Positive Fan Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Positive Fan Thread

Red Sox won...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And only 4 1/2 back in the standings, Ms. L.  Things are looking up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

And in Celtics news we just beat a mediocre team by an appropriate score... looked like Rondo was trying to send a message after the previous night too.  Just stay healthy, get everyone back, and we're as good as anyone else out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread:
    [QUOTE]I don't need to rehash - unless you push me to - how I believe that woman and I think Kobe is guilty as sin.  I really don't like to go there on this board because it's such a hotbutton issue.  But IF I'm right, then yes, it has a lot to do with it because it's a character issue.  If Kobe played for the Celtics I'd stop watching, at least for a long time.  It was how I felt about the Celtics when those domestic violence allegations came out against Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson back in the '90s even though they weren't currently with the team.  It was hard to stomach that the guys I'd cheered for as a child were capable of this.  It took a while for me to come back, and that was the only time I ever tuned out the Celtics.  I'm also a Red Sox fan (condolences please) and was prepared to stop watching them in '97 when it came out that Wil Cordero was beating his wife.  I don't expect choirboys but there are certain standards of decency.  And when players cross a certain line it makes my stomach turn.  I can tolerate them at best and certainly could never bring myself to cheer for them.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

You express my feelings exactly when it comes to cheering on athletes who sexually assault or beat women.

I wrote about my feelings on the Bryant issue here last year and was given a hard time by the Trolls because of it. My sister and I were massive Bryant fans before Denver. But after that, and the pay out we really couldn't stand him as a person any longer. We both threw out our Bryant singlets, just could not wear them after that.

I didn't also get that other girls and women still cheer for the guy and think he's the greatest person going around. I guess they'd rather be blind to the facts and ignore what went on. I don't get their thought process and outlook on life. What he did was completely unacceptable. But guys like him will get away with this till doomsday.

Basically it became a case of cheering the uniform at not the player. I actually wish that we'd traded him after that and moved on. It's extremely hard taking pleasure in his success, but I'm happy for Pau Gasol in a big way. Very conflicting.  Bryant is a great basketball player but not in my Lakers top 5. But he's a substandard human being.

Sorry for derailing this tread, I like seeing fans stay positive when there's a lot of negative threads (sometimes justifiable especially when people are not pursuing agendas) here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Lakers down by 22 points late in the 4th quarter against the Blazers  oh oh  oh  i smell 4 losses in a row for Fakers  lol  yessss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]Lakers down by 22 points late in the 4th quarter against the Blazers  oh oh  oh  i smell 4 losses in a row for Fakers  lol  yessss
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]

This will buy us 2 more troll free days

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Down by 24 now, this very well could be loss #4. They got Perk and OKC coming in on Sunday. Hopefully Perk sends Boston a gift by beating LA!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Thanks for telling me. I have the NBA package, and I always enjoy watching the Lakers lose.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Lakers on a roll, lead down to 12, lets hope Portland holds on!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Thanks for telling me. I have the NBA package, and I always enjoy watching the Lakers lose.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Me too />  I have the NBA package but since I live in LA now I unfortuntely get to watch the fakers on Fox or local channel.  it's tough being a Celtic fan out here in LA but I am representing guys lol.  Go Celtics always no matter what

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

All my friends are lakers fans and when I go to the Sports bars me and my sons are the only ones wearing Celtics jerseys I know the feeling

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]All my friends are lakers fans and when I go to the Sports bars me and my sons are the only ones wearing Celtics jerseys I know the feeling
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Im with you there man, my entire Mom's side of the family lives in LA, and they are DIE hard lakers fans. Only me and my bro are the only Celtic fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I miss living in Boston going to the games and feeling the excitement outside the TD garden

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I miss living in Boston going to the games and feeling the excitement outside the TD garden

Yeah I know what you mean, my bro lives by Fenway and I was out in Boston last month, love the atmosphere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Lakers down by 17. love itttt   I am originally from NY  and live in LA now but love going to Boston to watch my Celtics play at the Garden

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I wanna start a Lakers game thread so bad lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : This will buy us 2 more troll free days

Not so fast...

Did you happen to read Boston Homer Bill Simmons power poll on ESPN? Guess who picked to win it all over the Bulls? I'll give you a hint: This team will tie the Celtics for the record NBA Championships.

And here's what he said about all of you C's fans:

"One more thing: Every Celtics fan is in "last year, we wrote them off and we
    made the Finals" mode. Which is fine. That's what you do when you're grieving.
    You make excuses."

Bill's just calling it like he sees it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Do it dudeno wait  Lakers down by nine oh no.   I am also watching the Celtics replay game of tonite against the Wiz.  This guy Javale McGee is no joke .  Can we tarde baby Davis for him.  He may be part Irish  lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Actually I dont put you in the Troll class as you come around after losses and even tonight when your team is down your hear. I give you props for that. I am reffering to the Laker trolls who make no points other than to say I know you are but what am I types.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]I don't need to rehash - unless you push me to - how I believe that woman and I think Kobe is guilty as sin.  I really don't like to go there on this board because it's such a hotbutton issue.  But IF I'm right, then yes, it has a lot to do with it because it's a character issue.  If Kobe played for the Celtics I'd stop watching, at least for a long time.  It was how I felt about the Celtics when those domestic violence allegations came out against Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson back in the '90s even though they weren't currently with the team.  It was hard to stomach that the guys I'd cheered for as a child were capable of this.  It took a while for me to come back, and that was the only time I ever tuned out the Celtics.  I'm also a Red Sox fan (condolences please) and was prepared to stop watching them in '97 when it came out that Wil Cordero was beating his wife.  I don't expect choirboys but there are certain standards of decency.  And when players cross a certain line it makes my stomach turn.  I can tolerate them at best and certainly could never bring myself to cheer for them.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Whether you think he's guilty or not is irrelevant. He settled his case and has moved on. Just like Michael Vick, just like Ray Lewis...

It's time to move on. You can hate on Kobe or any of these guys, but they've paid their penance. That's the way our justice system works.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Ok its over  i think Fakers down by 10  lol   hahahha wait now down by 12   yessss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Game over, Lakers just loss 4 in a row! Lets hope for 5 on Sunday!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]Game over, Lakers just loss 4 in a row! Lets hope for 5 on Sunday!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Then they play the Spurs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Then they play the Spurs

I forgot about that, but I think the Spurs might rest their starters for the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Love it.   I have a feeeling we will beat the Heat on Sunday,  we match up better and I think Celtics have chip on their shoulder now after emabarrasing loss to the Bulls.  I notice Kg more focus tonite and will not let this team go down

Sections
Shortcuts