Popovich sat Tim Duncan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Popovich sat Tim Duncan

Close-out game, 77-75, 4:28 to go, Tim Duncan throws the ball out of bounds, turnover!

Guess what? Gregg Popovich puts him on the bench for good!

Can you imagine that in Boston? LA? Miami? NY?

The team has to be more important than any player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Popovich sat Tim Duncan

I noticed that too.... thats because Pops is a real NBA coach.. holds players accountable, adjusts to what the team needs at the moment and doesnt stick to a script no matter what..

Us Celtic fans should be envious

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I noticed that too.... thats because Pops is a real NBA coach.. holds players accountable, adjusts to what the team needs at the moment and doesnt stick to a script no matter what..

I know that you're not content with Doc and i'm not a Doc critic (at least not so relentless) but i can't deny the fact that he doesn't seem to hold the players accountable. I mean Pierce commits TO after TO, looks tired and Doc still keeps him on the floor! It's not like we don't have another SF on the roster (ahem... Green). Maybe it's easier said than done but Rivers must learn something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

I know that you're not content with Doc and i'm not a Doc critic (at least not so relentless) but i can't deny the fact that he doesn't seem to hold the players accountable. I mean Pierce commits TO after TO, looks tired and Doc still keeps him on the floor! It's not like we don't have another SF on the roster (ahem... Green). Maybe it's easier said than done but Rivers must learn something.

Seriously, I been a Celtic fan since the 60's... seen all the great Celtic teams.. I listened to WBZ and Johnny Most as a kid in NJ when I could barely get a signal on my dads radio... I want nothing more than see the Celtics be champs..

but I sincerely believe Doc is a weak coach.... no reason to trash him if I thought he was the man for the job.. but hes terrible imo... Thats why Im so adamant in my posts about him and Rondo...

I want the Celtics to win and I believe Doc has kept the team from being better than they are

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the definition of insanity is seeing the same situation (doc not coaching) repeated over and over again and thinking that if you can just have one more iteration of it that things will be different.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

the definition of insanity is seeing the same situation (doc not coaching) repeated over and over again and thinking that if you can just have one more iteration of it that things will be different.

Maybe you're right! But it's 99,9% that he will be the Celtics coach for the next few years.

So the only hope is he'll learn something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Pop is a great coach, but were was he, when the Spurs totally choked away game 4! He was totally outcoached in that game and overplayed his team in that game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Pop is a great coach, but were was he, when the Spurs totally choked away game 4! He was totally outcoached in that game and overplayed his team in that game!

and where was DOc while Pop was allegedly being outcoached in game 4 but winning the series??? Right... sitting home or out golfing and watching the NBA playoffs on his TV

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

and where was DOc while Pop was allegedly being outcoached in game 4 but winning the series??? Right... sitting home or out golfing and watching the NBA playoffs on his TV

According to this logic, Doc was the best coach in 2008 and the second best coach in 2010! Is that your point?

My point is: You focus in every failure by doc (aor what you consider a failure) and higlight every hit by Pop (and Thibs). But what about the misses by Pop and Thibs? You don't see them or you don't wanna see them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

According to this logic, Doc was the best coach in 2008 and the second best coach in 2010! Is that your point?

My point is: You focus in every failure by doc (aor what you consider a failure) and higlight every hit by Pop (and Thibs). But what about the misses by Pop and Thibs? You don't see them or you don't wanna see them?

Look you are arguing with somebody that was on Doc's case even when he won the championship.  How can you reason with that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pop's the best in the league. Celtic fans whining that our coach isn't as good as one of the greatest to ever coach is pathetic. Our coach is plenty good, and a main reason for the success we had. KG/Paul love playing for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Close-out game, 77-75, 4:28 to go, Tim Duncan throws the ball out of bounds, turnover!

Guess what? Gregg Popovich puts him on the bench for good!

Can you imagine that in Boston? LA? Miami? NY?

The team has to be more important than any player.

Pop lucked out with Duncan.  Imagine if he had to coach that drama queen Kobe...it would have been a hissy fit to behold, probably beyond Rondo's hissy fits when Doc tries to sit him.