Possible offseason moves to think about.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

Possible offseason moves to think about.....

I know this is coming off a great team effort the day after a playoff win, but the recent actions of certain players (Rondo), and the aging of others (Garnett and Allen) makes the moves this offseason so imperative for the future success of the Celtics.  

Rondo is a very talented point guard, but we have seen and heard his meltdowns and primadonna antics both on and off the court, to the point where Danny Ainge was actively shopping him this season.  Getting ejected from Game 1 for me was the icing on the cake.  Im not sure who saw it, but Doc Rivers had a look of disgust on his face after Rondo bumped the ref.  It is time to trade Rajon Rondo, and see what we can get for him.  He has a very affodable contract and should be easy to move.

The answer to the Rondo conundrum is Deron Williams.  How do you entice this superstar point guard to come to Boston and dawn the Green???  You go get the big man player he wanted to play with if he were to have stayed with the Nets....Dwight Howard!!!  Even though Dwight is a whiner complainer like Rondo, if i had to choose between wich one I wanted on my team...I would take Dwight Howard every day of the week.  There is zero chance Dwight plays another game for the Orlando Magic, and the Celtics need to replace Kevin Garnett with another big man.

If this were to all go down...the Celtics would have their PG, their Swingman, anf their Big Man to build around, and from seeing the Celtics reserve players this season and postseason thus far, we have a pretty good core all ready.  The only thing i would want to add is a sharp shooter type.  Lets face it, its impossible to replace the shooting talents of Ray Allen, but maybe we can find someone who can knock down some 3's consistently.  It would be very interesting if the Celtics drafted Doc's son Austin Rivers from Duke in the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Possible offseason moves to think about.....

Boston fans are still thinking about getting Deron Williams and Dwight Howard?
    Odds are Deron will sign with either Brooklyn or Dallas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Deron William based on his performance this year leaves a lot to be desired.  Inconsistent and showing very little leadership he is not Rondo in the passing dept.  Most Net fans don't even care if he stays, he has not made a difference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Deron Williams = Baron davis 5 years ago.  Starting the decline, not dedicated to staying in shape.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am not advocating bringing in Deron Williams but I think you have to consider his circumstances with the Nets.  He could not have made that much of a difference with the Nets so I don't think he tainted his image this past season.  He is still one of the elite PGs in the NBA.

As far as staying in shape, every player sustained nagging injuries this season and was shelved at some point.  I don't think you can knock Deron about being in shape because of his injuries just like you cannot knock Derrick Rose.  This was a strange season and there were more injuries because guys did not have any recovery time.

Deron is saying the right things.  I see no reason why he will sign with Brooklyn.  He and Jordan Farmar visited the new arena in Brooklyn and he was impressed and indicated that it would be a nice place to play.  Would you expect him to say "wow, nice place but shame I won't get to play here"?  I don't think that's an indication that he will sign.

You can believe he and Dwight have spoken about where they both plan to end up and THAT will be an important factor.  If he ends up in Boston, I would not be disappointed because that would significantly improve our chances of also landing Howard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Why are idiots ALWAYS trying to get rid of Rondo. Yes he has the most value. But the most pure PG in the league. With his J coming alone. I see him as the best PURE PG. Rose is not a PG and CP3 is not RONDO. He has some issues. He didnt get arrested and he hasnt been a plague. He has done things that few players have done. He has been only 3rd player in history. Chamberlain and BIG O are the others to have a triple double and have atleast 15 in every category. He has 5 triple doubles this year. I am sure he will have atleast 1 in the playoffs. He is still very young. I would not trade him for anything he is too special. Mentioned also the only PG with Magic to do something very special. His consecutive streak of double digits in assists. Is second all time. The player weighs out what he has done off the court. Little by little he has improved in the areas that people called him out on. His j and free throws. Leave the guy alone. He didnt beat his wife like JKidd. A water bottle incident a plastic bottle at that. Lets stop hating on a guy that makes everybody better. He has had double digit games with out the big 3. He has too much MOJO on the court to get rid of him. IF they do ever TRADE him. Send him WEST, I would not want to face him in the FUTURE because he will eat us for DINNER.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I do think we need to make some calculated offseason moves.  First order of business is obtaining an NBA center.

Second, I think we have to get a "real" PF.  A real one who can play 35 effective (offense, defense, rebounding) minutes per night.  It's obvious Brandon Bass is a small forward.  He's a big small forward who does NOTHING well but "shoot the mid-range jump shot".  That's it!  There is not one area of BB's game that merits starting PF status.  Honestly, he would be a fool to opt out of his $4M option and seek more money on the open market.  He had a decent season but he is being totally exposed for his overall deficiencies during the first couple of playoff games.

If we had to resort to a five-five-five thing with KG this season, I'd hate to see what we'd have to resort to next season if we re-signed him.  That's a tough one because he still has significant value but we'd still have to get a solid backup PF behind him because next season we might have to do four-four-four with him.

We HAVE to convince Ray to stay in a backup role.  I am not used to seeing a Celtics team struggle so much with the perimeter shot when WE ARE A PERIMETER SHOOTING TEAM.  We "should" attempt to keep Pietrus too although he oftentimes can't hit the side of a barn standing right next to it (does he even follow thru on his jumper).  But he does play tough defense and you cannot discount that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo will stay - unless we can package him for Tyreke Evans, who Danny has always liked!  KG over Ray - we need to re-sign Jeff Green, Steamer, Pietrus and Bass.  Then, either FA or draft our other positions.

