Positive Fan Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Positive Fan Thread

Thank you Kirk, teh-n00b, Duke and Fiercest!  Cool

Apparently Qdaddy didn't get the memo that this is a positive thread.  No trolls allowed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Hmm! Somehow, I doubt that will have much of an impact on the outcome of the game. However, the Celtic's center situation in all likelihood WILL have an impact on the game. Try to stay focused.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

While celtic fans are on this thread singing Kumbaya, Qdaddy is keeping it real. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Kirk, teh-n00b, Duke and Fiercest!  Apparently Qdaddy didn't get the memo that this is a positive thread.  No trolls allowed!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

With you all the way, Lith!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Positive Fan Thread : On a more somber note...your center position is tenuous at best. Especially against the elite centers.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

So is yours. Bynum tweaked his knee against denver. in fact, when was the last time bynum made into the playoffs completly healthy? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : So is yours. Bynum tweaked his knee against denver. in fact, when was the last time bynum made into the playoffs completly healthy? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Bynum was healthy enough last year. When does any player make it into the playoffs completely healthy after an 82 game season? Bynum and Gasol will both be back in the lineup tonight. Thanks for your concern though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]c'mon now Daddy....easy big fella.....are you calling Drew an elite center....? good?...yes.....injury prone? ....absolutely.....all star appearances?  ......none....a double/double guy over an entire season? ....I don't think so....better than Krstic? ....yes.....a guy who plays major minutes like Kobe, Pierce, etc?.....um....no.....he is what he is (and I like his skills)......but he is not an elite center yet.....he has his moments....shows greatness at times....but also disappears....especially against guys his own size.......see (former Celtic) Perk, Orlando big man Howard, and Shaq (when he is able to get his 350 lb but on the floor!)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I agree, he is not yet an elite center.  There are not many in the league, and he is certainly one of the best, but, like Oden, he has not been healty enough in his career to be in the same breath as Howard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Bynum was healthy enough last year. When does any player make it into the playoffs completely healthy after an 82 game season? Bynum and Gasol will both be back in the lineup tonight. Thanks for your concern though.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not concerned, just saying Bynum is a bit shaky and often injured. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

jtkl, Bynum has had a pretty good year on the injury front this year all things considered. Some guys cannot catch a break  - Greg Oden. Anyways, when he is on the court regardless if he is 100% or not, it makes the LAKERS almost unbeatable, and that is why everyone is picking the LAKERS this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]jtkl, Bynum has had a pretty good year on the injury front this year all things considered. Some guys cannot catch a break  - Greg Oden. Anyways, when he is on the court regardless if he is 100% or not, it makes the LAKERS almost unbeatable, and that is why everyone is picking the LAKERS this year.

Yeah, but for his career he is often injured. Without bynum the lakers can't beat us. With Bynum and with shaq, the lakers can't beat us. Without shaq and with bynum the Lakers havea solid chance. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

jtkl,

Shaq is foul prone now, and Byum injured ot not, is too quick for Shaq to handle. The celtics made a HUGE mistake in trading Perkins, and they will struggle just to make it back to Finals to meet the Lakers. If they do, and Shaq is back, the series will not be nearly as good as it was last year and the Lakers will win in 5.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]jtkl, Shaq is foul prone now, and Byum injured ot not, is too quick for Shaq to handle. The celtics made a HUGE mistake in trading Perkins, and they will struggle just to make it back to Finals to meet the Lakers. If they do, and Shaq is back, the series will not be nearly as good as it was last year and the Lakers will win in 5.

Yeah, but shaq is taller, bigger and stronger than bynum. he also keeps bynum off the boards, neutralizing the Lakers only advantage over the celtics. back in january when we played, Bynum only had 6 rebounds. When we had the rematch two weeks later (without Shaq) Bynum had 12 rebounds. 

it's pretty obvious with a healthy Shaq and a healthy Bynum we win. The question for me is what does a healthy Jermaine O'neil mean. last year in Miami he played bynum to a draw in the regular season. He is healthy now. So, I like our chances against the lakers.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Yeah, but shaq is taller, bigger and stronger than bynum. he also keeps bynum off the boards, neutralizing the Lakers only advantage over the celtics. back in january when we played, Bynum only had 6 rebounds. When we had the rematch two weeks later (without Shaq) Bynum had 12 rebounds.  it's pretty obvious with a healthy Shaq and a healthy Bynum we win. The question for me is what does a healthy Jermaine O'neil mean. last year in Miami he played bynum to a draw in the regular season. He is healthy now. So, I like our chances against the lakers.  
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Well good luck with all of that. You keep mentioning regular season games, but in a series, I'll take Bynum over Shaq and JO any day of the week. Shaq is way past his prime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Well good luck with all of that. You keep mentioning regular season games, but in a series, I'll take Bynum over Shaq and JO any day of the week. Shaq is way past his prime.

