Positive Fan Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Positive Fan Thread

OK, I know what some of you might be thinking.  This is not a pollyanna, head in the sand gesture.  I know our Celtics have problems right now... but that's why they need our fan support more than ever. 

Let's give them some credit...

They've been valiant through injuries and bad luck... and are still in a position to turn things around.  Not to mention that the playoffs are a whole other ballgame, no pun intended.  This team was built to win playoff series more than it was built to win 60 regular season games.

Our Big 3 are responsible for bringing superior basketball back to Boston after 22 painful years.  They simply deserve to win another title after all they've been through since winning their first.

I want this thread to be something we can turn to when we need reason to believe - and where we can rejoice in every triumph until we hopefully secure #18 in June.

We can do this.  A team that is strong enough to overcome the adversity of the past 2 years is strong enough to win a title!

Oh - and Shaq's still scheduled to be back tomorrow!!!

All right, let's try and keep this going the rest of the season, OK?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Positive Fan Thread

With that said Nenads injury is only a bone bruise and is day to day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I just, this moment, read about that.  Thank God... we needed some good news - especially on the health front!!!  Thank you for letting us know!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread:
    I just, this moment, read about that.  Thank God... we needed some good news - especially on the health front!!!  Thank you for letting us know!!
    Posted by MsLithium21

Anything is possible cause playoffs are a different animal.  I agree.  Celtics will be ready for playoffs and will play Celtic basketball.  I can feel it.  They are too proud to give up and let us down.  Go Celtics always.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The Cs will show up for the play-offs.

With a healthy starting five, anything can happen.

No back to backs. ... defense, and more defense. Shaq in the low post, and team basketball on offense.

Celtics-Lakers finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Celtics have had key injury problems all season long. They're finally getting them all back and in time for the playoffs. Last season the C's only won 50 games and came 1 game from winning it all. I like our chances again.
        The Spurs game was very encouraging. They had Duncan back and we still beat them in their building. Last nights game was a tough game to win, being the second of a back to back and no Shaq. The C's are a much better team with Shaq. Their record prooves my statement when Shaq plays.
        The Bulls are out of reach now since last nights loss and the C's are 3 games back with only 7 to go. It would take a minor miracle to tie them. The race is with the Heat. The C's sights are now on the number 2 seed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Amen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Spirits were dour around here last season as well, only people jumped ship a lot sooner last year.

Our Celtics will be fine come playoff time right on cue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Everyone who fears the bulls......  HOW DEEP has the soft jump shooting BOOZER ever gone in the playoffs? :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Positive Fan Thread:
    OK, I know what some of you might be thinking.  This is not a pollyanna, head in the sand gesture.  I know our Celtics have problems right now... but that's why they need our fan support more than ever.  Let's give them some credit... They've been valiant through injuries and bad luck... and are still in a position to turn things around.  Not to mention that the playoffs are a whole other ballgame, no pun intended.  This team was built to win playoff series more than it was built to win 60 regular season games. Our Big 3 are responsible for bringing superior basketball back to Boston after 22 painful years.  They simply deserve to win another title after all they've been through since winning their first. I want this thread to be something we can turn to when we need reason to believe - and where we can rejoice in every triumph until we hopefully secure #18 in June. We can do this.  A team that is strong enough to overcome the adversity of the past 2 years is strong enough to win a title! Oh - and Shaq's still scheduled to be back tomorrow!!! All right, let's try and keep this going the rest of the season, OK?
    Posted by MsLithium21

Love the postive comments.  You and I agree on that.  If you want to be negative, go root for the Louisville Cardinals!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Nice to see there are still "some" positive fans around here.. I was thinking of going over to the Laker threads for some ecouraging comments about the celtics. You would think after a 20 years, some fans would build a backbone.  Their faith is more fragile than the rickety knees of "some" centers, we wont mention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Love this thread.  I actually think things are already coming together.  JON back, Shaq coming back, West showing us why we missed him, Wafer back, everybody but Ray playing well, etc.

Celts will go deep in the playoffs and I believe they can deliver number 18!1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

at the start of the season, I thought we'd win 55-60 games, which we're still on track to do.

is anyone really afraid of facing miami in the second round? they still haven't beaten us yet.

as for chicago, shut down derrick rose and they've got no chance, and we thrive on shutting down superstars

Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kristic being a minor injury is major good news...for a change!

We melted down again against Atlanta but Im feelin pretty good hearing Kristic can play soon.  JON is back and looked in good shape and SHaq maybe next week (fingers crossed)..

We're playing so bad but the recent good news for our centers has me juiced up that we're gonna be real tough to beat

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

So, at long last, we beat a bad team by an appropriate score!  Seriously, we looked great out there.  Especially Shaq for those 5.5 minutes.  By all accounts, he'll be back.  The calf strain is a setback but not a permanent one.

Go Celtics!  Onward and upward!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Shaq looked good and so did KG.  I am glad KG was aggressive and getting easy points in the paint that is the ticket.  DWest was also impressive but we need Green to score more.  I like Jeff Green but he needs to be more aggressive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Rondo played like the old Rondo I know and love to watch.  Great game Celtics and let's bring it home

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I feel better about the Celtics this week than I did last week.  Our bad news this time around (injuries to Kristic and Shaq)  will resolve themselves within 2 weeks at the latest.
    Remember when KG pulled a calf muscle in Detroit last year and so many posters were saying the Doc's were doing a coverup and he had reinjured his knee?  NOT!

Krisitc and Shaq will return in that order and JO is not going anywhere but the hardwood.

Celtics may yet have the last word this time around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'm with you all the way on this one, Ms. Lith.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Positive Fan Thread:
    OK, I know what some of you might be thinking.  This is not a pollyanna, head in the sand gesture.  I know our Celtics have problems right now... but that's why they need our fan support more than ever.  Let's give them some credit... They've been valiant through injuries and bad luck... and are still in a position to turn things around.  Not to mention that the playoffs are a whole other ballgame, no pun intended.  This team was built to win playoff series more than it was built to win 60 regular season games. Our Big 3 are responsible for bringing superior basketball back to Boston after 22 painful years.  They simply deserve to win another title after all they've been through since winning their first. I want this thread to be something we can turn to when we need reason to believe - and where we can rejoice in every triumph until we hopefully secure #18 in June. We can do this.  A team that is strong enough to overcome the adversity of the past 2 years is strong enough to win a title! Oh - and Shaq's still scheduled to be back tomorrow!!! All right, let's try and keep this going the rest of the season, OK?
    Posted by MsLithium21

On a more somber note...your center position is tenuous at best. Especially against the elite centers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : And your 2 guard is a rapist.
    Posted by Kirk6

Hmm! Somehow, I doubt that will have much of an impact on the outcome of the game. However, the Celtic's center situation in all likelihood WILL have an impact on the game. Try to stay focused.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Positive Fan Thread : On a more somber note...your center position is tenuous at best. Especially against the elite centers.
    Posted by Qdaddy

your point guard position is tenuous. I'm going to have fun watching d-fish trying to chase around tony parker or russel westbrook

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

c'mon now Daddy....easy big fella.....are you calling Drew an elite center....?

good?...yes.....injury prone? ....absolutely.....all star appearances?  ......none....a double/double guy over an entire season? ....I don't think so....better than Krstic? ....yes.....a guy who plays major minutes like Kobe, Pierce, etc?.....um....no.....he is what he is (and I like his skills)......but he is not an elite center yet.....he has his moments....shows greatness at times....but also disappears....especially against guys his own size.......see (former Celtic) Perk, Orlando big man Howard, and Shaq (when he is able to get his 350 lb but on the floor!)

Sections
Shortcuts