Posey or Battier?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Posey or Battier?

Posey is over the hill.  Battier in a heartbeat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

*shouting like Jerry Springer's audience*

"PO-SEY! PO-SEY! PO-SEY! PO-SEY! PO-SEY!"

If James Posey is over the hill, Shane Battier must be "over the MOUNTAIN"...

Washed up veteran with Arthritis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

Battier vs Posey?

That's like comparing Bill Russell to Walter Dukes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

That "washed up veteran with arthritis" outplayed Posey in every aspect of the game last season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Posey or Battier?:
    [QUOTE]That "washed up veteran with arthritis" outplayed Posey in every aspect of the game last season. 
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

This coming from a guy who probably NEVER seen Battier play for the Rockets. The Rockets didn't get national airtime because they had NO superstar. You never read the Houston Chronicle comments after a game where 95% of the fans are bashing Battier for not being productive and always sitting on the sideline with injuries. You're on the outside looking in my friend.

But you always want to pull up stats for different players just to say one is better than the other one, fine.

I'm just so GLAD you're not running the Celtics, because of your "personal vendetta", we probably wouldn't have had Posey and won #17. He was clutch in that game in L.A., and was the main reason we stole that game.

But that's gratitude for ya. Some of these "FLIP FLOP" Celtic fans kill me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

Flip flop?  Posey was great three years ago.  Now he's 35 and played poorly for NO last year.

Battier is a better player, plain and simple.  If Pierce or Allen went down for a month, Battier could hold down the fort.  Posey couldn't.

If Battier is injured, that's a different story.  But I assume he's healthy now.

The problem is, your chances of getting Battier are slim to none, while NO would trade Posey for an expiring contract in a heartbeat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Wayne, I have nothing against Posey.  You're the one with a personal agenda here - Posey was your favorite player on the '08 team, and that irrational feeling has obviously clouded your judgment.

I loved what Posey brought to the '08 team.  But when it comes to the make up of the 2010-11 team, I want what's best for the Celtics, not what's best for any of my favorite players.  Nostalgia is nice, but it's a poor basis for making decisions if you want a winning team.  

Do you put Danny Ainge in the category of "FLIP FLOP" Celtics fans?  Is that what this is about?  You're still angry because Danny didn't match the ridiculous four year contract that New Orleans gave your favorite player (a contract that N.O. must now be regretting)?  My sympathies.

As for my using stats to say that one player is better than another, all I can say is that it's a lot better method than pure nostalgia for determining which player is better. 

The good news is that a few years of therapy is probably all you will need to overcome your nostalgic fixation.