POSITIVE CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

POSITIVE CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

i look for the celts to sweeeeep! this is a baddd matchup for the heat. the first two games esp game 2 will be extremely CLOSE! the heat will start anthony and chalmers with their big 3. i expect our bench to actually show up esp jeff green. miami will likely play haslem at some point but i expect shaq to counter that. shaq is actually still bigger in miami than say boston or cleveland. all his posters are still up and he does lots of local commercials there. mentally just showing up could do wonders for both teams for opposite reasons! bottom line we are the best closers in the last 10 seconds perhaps in history, heat are the WORSE in all of history!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Re: CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

I don't know about a sweep but I am confident the Celtics will get one of the first two games in Miami.

I think the match ups favor the Celtics here.

J. O'Neal vs. Joel Anthony: O'Neal
    KG vs. Bosh: KG
    Pierce vs LeBron: LeBron, though Pierce has a lot of experience defending him.
    Ray vs Wade: if anyone benefitted from the rest, it's Ray. He's going to make Wade defend him, which means he cannot help with Rondo. I don't think Chalmers can guard Ray. On the other end, I think Wade has the advantage over Ray. If Rondo switches then Ray can handle Bibby, but can Ray handle the speedier Chalmers?
    Rondo vs Bibby/Chalmers: Rondo (BIG advantage here for the Celtics)

Bench:
    Baby/Krstic and Z cancel each other out.
    Shaq is unguardable by anyone on their team.
    West cancels out Jones/Chalmers.
    Green should have an advantage over Haslem as he is not 100%. If Green goes off, the Heat have no answer to him on their bench.
    EHouse is a problem if he gets hot. We know what he can do offensively. Big defensive liability, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Sweep? you did not sweep miami last time we were in the playoffs and we had a terrible team.

It won't be easy for the heat but....

Heat in 7 because of home field advantage. Home field advantage counts for a lot.

GO HEAT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

I like you enthusiasm, Wade3, and the fact that your werent completely rude with your comments.

Please continue to give us insight into the views of a heat fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I really think we can handle Miami, but a sweep??? C'mon. They have 2 guys who can take it to the basket whenever they want. Unless the King's mom shows up wearing Celtic jersey #13, this will be a war.

We will soon see.

It's the Bulls who scare me more than any other team, including the Lakers. It's their youth. When they get going, they really make our guys look old. Bad matchups for us.

Now none of them are the players that Ray, KG, and Pierce, were at one time. None of them will ever be. But right now??? they are a tick quicker in all departments, especially to the ball, and that spells trouble.

Add a coach that knows us.... I just wish somebody could knock them off.  I think we'll get by Miami.     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

go heat!

heat in 6 me thinks but who knows

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]go heat! heat in 6 me thinks but who knows
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Not you:

miami is going to waste the 6ers on wednesday...big 3 will probably get to rest most of the game then its the series we all wanted
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Yep, good cred for you!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : Not you: miami is going to waste the 6ers on wednesday...big 3 will probably get to rest most of the game t hen its the series we all wanted Posted by Jimmy42Jack0 Yep, good cred for you!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    and good call by you on the celtics getting home court and sweeping miami this season...seriously...good call!

see...i too can post the same thing over and over and over and over again

chief

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yes, I did post that, and I stand corrected.  The Heat were the better team on that last game.  And if that is the team we see, it will be a long and great series.  I do think the Celtics will be better than they played in that game, and if Shaq plays, any Heat fan with half a brain would have to admit they would be a little bit apprehensive.

I WAS WRONG about sweeping the Heat and getting HCA!!  I wanted it but it didn't happen.

Your turn..........MAN UP!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]i look for the celts to sweeeeep! this is a baddd matchup for the heat. the first two games esp game 2 will be extremely CLOSE! the heat will start anthony and chalmers with their big 3. i expect our bench to actually show uo esp jeff green. miami wil likely play haslem at some point but i expect shaq to counter that. shaq is actually still bigger in miami than say boston or cleveland. all his posters are still up and he does lots of local commercials there. mentaly just showing could do wonders for both teams for opposite reasons! bottom line we are the best closers in the last 10 seconds perhaps in history, heat are the WORSE in all of history!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

This is pure hubris. The Celtics can win this series but so can the Heat. These are two legitimate championship caliber teams. Absolute best case scenario is Celtics in 6 games and it's more than likely we'll see 7 games which could go either way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Don't be too quick to knock the Commie. CC was right on about the Grizz giving problems to the Spurs. But I agree that a sweep is unlikely. Celts in 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I am concerned about Boston's chances. I want Boston to win #18 as much as anybody. As big a Celtics fan that I am, I understand that NY was the perfect opponent for Boston. They were a small team without much depth and without a true center. In addition to this, two of their stars were injured. People can say that Boston got lucky to win games 1 & 2. Boston had trouble rebounding (why don't the C's put a body on anybody?) and the C's bench was atrocious. I really hope that Doc realizes that he needs Wafer and Sasha just as I wish that Shaq returns. If Boston's bench doesn't become more productive I fear that Boston won't make it past Miami. 

