Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA

Celtics Rule! WHOOOO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo wasnt cut but I believe there was a good chance he would have been. Coach K just about said so in his press conference.

That said, it's not a reflection of how good/bad Rondo is compared to the others on the USA team.I watched Rondo against France and he could have conducted a layup drill all game long if he wanted to. Nobody can stay with Rondo off the dribble.

POint is, coaches are building a team they think makes the most sense for them to win. Apparently long range shooters are most important and that virtually eliminates Rondo. Someone earlier posted that Rose isnt a better shooter than Rondo.. I really dont understand how you came up with that one.

Frankly, the only reason I watched some of the games and highlights was cause Rondo was on the team. The USA team is basically a second unit team, as far as the best the NBA can offer.  I think theres a good chance they lose in the world championships.

Where are lebron, Wade, Bosh, Kobe, Anthony etc?? Lamar Odom playing center?  Most of the team is younger than Rondo... nothing like giving more and more confidence to the rest of the world that they can beat the USA. Heck, the usually do these days... look at the past 10 years of Olympics and World Championships

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA:
    [QUOTE]Rondo wasnt cut but I believe there was a good chance he would have been. Coach K just about said so in his press conference. That said, it's not a reflection of how good/bad Rondo is compared to the others on the USA team.I watched Rondo against France and he could have conducted a layup drill all game long if he wanted to. Nobody can stay with Rondo off the dribble. POint is, coaches are building a team they think makes the most sense for them to win. Apparently long range shooters are most important and that virtually eliminates Rondo. Someone earlier posted that Rose isnt a better shooter than Rondo.. I really dont understand how you came up with that one. Frankly, the only reason I watched some of the games and highlights was cause Rondo was on the team. The USA team is basically a second unit team, as far as the best the NBA can offer.  I think theres a good chance they lose in the world championships. Where are lebron, Wade, Bosh, Kobe, Anthony etc?? Lamar Odom playing center?  Most of the team is younger than Rondo... nothing like giving more and more confidence to the rest of the world that they can beat the USA. Heck, the usually do these days... look at the past 10 years of Olympics and World Championships
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Yes Karl it is a reflection of how bad Rhondo is.  That's why Coach K went with Westbrook.  Westbrook can get down and d up players like Rubio, who Team USA will likely face in later rounds.  Rhondo no jumper, brick free throw shooting and turns the ball over to many times.  Coach K did the right thing and sent Rhondo packing.  Rhondo was Cut and Team USA just allowed him to save face without the embarrassment.  Rhondo is a second tier point guard and all the Boston Celtic apologist can't argue otherwise because the TRUTH is finally on the table.  Rhondo Exposed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

If Coach K picked anyone over Rondo, it certainly was not for defense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I hope the Laker trolls will remember this thread when Rondo cuts the throat of the Lakers in the 2011 Finals. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the Laker trolls will remember this thread when Rondo cuts the throat of the Lakers in the 2011 Finals. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Muahahahaha if brick could hit a barn door fromm 3 feet I'd be worried. However, he can't so guess what, 3-peat lmao!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I'm a big Rondo fan, but he bowed out before he was cut.  He made a statement a few days before saying he thinks he was on the bubble and had a chance to be cut.  And coach K said something about not having non shooters on the floor.  Hopefully this will motivate Rondo to work on his shooting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the Laker trolls will remember this thread when Rondo cuts the throat of the Lakers in the 2011 Finals. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

If Rondo cuts the Lakers throats in 2011 or beyond, it just might be because he was cut by the Team USA, forcing him to grow a pair and round out his game... finally.

If that's your point, your point is well made.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

All players need setbacks in their careers to come back better players. Not only skill wise, but more importantly mental growth and hopefully mental toughness.

I happened for Magic after the '84 finals. Hopefully for Rondo's sake it'll happen for him. 

Have Rondo work on his shot the way Larry Bird worked on his, take jumpers and three throws by the hundreds. And then go back and do it again every day. It's his job and livelihood and in some regards shouldn't need to be told these things. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]All players need setbacks in their careers to come back better players. Not only skill wise, but more importantly mental growth and hopefully mental toughness. I happened for Magic after the '84 finals. Hopefully for Rondo's sake it'll happen for him.  Have Rondo work on his shot the way Larry Bird worked on his, take jumpers and three throws by the hundreds. And then go back and do it again every day. It's his job and livelihood and in some regards shouldn't need to be told these things. 
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

What!!  Are you out of your mind?  You call yourself a Laker Fan?  Hoping for the enemy to get better?  I have serious doubts that you are a real Laker Fan. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]All players need setbacks in their careers to come back better players. Not only skill wise, but more importantly mental growth and hopefully mental toughness. I happened for Magic after the '84 finals. Hopefully for Rondo's sake it'll happen for him.  Have Rondo work on his shot the way Larry Bird worked on his, take jumpers and three throws by the hundreds. And then go back and do it again every day. It's his job and livelihood and in some regards shouldn't need to be told these things. 
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Good post!
    I highly question the word of anyone who calls themselves a laker fan.  Isn't it lakerS fan?  I mean they are the lakerS, aren't they?  I highly doubt someone is a fan who doesn't even know his/her team's own name, don 't you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : What!!  Are you out of your mind?  You call yourself a Laker Fan?  Hoping for the enemy to get better?  I have serious doubts that you are a real Laker Fan. 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

RUReal is not a Laker fan. Ignore is a great option for him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

RUWorthy is a great lakerS fan!  Ignore anyone who can't recognize the correct spelling!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : So is it Laker Girls or Lakers Girls?? Guess you fail!!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

No one cares about them except your owner.

