA Run?  Or the fact that Odom was a big part of that Team USA Championship Run!!  Seriously you are on tilt and fail to come up with any answers that didn't deserve to be on this team and was CUT by Coach K who btw can coach in International competition and proved it yet again. 

Gotta love a guy who can't admit when he's wrong.

YOU wrote:
    Boston Celtics are the oldest team in the NBA and it will show up big time going into playoff run.  Last I heard Sheed is still on roster and hasn't retired yet

I responded to THAT by saying lakers are older and PROVING it!!  What do your comments about Sheed have to do with Rondo LEAVING the team?

Can't wait for your "spin " on this!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Gotta love a guy who can't admit when he's wrong. YOU wrote: Boston Celtics are the oldest team in the NBA and it will show up big time going into playoff run.  Last I heard Sheed is still on roster and hasn't retired yet I responded to THAT by saying lakers are older and PROVING it!!  What do your comments about Sheed have to do with Rondo LEAVING the team? Can't wait for your "spin " on this!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Are rosters finalized yet in the NBA? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Are rosters finalized yet in the NBA? 

What, are you having a hard time Googling that topic?  Google this, Team USA wins FIBA Championship WITHOUT RHONDO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Are rosters finalized yet in the NBA? 

Nice try!!!
    Props for trying!!

Sheed filed his papers with the league.
    The Celtics have 14 players under contract.  They also have West, who is almost guaranteed to make it.  That, kobeismrnba, would be 15.  Can't have more than 15 - so unless Sheed "un-retires" and plays for a different team, he is  done!

Good try, though!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : What, are you having a hard time Googling that topic?  Google this, Team USA wins FIBA Championship WITHOUT RHONDO!

Nice!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Rondo not part of Team USA will benefit the Celtics. While Lamar Odom playing in the FIBA tournament will take its toll when the Lakers reach the half way point of the upcoming season. It happened to Gasol last year, missed a lot of games because of nagging injuries due to playing too much basketball in the summer. Oh I forgot, the Lakers have Theo Ratliff. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

What happens to this thread when kobeismrnba gets found out and BANNED again?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

What happens when teams play off brick and force him to shoot?

Answer- Cut. Oops he's no stranger to that lmao!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

We'll smile and wait for their return?

Sections
Shortcuts