Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA:
    In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Well, Magic picked the Lakers in 2009 and 2010.  Guess that makes Magic 2 for 3 in picking them.  Magic also picked them in 2000 -2004 which makes him 3 out of 4 in those Finals.  Combined them all together and 5 out of 7 which is very good percentage.  So that brings us back to the original question, Magic knows basketball and said Lakers are going to repeat.  Which you Agree With. 
    Posted by kobedaman

Reading comprehension is clearly a problem.  Re-read very carefully what I said.  Magic picks them to win EVERY year, that is not a surprise, he is MR. lakers after all.  They are the favorites to win this year..........but they won't. 
    Teams and players are separate, or did you not know that.  He can like Rondo AND pick the lakers to repeat.......which they won't.
    I don't agree with everything the guy says, and actually, I don't listen to a lot of what those blowhards say anyway.  The only ones who make any sense are Van Gundy and Hubie Brown, former coaches (with more than one team each) in the league.  They are unbiased, Magic isn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Reading comprehension is clearly a problem.  Re-read very carefully what I said.  Magic picks them to win EVERY year, that is not a surprise, he is MR. lakers after all.  They are the favorites to win this year..........but they won't.  Teams and players are separate, or did you not know that.  He can like Rondo AND pick the lakers to repeat.......which they won't. I don't agree with everything the guy says, and actually, I don't listen to a lot of what those blowhards say anyway.  The only ones who make any sense are Van Gundy and Hubie Brown, former coaches (with more than one team each) in the league.  They are unbiased, Magic isn't.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

"Magic picked the lakers in FIVE in 2008!"

This quote means Finals!  Hello!
    Does not mean every year because as we all know that no team makes it every year. 
    Coach K cut Rhondo because Westbrook and Rose bring a lot more to the table than Rhondo's one dimensional game.  Rhondo's a quitter and he bailed on Team USA once he realized he was being cut from team.  Rhondo is a decent player just not a top tier point guard that everyone on this board made him out to be. 
    Let me clue you in on a little secret.  D Fish and Blake are not stiffs.  They are pieces to a winning formula. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

2000-2004, 2008 - 2010

That's 7 out of 10 years........................show me when he picked them to LOSE, and we can have a discussion.  Fish and Blake are not stiffs, just not nearly as good as Rondo, as he proved in the Finals this year.  Had to have koME cover him because Fish can't.  Blake will be no better.

Again, show a link where Coach K CUT Rondo.  In one sentence you say Coach K "cut" Rondo, and in the next you say "he bailed on the team once he realized he was being cut."  Typical lakers double-speak.  You guys will say anything to win an argument:
    Howard, koME, Gasol, MeBron MeWade ALL bailed on their countries long before Rondo LEFT the team to attend to family matters (death of a close uncle).  If this were the Olympics, it would be a big deal, as it is - people will only care if they lose!  This whole thread is useless.  30 teams in the league, even if he's in the top 10, that's still good.   Top tier would be, what, top 1/3?  He is definitely in the to p 10.  End of story!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

. And, any Celtics fan knows the lakers ARE favored to win this year, they should be.....................................but they won't!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You said the same thing last season......how'd that work out for ya?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : You said the same thing last season......how'd that work out for ya?!
    Posted by KB24RULZ

How would you know that, since it says your first post was on 8/23?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : How would you know that, since it says your first post was on 8/23?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Sad, can't answer the question but a change of tact. Fail!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : How would you know that, since it says your first post was on 8/23?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Never mind, I'll answer it myself.  Becuase you were BANNED, and came back under a different user name!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : Who knows how Magic REALLY feels about Rondo's game? He is paid a ton of money to engage in TV "happy talk" to hype playoff viewer ratings. Magic knows who signs his check. How he really feels about a PG who can't shoot and who just quit on TEAM USA might be a bit more difficult to discern. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

puddinpuddin,
    on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. what is your point w/ this incessant rondo bashing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Of course I said that.  Who am I Nostradamus?  I always pick my team to win.  I picked the Sox over the Angels last year - wrong on that one, too.  Just like you were wrong in 2008, but would never admit it, I was wrong in 2009 and 2010.  See?  That was easy!