Good luck to you as well. Remeber in the playoffs there is a lot more time off between games. Bodes well, for Shaq's health.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater1. Show greeneater1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : your point guard position is tenuous. I'm going to have fun watching d-fish trying to chase around tony parker or russel westbrook
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Where you been?  DFish will put a forearm to the head of both Parker and Westbrook and they will think twice about going down the middle.  Bank on it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Where you been?  DFish will put a forearm to the head of both Parker and Westbrook and they will think twice about going down the middle.  Bank on it!
    Posted by greeneater1[/QUOTE]

That is because he can't play D within the rules!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater1. Show greeneater1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : That is because he can't play D within the rules!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

No!  It's the rules the NBA has layed out for the playoffs.  Remember Rambus getting closelined in Finals?  I also can list other situations where this happen and not just Celtics vs Lakers either!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : No!  It's the rules the NBA has layed out for the playoffs.  Remember Rambus getting closelined in Finals?  I also can list other situations where this happen and not just Celtics vs Lakers either!
    Posted by greeneater1[/QUOTE]

Funny, I remember him getting tossed for hitting Scola in the chest a couple of years ago.  Please enlighten us, oh green.....whatever you are these days!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : your point guard position is tenuous. I'm going to have fun watching d-fish trying to chase around tony parker or russel westbrook
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

It won't be just Fish. Blake, Shannon Brown, Matt Barnes, they've all been effective as a group. Your center position is a bigger problem than ANY position on the Lakers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]c'mon now Daddy....easy big fella.....are you calling Drew an elite center....? good?...yes.....injury prone? ....absolutely.....all star appearances?  ......none....a double/double guy over an entire season? ....I don't think so....better than Krstic? ....yes.....a guy who plays major minutes like Kobe, Pierce, etc?.....um....no.....he is what he is (and I like his skills)......but he is not an elite center yet.....he has his moments....shows greatness at times....but also disappears....especially against guys his own size.......see (former Celtic) Perk, Orlando big man Howard, and Shaq (when he is able to get his 350 lb but on the floor!)
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke, Andrew is one of the best in the league when healthy. He's been healthy this year. I guess you didn't watch the Lakers game against Orlando a few weeks ago. He OWNED Dwight Howard...very similar to how he OWNED Perkins in the Finals last year, on ONE good leg. And Shaq hasn't been able to keep up with Bynum. Heck, he can't even seem to finish a quarter anymore.

And please, don't even bring Krstic into the conversation. At least Perkins gave all his effort and made Bynum work for his points and boards.

With Bynum and Gasol healthy headed into the playoffs, the Lakers are the odds on favorite to repeat...excuse me, to THREE-peat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Kirk, teh-n00b, Duke and Fiercest!  Apparently Qdaddy didn't get the memo that this is a positive thread.  No trolls allowed!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Trolls? What trolls?

Actually, I thought my post was positive...in a Laker sort-of-way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : While celtic fans are on this thread singing Kumbaya, Qdaddy is keeping it real.

Thank you Tayshawn.

I try to be a realist (unlike the local sunshine-pumpers).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : So is yours. Bynum tweaked his knee against denver. in fact, when was the last time bynum made into the playoffs completly healthy? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your bubble, but both Bynum and Gasol are playing against Utah tonight. Both say they feel good.

Can Fat Shaq say that? Or Krstic (the stiff)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : I agree, he is not yet an elite center.  There are not many in the league, and he is certainly one of the best, but, like Oden, he has not been healty enough in his career to be in the same breath as Howard.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

If you say so hedley.

YAAWWWN!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Yeah, but shaq is taller, bigger and stronger than bynum. he also keeps bynum off the boards, neutralizing the Lakers only advantage over the celtics. back in january when we played, Bynum only had 6 rebounds. When we had the rematch two weeks later (without Shaq) Bynum had 12 rebounds.  it's pretty obvious with a healthy Shaq and a healthy Bynum we win. The question for me is what does a healthy Jermaine O'neil mean. last year in Miami he played bynum to a draw in the regular season. He is healthy now. So, I like our chances against the lakers.  
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Hello! jtkl...Bynum had just barely returned from his rehab.

He's now just about at 100% and has more explosiveness. Shaq won't be able to keep up with Bynum now. There's a REASON Shaq couldn't get the money he wanted or sign with a team he wanted to. His best days are WELL behind him. I kind of feel sorry for the Celtic fan base, who are putting so much faith in a has-been, former Superstar athlete. I remember how pathetic Willie Mays and Joe Namath looked in their final days. That's what you now have in Shaq.

Sections
Shortcuts