As an aside, I can't help but think of the 1974-1975 playoffs in the NFL. In the Divisional playoffs the Oakland Raiders defeated the twice reigning world champs, the Miami Dolphins. Many people had the Raiders pegged as the next NFL champs only to run into a Steel Curtain a week later in the Conference Championship (for you younguns, Pittsburgh beat Oakland then went on to win the Superbowl against Minnesota). I guess what I am saying is that Boston had better be prepared to face Chicago and the best way to do that is to prepare for them through Miami. Personally, I feel that Doc needs to get Wafer and Sasha more pt as well as adding some size to the front court. What ever happened to Murphy? Wasn't obtaining Murphy the reason why Ainge gave away a fairly productive Semih Erden?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie - (congrats on your Grizzlies call by the way, one of your most accurate predictions)

Would you hold to the sweep prediction if Shaq doesn't play much or at all? Because I don't think he's going to and it would be great if you could stop telling us when Shaq is coming back as you've been saying that for weeks now. 

At any rate, I don't think we need Shaq to beat the Heat the way JO is playing. However, we're not sweeping them. They are going to beat us soundly once or twice, especially the way our bench is playing. 

However, I like the Celts experience and late game execution advantage to hold out. Celts in Six. 

"i expect our bench to actually show uo esp jeff green."

Finally, curious what makes you think Jeff Green will suddenly grow a pair? I see him as making a decent but modest contribution. I care more about Delonte and Baby upping their games, that's all we need IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

A shout out to everybody in this thread and board....Celtics or phins fan...

I as a heat fan I admit that if shac plays in this series it will be very hard for the heat to win...If he plays well that is...He is capable of that at his age.

This is what i think come up to bite the heat in the rear end...That center match up..

I say it here and i say it in the heat boards..

1. Big Z is as soft as cotton.

2.Joel Anthony is great at getting those offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds overall he husstles like crazy but cant score and will get eaten alive by shac.

3. we might have a chance with dampier...But he is nursing injuries....But so is shac.

We'll see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I am concerned about Boston's chances. I want Boston to win #18 as much as anybody. As big a Celtics fan that I am, I understand that NY was the perfect opponent for Boston. They were a small team without much depth and without a true center. In addition to this, two of their stars were injured. People can say that Boston got lucky to win games 1 & 2. Boston had trouble rebounding (why don't the C's put a body on anybody?) and the C's bench was atrocious. I really hope that Doc realizes that he needs Wafer and Sasha just as I wish that Shaq returns. If Boston's bench doesn't become more productive I fear that Boston won't make it past Miami.  As an aside, I can't help but think of the 1974-1975 playoffs in the NFL. In the Divisional playoffs the Oakland Raiders defeated the twice reigning world champs, the Miami Dolphins. Many people had the Raiders pegged as the next NFL champs only to run into a Steel Curtain a week later in the Conference Championship (for you younguns, Pittsburgh beat Oakland then went on to win the Superbowl against Minnesota). I guess what I am saying is that Boston had better be prepared to face Chicago and the best way to do that is to prepare for them through Miami. Personally, I feel that Doc needs to get Wafer and Sasha more pt as well as adding some size to the front court. What ever happened to Murphy? Wasn't obtaining Murphy the reason why Ainge gave away a fairly productive Semih Erden?
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]for whom would you justify playing murphy, wafe or sasha in place of? going 9 deep is as far as anyone goes in the playoffs. with shaq bak, murph will likely be inactive. they are there for emergencies as with arroyo and bradley. if shaq plays, he will likely start with jo backing him up with bb playing under 20 minutes for a change. no need for nen to see the court barring injury. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Commie - (congrats on your Grizzlies call by the way, one of your most accurate predictions) Would you hold to the sweep prediction if Shaq doesn't play much or at all? Because I don't think he's going to and it would be great if you could stop telling us when Shaq is coming back as you've been saying that for weeks now.  At any rate, I don't think we need Shaq to beat the Heat the way JO is playing. However, we're not sweeping them. They are going to beat us soundly once or twice, especially the way our bench is playing.  However, I like the Celts experience and late game execution advantage to hold out. Celts in Six.  " i expect our bench to actually show uP esp jeff green." Finally, curious what makes you think Jeff Green will suddenly grow a pair? I see him as making a decent but modest contribution. I care more about Delonte and Baby upping their games, that's all we need IMO.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]green is still a stud in waiting IMO. he played great at times versus carmelo and can stay in front of lebron. i would rather have him out there than tony allen or even posey. plus i look for him to be more aggressive on offense. mark my words, we will win one game with green being the player of the game! if shaq doesnt play, we will only sweep within 10 ponts. if shaq plays we could win game 1 by 15 to 20 points as well as one game by that margin in boston. shaq makes everything EASIER and breaks others will via attrition as the game goes along. in his 15-20 minutes, he could be DOMINANT. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Sweep? you did not sweep miami last time we were in the playoffs and we had a terrible team. It won't be easy for the heat but.... Heat in 7 because of home field advantage. Home field advantage counts for a lot. GO HEAT.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]NO way we fall asleep as did in game 4 last year. we are a BETTER tea this year! built for the playoffs!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I really think we can handle Miami, but a sweep??? C'mon. They have 2 guys who can take it to the basket whenever they want. Unless the King's mom shows up wearing Celtic jersey #13, this will be a war. We will soon see. It's the Bulls who scare me more than any other team, including the Lakers. It's their youth. When they get going, they really make our guys look old. Bad matchups for us. Now none of them are the players that Ray, KG, and Pierce, were at one time. None of them will ever be. But right now??? they are a tick quicker in all departments, especially to the ball, and that spells trouble. Add a coach that knows us.... I just wish somebody could knock them off.  I think we'll get by Miami.     
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]agree with u on bulls. but i dont think we will even have to deal with that as the hawks should take care of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