So here we go again - you will not win this year!

August 29, 2010

IF you're still around next June, feel free to use this quote!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Lakers will not even be the #1 team in the West this year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

2000-2004, 2008 - 2010 That's 7 out of 10 years........................show me when he picked them to LOSE, and we can have a discussion.  Fish and Blake are not stiffs, just not nearly as good as Rondo, as he proved in the Finals this year.  Had to have koME cover him because Fish can't.  Blake will be no better. Again, show a link where Coach K CUT Rondo.  In one sentence you say Coach K "cut" Rondo, and in the next you say "he bailed on the team once he realized he was being cut."  Typical lakers double-speak.  You guys will say anything to win an argument: Howard, koME, Gasol, MeBron MeWade ALL bailed on their countries long before Rondo LEFT the team to attend to family matters (death of a close uncle).  If this were the Olympics, it would be a big deal, as it is - people will only care if they lose!  This whole thread is useless.  30 teams in the league, even if he's in the top 10, that's still good.   Top tier would be, what, top 1/3?  He is definitely in the to p 10.  End of story!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

No, Not End of Story.  Rhondo is not in the top 10, because if he were he would be playing for Team USA.  Coach K did the right thing and Cut Rhondo because of his poor perimeter shooting and lousy free throw accuracy.  Today's game against Brazil was a prime example of Why Rhondo was Cut.  Closing seconds of a game and Brazil player steps up to free throw line and proceeds to clank an all important free throw that may have tied the game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Poor Rhondo Cut From Team USA : No, Not End of Story.  Rhondo is not in the top 10, because if he were he would be playing for Team USA.  Coach K did the right thing and Cut Rhondo because of his poor perimeter shooting and lousy free throw accuracy.  Today's game against Brazil was a prime example of Why Rhondo was Cut.  Closing seconds of a game and Brazil player steps up to free throw line and proceeds to clank an all important free throw that may have tied the game. 
    Posted by kobedaman

That puts him STILL ahead of Fisher, Farmar, Brown, Blake, Mo Williams, Nelson, West..........  Really don't see your logic. IF he was in the Top 10 he would have made the team?  That makes no sense.. Rondo is a Top 10 PG in this league.  End of story!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Team USA could have used him yesterday.  The defense was horrid and slow after Brazil spread them out.  Coach K was clearly overmatched.  If not for Durant and Billips they would have been run out of the building.  It's not the first time he's looked awful coaching international teams.

Rondo was the starting PG.  No one goes from starting to being cut.  He says it's a family issue.  More likely he had a disagreement with mgmt and went home. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo was the starting PG.  No one goes from starting to being cut.  He says it's a family issue.  More likely he had a disagreement with mgmt and went home. 
    Posted by croc

Not true, croc. Actually Rondo and management found perfect agreement, not disagreement!

More than likely, management thought that Rondo should go home to take care of family matters and to get ready for the upcomming season.

How could anyone who saw him play disagree?

So Rondo  withdrew.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I did see them play.  There was good reason Rondo started for them.  Although I could see why he did not start the last game.  There were several other players who were easily not as effective as he.

I can see why Rondo would lose his starting position.  I saw no reason why he'd be cut over the likes of say Curry - unless he removed himself. He lost his starting job to Rose, justifiably so, and had a snitty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I did see them play.  There was good reason Rondo started for them.  Although I could see why he did not start the last game.  There were several other players who were easily not as effective as he. I can see why Rondo would lose his starting position.  I saw no reason why he'd be cut over the likes of say Curry - unless he removed himself. He lost his starting job to Rose, justifiably so, and had a snitty.
    Posted by croc

I suspect that he didn't like being outshined by certain non-all stars on the roster, who had never even had their "electrifying" pics on the SI cover... and he had a snitty indeed!

That and family concerns... of course. LOL!

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There are several of them who should not be on that team, many of them are because of the lack of size on the squad and no other reason.   Rondo was at worst the back up PG. 

