Positive things from Green and JON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Positive things from Green and JON

Wow, Green had 20 and 15 with starters minutes.  I guess the guy really can rebound.  Its much different when you come off the bench and your role is defined as coming right in and find a rythm scoring, but with time, you see this kid will wreak havoc on the glass, but with the starters he is being to timid, maybe doenst want to fight his teamates for boards, but we need him to do that in the playoffs.

JON, what can you say?  Provided a great defensive presence and some offense as well.  Judging by his antics against Miami, I guess Doc annointed him the new enforcer, and although he is no Perk with his elbows, he is a better shot blocker and scorer and I'll take any toughness I can get from him.

Further proof of this team coming together at the right time, despite a bunch of panicky fans thinking otherwise.  This is a gonna be a very exciting playoffs right out the gate with the Knicks coming in.  Cant wait!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Re: Positive things from Green and JON

The 20 points from Green wasn't impressive at all, considering he took 20 shots.  But the rebounding certainly was positive.  Loved JO though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Positive things from Green and JON:
    [QUOTE]The 20 points from Green wasn't impressive at all, considering he took 20 shots.  But the rebounding certainly was positive.  Loved JO though.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]
     Yes, and you could say the same thing about Kobe shooting 20 shots a game. We know it was against Washington but the guy has had good games. He should ahve been playing more down the stretch.  He can do both and Doc has not played him correctly and he has not found his niche unfortunately. I am not a Doc basher either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its not like it was 1st time starting in over 20 games or anything.  Some guys are never happy.  I could care less they loss, but I liked what I saw from the reserves.  Gives me hope they can hold their own come playoff time.  His shot selection is out of wack because they feature Baby instead when Green should get his mumber called.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

He had a clearly defined role

As the utility man, he's walking on egg shells trying to figure out what's up.  Hopefully the next couple games set him free and helps him rediscover how to let loose and play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i really liked what i saw last night from green, JO and even wafer. yes, wafer, made a few bone-headed plays, but he and green, along with rondo, are the most athletic players on this team. i call BS on anyone who says green's game was not impressive. he put the ball on the floor and got to the rim. no one else (including PP) can do that like green does.

i was thinking that BBD and green played the same position. they do not. green is a 3. no doubt in my mind, they can coexist. a starting 1-2-3 of rondo-green-wafer isn't half bad (looking toward next year). we just need to upgrade the 4 and 5 (again, next year).

as for the playoffs, i would have liked to win last night, but most of the guys who played showed me a lot. BBD played his usual game. JO, green, west, wafer and arroyo all looked pretty good. krstic didn't play much and didn't do much when he was in there. murphy is a stiff. those of you who lobbied for his services should be ashamed of yourselves. he has shown nothing. he won't make the playoff roster IMO.

i'll be curious to see who plays tomorrow vs. the knicks. that'll be an interesting game. and i hope west is OK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree, Green should be getting more opportunities but he's so quick to pass the ball. Hopefully that game will give him some confidence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

green sux, wake up to reality

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

It's no surprise that Green could put up those numbers.  The most encouraging thing I took away from last night's game is that Jermaine showed he's ready to play significant minutes in the playoffs. Previous to last night, I was worried that Doc wasn't giving him enough minutes for him to get into game shape. It seems now that if Shaq is unable show up, Jermaine will be a more than capable starter. If Shaq is in fact able to provide twenty minutes, we'll be in great shape at the five.

I also agree with kaktug that boneheaded plays aside, Wafer looked good (as he has many times before).  Aside from Pierce (and maybe Green) he's really the only guy out there who can get to the hoop in a half court set.  When he gets a step, he's to the glass in a flash.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]green sux, wake up to reality
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Obvious you no very little about Bball.  A 23 yr old guy that averages 14 pts and 5.5 rebounds per game and is not the "go to guy hardly sux.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive things from Green and JON : Obvious you no very little about Bball.  A 23 yr old guy that averages 14 pts and 5.5 rebounds per game and is not the "go to guy hardly sux.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    There will always be some ignoramus that hasn't a clue, CASox.  Once Green becomes comfortable here he will sparkle.  He just has to get used to his bench role.  He will be a future star of this team (assuming Danny extends his contract).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I would not be suprised to see Green and West and JO in starting positions next year.  West, Green, Paul, KG and JO would be a very good unit.

Sections
Shortcuts