And, by the way, Steve Alford made the 1984 US Olympic Team and Charles Barkley was cut.  Guess Barkley was terrible, right?

in 1988, Williams (first name escapes me, from G-Town) made the Olympic Team while Sherman Douglas was cut.  Who was the better point guard in the NBA?
    These teams signify nothing - and he withdrew anyway!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Good post! I highly question the word of anyone who calls themselves a laker fan.  Isn't it lakerS fan?  I mean they are the lakerS, aren't they?  I highly doubt someone is a fan who doesn't even know his/her team's own name, don 't you?
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Hahahahah!

You.....question someones word? As a proven profligate liar, you don't have enough credibility to be questioning anyone's word.  

A guy who makes spelling and typing errors > Spelling Nazi who is always lying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Getting peeved about being called a male :P

I'm sure if Rondo became a Laker the Lakers 'fans' here would be going crazy at the prospect of having him at the club.

Rondo is one of the best point guards in the NBA. The most uniquely skilled and it's great watching him develops each season as a player.

I quote Magic Johnson: "Rajon Rondo is the best all around point guard in the NBA. Deron Williams is the best point guard, but Rondo is the best all around.

I like Rondo, he's a good player and I don't see the reason to 'hate' a player because he plays for the 'enemy'. I don't consider the Celtics to the enemy. 
    Heck, it's basketball there are no enemies. There have been several Celtics that I have loathed and one that I've detested. But hate is too strong a word. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Brick is good in the open court. However, his half court offense is average and his mid-3pt shot is abyssmal. Put him on the free throw line and he's a younger version of snaq....woeful. He can kid himself into thinking he's got it sorted but his basic mechanics are wrong hence the CLANK.

Go brick, keep up the good work buddy cause Kobe owns ya boi!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Brick is good in the open court. However, his half court offense is average and his mid-3pt shot is abyssmal. Put him on the free throw line and he's a younger version of snaq....woeful. He can kid himself into thinking he's got it sorted but his basic mechanics are wrong hence the CLANK. Go brick, keep up the good work buddy cause Kobe owns ya boi!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

Guess Magic doesn't know what he's talking about!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't know if he acknowledges the opinions of Magic. Not only calling him the best all around point guard in the NBA. But in this video the best player on the Celtics team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Guess Magic doesn't know what he's talking about!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Well, since you think Magic word is gold you are conceeding that the Lakers are going to win a third championship in a row.  It's to bad you are claiming to be a Boston Celtic fan and already throwing in the towel before the season starts.  Obviously I agree with Magic that we win it again this year.  Lakers best team on paper right now and they will be backing it up once the season starts. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Well, since you think Magic word is gold you are conceeding that the Lakers are going to win a third championship in a row.  It's to bad you are claiming to be a Boston Celtic fan and already throwing in the towel before the season starts.  Obviously I agree with Magic that we win it again this year.  Lakers best team on paper right now and they will be backing it up once the season starts. 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Spell check is a great thing, even for 15 yr olds like yourself!

Magic picked the lakers in FIVE in 2008!
    I CONCEDE nothing.... as usual, you are spinning the facts.  That's TOO bad.
    He can say both - he likes Rondo's game and he likes the lakers (I can only imagine the reaction out here if he did not pick them every year!!).
    And, any Celtics fan knows the lakers ARE favored to win this year, they should be.....................................but they won't!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Spell check is a great thing, even for 15 yr olds like yourself! Magic picked the lakers in FIVE in 2008! I CONCEDE nothing.... as usual, you are spinning the facts.  That's TOO bad. He can say both - he likes Rondo's game and he likes the lakers (I can only imagine the reaction out here if he did not pick them every year!!). And, any Celtics fan knows the lakers ARE favored to win this year, they should be.....................................but they won't!

Who knows how Magic REALLY feels about Rondo's game? He is paid a ton of money to engage in TV "happy talk" to hype playoff viewer ratings.

Magic knows who signs his check.

How he really feelsabout a PG who can't shoot and who just quit on TEAM USA might be a bit more difficult to discern.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

LOL...you mean just like Jordan getting cut in high shool...I know what you mean...dolt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Spell check is a great thing, even for 15 yr olds like yourself! Magic picked the lakers in FIVE in 2008! I CONCEDE nothing.... as usual, you are spinning the facts.  That's TOO bad. He can say both - he likes Rondo's game and he likes the lakers (I can only imagine the reaction out here if he did not pick them every year!!). And, any Celtics fan knows the lakers ARE favored to win this year, they should be.....................................but they won't!

Well, Magic picked the Lakers in 2009 and 2010.  Guess that makes Magic 2 for 3 in picking them.  Magic also picked them in 2000 -2004 which makes him 3 out of 4 in those Finals.  Combined them all together and 5 out of 7 which is very good percentage.  So that brings us back to the original question, Magic knows basketball and said Lakers are going to repeat.  Which you Agree With. 

Sections
Shortcuts