I don't condone his snitty, and more than I condone posters who pretend to be fans of a team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Appologist for what?  You won't find me in any 'the refs screwed us' thread.  Rondo was clearly not even close to being the worst member of that team.   Rose played and fit better, he's the starting PG no question.

BTW I hope you enjoyed Bryant's mileage because there will be a lot more nights like he had in the Finals.  He's not quite in the rocking chair with, RA Garnett and PP - 30 minute a night guys - but he's not far off. 

Yes Team USA being throughly outplayed by an inferior squad in the first half is proof Coach K is brilliant as is his past resume.

You sir are a troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There are several of them who should not be on that team, many of them are because of the lack of size on the squad and no other reason.   Rondo was at worst the back up PG.  I don't condone his snitty, and more than I condone posters who pretend to be fans of a team.
    Posted by croc

Well forgive me for "pretending" to be a Celtic fan but I got in the habit of doing so since Russ joined the team way back when and showed me what winning and leadership were all about.

I certainly don't pretend to be a Rondo fan because I am not. This kid has a whole lot of growing up to do.

I didn't respect his reason for joining the Team USA (branding issues, ego over Celtic team needs) and I certainly didn't respect his reasons for quitting the team either.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with competing and being cut... unless one's ego can't handle it.

Sound like Rondo?

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

You are no C's fan either, we all know that.  I'll give you credit for raising many good points though.

I think it's BS Rondo quit the team with his snitty.  We all know Doc babies his ego way more than he should.  There is NO way he was Team USA's choice to cut.  I saw way too much of them to know that.  It stinks Stoudemire couldn't play and Lee withdrew, add them with Rondo and they'd be a lot stronger squad. I assume Coach K is there because Mike Brown wasn't available.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Appologist for what?  You won't find me in any 'the refs screwed us' thread.  Rondo was clearly not even close to being the worst member of that team.   Rose played and fit better, he's the starting PG no question. BTW I hope you enjoyed Bryant's mileage because there will be a lot more nights like he had in the Finals.  He's not quite in the rocking chair with, RA Garnett and PP - 30 minute a night guys - but he's not far off.  Yes Team USA being throughly outplayed by an inferior squad in the first half is proof Coach K is brilliant as is his past resume. You sir are a troll.
    Posted by croc

It was a forgone conclusion that Rhondo was going to be cut because the player himself admitted that.  And Westbrook, Rhondo is better than him?  Got to love how you chose one game out of seven in the Finals to articulate that Bryant is done.  I don't recall what Bryant averages were for the Finals this year, but I'll speculate that he was above average.  How many guys in the league can continuously put up numbers he does being covered by two or even three players sometimes?  Lakers have already made the transition to a team that Bryant does not need him to score all the time.  So more likely his numbers will go down.  You can choose not to like Coach K because he was going to cut Rhondo which is your choice.  The guy can coach and they'll just have to adjust to the zone play of teams going forward.  If Team USA does win it all and I'm not saying they will, can Coach K get it done then?  Because I have a different point of view now I'm a troll?  lol 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It was a forgone conclusion that Rhondo was going to be cut

Like heck it was, the Press covering the team was surprised when he didn't play vs Spain.  Try your revisionist crap elsewhere.

I didn't like Coach K before, not in his many failed international tries, or when he finally struck gold with "The Redeem Team".   He should stick to Duke where he has a place.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

feminizing the spelling of rondo's name on a celtic board denotes more than merely a different point of view.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

You are no C's fan either, we all know that.  I'll give you credit for raising many good points though. I think it's BS  Rondo quit the team with his snitty.  We all know Doc babies his ego way more than he should.  There is NO way he was Team USA's choice to cut.  I saw way too much of them to know that.  It stinks Stoudemire couldn't play and Lee withdrew, add them with Rondo and they'd be a lot stronger squad. I assume Coach K is there because Mike Brown wasn't available.
    Posted by croc

Croc.... you don't have a clue as to whom you are talking to... except that you are saying things that you can't begin to back up.

My loyalty is to the franchise that I greatly admire, not to Rondo.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts