Pops cost San Antonio tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Pops cost San Antonio tonight

Wow, shocked by Pops. You just don't sit Duncan with under 30 secs. It proved costly. That and Ginobili(Lenard) each missing 1 out of 2 foul shots too. But sitting Duncan. Both possesions the Heat got the rebound and the big buckets. Sorry, Pops just outcoached himself from the title tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Pops cost San Antonio tonight

1. Popovich's mistake

2. That foul on Ginobili's penetration -fouled by Ray Allen-, the refs didn't even BOTHER to review the play!!! They reviewed so many other plays but that one... WHY??? WHY WASN'T THAT ONE REVIEWED AS WELL?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:

1. Popovich's mistake

2. That foul on Ginobili's penetration -fouled by Ray Allen-, the refs didn't even BOTHER to review the play!!! They reviewed so many other plays but that one... WHY??? WHY WASN'T THAT ONE REVIEWED AS WELL?

That was a foul. Just a crazy ending. Ginobili hits his other free throw in the end, no OT. Poorly ended game by SA. You have to secure the loose rebounds and if not, give up the 2 pointer, but don't be given open 3 pointers to tie the game. Not a good loss. But you are right, Ginobili should have gone to the line for the win......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

1. Popovich's mistake

You don't review fouls. And even then, ray ray has his hand on the ball for the vast majority of that drive. That fact makes it tough to call a foul

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It also makes it tough when yoeuvre been letting fouls go both ways all quarter.  There was no way this game would be won on a ft either way.

i think the game was fairly called.  I expect sa to win game 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No that no call on such an obvious foul both commentaters said he was fouled lost the game. I don't know if I'll even watch game seven. Great game ruined by such a game fixing call. I know it should have never went into OT but that just ruined any result going forward. Miami played great to come back and have the game come down to 1 shot and it was totally ruined by such a blatant game enhancing call. Went from being one of the greatest finals games ever to just another David stern fixer upper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Wow, shocked by Pops. You just don't sit Duncan with under 30 secs. It proved costly. That and Ginobili(Lenard) each missing 1 out of 2 foul shots too. But sitting Duncan. Both possesions the Heat got the rebound and the big buckets. Sorry, Pops just outcoached himself from the title tonight.

Fix?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem2011. Show guesmem2011's posts

All of the above that pinpoint "Pop" as the culprit.  I wonder which member of the media he'll try to embarass for even questioning his moves.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It also makes it tough when yoeuvre been letting fouls go both ways all quarter.  There was no way this game would be won on a ft either way.

i think the game was fairly called.  I expect sa to win game 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to guesmem2011's comment:

All of the above that pinpoint "Pop" as the culprit.  I wonder which member of the media he'll try to embarass for even questioning his moves.....

He can question the media all he wants, he cost the Spurs the Title tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

I think Parker tried to do to much at the end . cost them the game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

When I saw Duncan going out in the last minute, I could not believe it.

Pop blew it.

It was like he was possessed by the spirit of Doc "going small" Rivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I too couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was yelling at Pop (through the tele) " What the heck are you doing?! Didn't you watch game 1 of the ECF?!" To be one rebound, ONE, from winning the NBA finals and not have your best rebounder in the game. Throughout the entire series San Antonio has had a great deal of success in forcing Miami to shoot from the perimeter. I certainly expected them to miss their shots (which they did initially on two different plays). San Antonio's collapse in the last minute of both regulation and OT was shocking. Absolutely shocking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Pacers Frank Vogel pulling out Roy Hibbert in the dying minutes/seconds give Lebron the easy baskets for victory!

Spurs Greg Popovich pulling out Tim Duncan in the dying minutes/seconds allow Bosh to collar a rebound and make Ray 3's tie the game and ultimately cost them victory!

History repeat itself......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Taking out Duncan is what everyone is talking about and its a legit question. So is leaving in Splitter for the last shot...sure he can set a pick but with both Splitter and Duncan on the floor the Heat only had to guard 3 players..

That said, I believe the biggest blunder of the game was Pops sticking with Ginobili... the guy was a nightmare and totally careless with the ball. As Ive said before, Ginobili has always been one of my favorite players but his game tonight cost the Spurs a title as much as anyone else.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

I too couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was yelling at Pop (through the tele) " What the heck are you doing?! Didn't you watch game 1 of the ECF?!" To be one rebound, ONE, from winning the NBA finals and not have your best rebounder in the game. Throughout the entire series San Antonio has had a great deal of success in forcing Miami to shoot from the perimeter. I certainly expected them to miss their shots (which they did initially on two different plays). San Antonio's collapse in the last minute of both regulation and OT was shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Great post and I agree with you.  Bad decisions in the last few minutes of this game.  It was the Spurs game to win and they didn't.  I still believe they have a good chance of winning game 7 since Miami hasn't won two games in a row in this series. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Comcast decided to shut down our neighborhood at 8:55 pm????  Didn't see the game but from this thread I guess that no coach is perfect, which is true because perfection is an unobtainable absolute.  Does anyone believe Doc would sit KG at the end of that big of a game? 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

So now it's "Pops bashing".

Pops is an idiot for going small?

HAHAHA

Got off your soap box Fierce. It ain't bashing Pops. Just a fact that he blew their best chance at winning by sitting Duncan. The guy had like 15plus rebounds and you sit him. Crazy. You love to bring up bashing everytime. Enough already.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Here's something else I don't get.

Ten seconds left in OT and Miami leading by one, Bosh misses a jumper. Leonard  rebounds. Though he has a timeout remaining, Popovich keeps it in his pocket ... despite the fact that Tony Parker, for some crazy reason, is sitting beside him on the bench.

So the ball ends up in the hands of Manu Ginobili, who promptly commits his eighth turnover.

Popovich is a Hall of Famer, but even the best screw up.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Kirk would simply say, "Pop is an idiot for going small."

HAHAHA

I don't know man. I am not Kirk, but last night, it proved to be a fatal mistake, TWICE!

I bet Pop couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it. However, I still think San Antonio can win game 7, especially if the referees keep calling it fairly. My complaint so far about the referees was the foul on Ginobili, nothing else. Stern has kept it classy so far in these finals...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]

Kirk would simply say, "Pop is an idiot for going small."

HAHAHA

I don't know man. I am not Kirk, but last night, it proved to be a fatal mistake, TWICE!

I bet Pop couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it. However, I still think San Antonio can win game 7, especially if the referees keep calling it fairly. My complaint so far about the referees was the foul on Ginobili, nothing else. Stern has kept it classy so far in these finals...

[/QUOTE]

Ginobili took like 15 steps and the refs were clearly pro Spurs last night

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pops getting on my nerves with his press conferences. Being glib and a smart a** is ok sometimes but not all the time. He rarely answers legit questions straight forward and dodged the meat of the question of why he sat TD.

Also was surprised nobody asked why he kept Ginobili in the game so much when he appeared to be playing for the Heat. Spurs would have won by 10+ if Ginobili cracked a rib and sat out. Wheres D Wade when u need him

Sections
Shortcuts