9 TURNOVERS.... rr with FIVE and pp with 4. those are the guys handling the ball the most. if we can cut them down we WIN going forward. i expect rr to not have 3 fouls by end of first quarter or to sit out the entire second quarter. pp will play great with a chip in game 2. no sweep. miami played with  heart and aggression and did not show signs of caving. will go six or seven. celts will be up 2-1, then heat will tie it 2-2, we will win one in miami for 3-2 lead, then heat may or may not win in boston. we'll see. great series..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

shaq aint playing tonight. means will go to the last 5 minutes before big 3 will pull it out! at least we know for sure this time shaq will give it a go in game 3. this guy can be the difference maker, so frustrating right now. nothing heat did to us that can not be countered. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: POSITIVE CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

celts will do it in the next 2 games ONLY if shaq plays both games. our entire season now comes down to SHAQ! we need rebounds and to stop the turnovers. as is, we simply cant win both games. fall behind 3-1, forget it. we need to blow them out on SATURDAY... period! if we only win by 5 points or less, we will lose game 4 and likely lose game 5 in miami as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

So much for all this positivity. Where's Ms. Lithium when you need her?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a95510b3b-eda7-4cd9-ad74-3ff368a63f21&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:95510b3b-eda7-4cd9-ad74-3ff368a63f21Post:d57b3c38-7274-44c0-b963-7405ac78e830">Re: POSITIVE CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]celts will do it in the next 2 games ONLY if shaq plays both games. our entire season now comes down to SHAQ!
    we need rebounds and to stop the turnovers. as is, we simply cant win both games. fall behind 3-1, forget it. we need to blow them out on SATURDAY... period! if we only win by 5 points or less, we will lose game 4 and likely lose game 5 in miami as well.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Wow!...if you guys are counting on Shaq, you're already doomed. Shaq should've already retired. Stick a fork in him.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: POSITIVE CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to POSITIVE CELTICS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : Guess NOT... Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]all these guys did was hold serve. we can easily hold serve as well... if shaq is available. even if heat wins game 5, we can come back and hold serve again. anything can happen in game 7. everything great that can happen has for miami, murphy's laws has been in full effect for the celts. these things tend to even up. bottom line celts have been the ones being beaten up. as of now, yes ainge looks like a fool for the trade. green is getting lit up by whoever he is defending and we need more physical play, something ainge put all his eggs in the same shaq basket for. as i have said, ainge is a mo-ron if we lose. not so much if shaq plays and brings the physical and we win. he brings the x-factor with his size and dominance. perhaps kg can start takin the rock to the hole on the teflon bosh rather than settling for jumper after jumper. only rondo is doing this consistently and he clearly is no shooting threat. even if we somehow beat miami, this team will have to be blown up for next year there will be no shaq and no way we could beat miami in this way again.

starting next year, will be the miami DECADE! if its between cp3 and rr, danny should make that deal. we need to get more easy scoring from the point. imagining perk and rrr in there together makes me cringe right now. that's 3 on  basketball. 

Sections
Shortcuts