Positive Fan Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Positive Fan Thread

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread:
    In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : I forgot about that, but I think the Spurs might rest their starters for the playoffs.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Spurs want payback for that beat down send LA a message they may get up for that then shut it down for the last game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Spurs want payback for that beat down send LA a message they may get up for that then shut it down for the last game. 
    Posted by genaro008

I hope that is the case, its always fun when the Lakers lose!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I guess Bill Simmons may have to rewrite his article today after the lakers lost 4

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Rondo 6 for 6 from the line! Hallelujuh, GO RONDO!

Go Boston!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

haven't been online in a couple of days. I'm glad this thread is still running
    Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

if Simmons had predicted that the Celtics would beat LA in the finals......how many here think Q would've dropped by to point it out....?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

if Simmons had predicted that the Celtics would beat LA in the finals......how many here think Q would've dropped by to point it out....?
    Posted by Duke4

If he had picked Boston to beat LA in the Finals, he would've been BEYOND a major homer! As he correctly pointed out...

"The trade undermined everything the Celtics were about: size, toughness,
    togetherness, chemistry, friendship, relationships ... it erased their identity
    Jason Bourne-style."

I don't think there's a Boston Celtic fan that would argue that assessment. And now you're having to rely on the Big 6 Minute Man. Good luck with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well Q, as I pointed out....this year against Miami, Chicago, LA, and San Antonio.....Celtics are 8-3.....with Perk 1-1, so without Perk 7-2

we beat your team handily in LA....you beat us in Boston but we had no bench...I like our chances....but then again, that's why they play the games..

remember 2008?.....going into the finals, ESPN contributors overwhelmingly picked LA (I think it was 7-1 among analysts)....Boston humiliated the Lakers...came back from what?...20 down to win on the road...won game 6 by 39...?

Let's wait and see....that is if either of our teams make it.....which is surely not a given my friend....

take care buddy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Absolutely...no guarantees.

Now that the prelims are just about over, it's time for playoff basketball.

As someone already mentioned, the playoffs are a different animal.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Ahh, here's the positive thread.

People, before everyone jumps off the bridge, let's wait until the season is over to begin hating on management and the players. I know this team is not the same as last year's but the same thing happened here last year. People gave up on the Celts right before the real games(playoffs) started and the Celtics flipped on the switch and played great.

It may not happen but then again it might. I like to believe it will.Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Wow, Digger, thank you.  Even I couldn't find anything positive to write about.  So thank you for keeping this going.  The players have GOT to do that for each other too.  I'm sure they're feeling like cr*p right now.  They deserve so much better.  Especially the Big 3.

I believe it has to.  I remember how we came into this season - just men on a mission to win #18.  You know, "It's all about 18" appearing all over their website...  I saw the interviews with guys like Pierce and Garnett about that last Lakers game, and how such heartbreak always sticks with you and it just makes you more determined to erase it with a championship next time.

Until we're mathematically done, I will always remember the way they were, that confidence, passion and sense of urgency in their voices.  People like that do not just lie down when it counts.

Thank you again giving us reason to believe!  Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Oklahoma City gift-wrapped us a Lakers loss.  Without starting an argument about The Trade, Perk was our most valuable Celtic today.  Once a Celtic, always a Celtic.

OH, and Josh Beckett version 2011, of all pitchers, led the Red Sox to a shut-out win over the Yankees, defeating CC Sabathia, of all pitchers.

Who says miracles can't happen??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I still believe

rondo has consistently elevated his play to another level in the last 2 postseasons. we will go as far as he takes us

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Oklahoma City gift-wrapped us a Lakers loss.  Without starting an argument about The Trade, Perk was our most valuable Celtic today.  Once a Celtic, always a Celtic. OH, and Josh Beckett version 2011, of all pitchers, led the Red Sox to a shut-out win over the Yankees, defeating CC Sabathia, of all pitchers. Who says miracles can't happen??
    Posted by MsLithium21

And the Wiz and Doc returned the favor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I have you on ignore, Q, so I don't know what you said.  You're probably rubbing it in that we lost.  It was our BENCH.  Our BENCH took another team's 1st unit into overtime.  I wish we could have won and am crushed that we lost, but our bench grew a lot today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

I have you on ignore, Q, so I don't know what you said.  You're probably rubbing it in that we lost.  It was our BENCH.  Our BENCH took another team's 1st unit into overtime.  I wish we could have won and am crushed that we lost, but our bench grew a lot today.
    Posted by MsLithium21

So really...what does that say about your bench. YOUR BENCH couldn't stop THE WIZARDS!

But as several of you have already pointed out, your bench isn't very good. And you're all still waiting on Fat Shaq. Of course, my boys aren't out of the clear yet either. They have the Spurs tomorrow, but they'll most likely rest their starters also. I don't believe the Lakers will because they still want to nail down the 2nd seed in the west (and over the Celtics as well).

BTW, if you have me on "ignore", why did you respond? I guess I'm just to hard to ignore, kinda like that itch that you just can't reach. HAH!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I will take a bench that can go toe to toe with an actual NBA team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

So will I!  That was actually impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

20 and 15 for jeff green and 15-13-5 for jermaine will do wonders for their confidence.

anyway, it wasn't our 2nd unit that lost us this game, it was our 3rd unit, players who won't play at all in the playoffs.

we outscored washington by 24 with baby on the court, and by 21, 17, 10, and 9 for wafer, jermaine, green and west respectively.

basically, our second unit just annihilated another team's starters

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

So will I!  That was actually impressive.
    Posted by MsLithium21

I'm impressed with Ms.Lithium's new pic..The C's have suddenly become secondary..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You are a sweetheart, Tomobo!  Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I will take a bench that can go toe to toe with an actual NBA team.
    Posted by existentialparquet

Count me in, too.  Admittedly, WA was playing some of their D leaguers.  Still, I am very encouraged by last night's play, Wafer's blunders notwithstanding.  It was great to see Jermaine play significant minutes and put up good numbers.  If Shaq is able to make it back, all the Perk talk will be moot.  Even if Shaq can't play, I'm feeling good about Jermaine starting at the five with Nenad following.  If only Murph could get his shot to fall.  Oh well, can't have everything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Tonight's win over the Knicks was a meaningless game for this season but a nice feel-good way to go into the playoffs - and with several of those guys, some reassurance for our future!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Miss Lithium you look like my girl Kristine Leahy. 

Sections
Shortcuts