FA - Mayo or Young                                Draft - Waiters or Lamb
    FA - Kaman or Hibbert                             Draft - Melo or White

That would be a deep, young team that is fun to watch!! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Leave KG at center and get Humphries ... then Bass can be backup PF and KG extends his career.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Agree

I'm not sure who we draft at this point yet, I do like Waiters a lot. If a certain big Danny likes slips out of the top 10, like Moultrie, Jones, Zeller, Leonard and Sullinger... I'd consider trading both picks and Johnson into that 11-16 range to get him. We know Bass ideally a big minute backup (20-24 mins) and Stiemsma a smaller minute backup, but we have two young STARTERS at guard and can add vets and backups much easier than getting a big man.

Still torn on Ray if he returns here or if he will come back healthy enough in these playoffs to even be included in a sign and trade (for Mayo and his QO around 6 million)

If we simply keep the team we have now and add Green, Humphries and Mayo (or a vetand a pick at guard) we'd be pretty scary

C - KG (24 mins) Stiemsma (16m) Humphries (8m)
    PF - Humphries (20m) Bass (20m) Green (8m)
    SF - Green (20m) Pierce (28m)
    SG - Avery (32m) Pietrus or Ray or Mayo (16m)
    PG - Rondo (36m) Mayo, Waiters or a vet like Baron Davis (12m)

I'd think Green would benefit most from playing with Rondo so if he returns its time for Paul to volonteer to be the 6th man like McHale did late in his career. McHale had such a refined low post game that even when his legs were shot he could score on the box against backups. Pierce has his scoring moves down to a science so even at a step slower than he used to be he can dominate backups, stay rested and be a facilitator when Rondo is sitting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Agree I'm not sure who we draft at this point yet, I do like Waiters a lot. If a certain big Danny likes slips out of the top 10, like Moultrie, Jones, Zeller, Leonard and Sullinger... I'd consider trading both picks and Johnson into that 11-16 range to get him. We know Bass ideally a big minute backup (20-24 mins) and Stiemsma a smaller minute backup, but we have two young STARTERS at guard and can add vets and backups much easier than getting a big man. Still torn on Ray if he returns here or if he will come back healthy enough in these playoffs to even be included in a sign and trade (for Mayo and his QO around 6 million) If we simply keep the team we have now and add Green, Humphries and Mayo (or a vetand a pick at guard) we'd be pretty scary C - KG (24 mins) Stiemsma (16m) Humphries (8m) PF - Humphries (20m) Bass (20m) Green (8m) SF - Green (20m) Pierce (28m) SG - Avery (32m) Pietrus or Ray or Mayo (16m) PG - Rondo (36m) Mayo, Waiters or a vet like Baron Davis (12m) I'd think Green would benefit most from playing with Rondo so if he returns its time for Paul to volonteer to be the 6th man like McHale did late in his career. McHale had such a refined low post game that even when his legs were shot he could score on the box against backups. Pierce has his scoring moves down to a science so even at a step slower than he used to be he can dominate backups, stay rested and be a facilitator when Rondo is sitting.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    Great stuff, as always!!
    How about Kaman/Hibbert/Melo?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Possible offseason moves to think about.....:
    [QUOTE]I know this is coming off a great team effort the day after a playoff win, but the recent actions of certain players (Rondo), and the aging of others (Garnett and Allen) makes the moves this offseason so imperative for the future success of the Celtics.   Rondo is a very talented point guard, but we have seen and heard his meltdowns and primadonna antics both on and off the court, to the point where Danny Ainge was actively shopping him this season.  Getting ejected from Game 1 for me was the icing on the cake.  Im not sure who saw it, but Doc Rivers had a look of disgust on his face after Rondo bumped the ref.  It is time to trade Rajon Rondo, and see what we can get for him.  He has a very affodable contract and should be easy to move. The answer to the Rondo conundrum is Deron Williams.  How do you entice this superstar point guard to come to Boston and dawn the Green???  You go get the big man player he wanted to play with if he were to have stayed with the Nets....Dwight Howard!!!  Even though Dwight is a whiner complainer like Rondo, if i had to choose between wich one I wanted on my team...I would take Dwight Howard every day of the week.  There is zero chance Dwight plays another game for the Orlando Magic, and the Celtics need to replace Kevin Garnett with another big man. If this were to all go down...the Celtics would have their PG, their Swingman, anf their Big Man to build around, and from seeing the Celtics reserve players this season and postseason thus far, we have a pretty good core all ready.  The only thing i would want to add is a sharp shooter type.  Lets face it, its impossible to replace the shooting talents of Ray Allen, but maybe we can find someone who can knock down some 3's consistently.  It would be very interesting if the Celtics drafted Doc's son Austin Rivers from Duke in the draft.
    Posted by sox4life2280[/QUOTE]
    Getting Howard, I agree with you...I would love it !!! And Deron has not played super star status this year...how can one be that motivated playing with the NETS ? Bynum & Howard are the 2 best BIG MEN in the game. We really haven't dominated under the boards since Parrish, McHale & Bird days. We are a good jump shooting team and have had some PGs who can dribble to the basket and/or make an assist but mostly to another to make a jump shot. Rondo is very good in many categories but still not in the class of Rose, Westbrook, Paul etc. in being able to score. Dominating Big Men are very hard to get. PGs are easier & look how A.Bradley has developed. What if we get Doc's son ! Would be nice to have +10 in rebounds for a change & also someone who can block 3-5 shots which also gives us a chance to retain the ball.

Get Howard/Deron Williams packaging Rondo & others.... Yes Indeed. I live in SF Bay area...am I California Dreaming ???  Of course, if we could get D.Howard to come without D. Williams just trading Rondo for Howard straight up, I'd do that too as I said PGs are easier to get/develop than Dominating centers !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I do think we need to make some calculated offseason moves.  First order of business is obtaining an NBA center. Second, I think we have to get a "real" PF.  A real one who can play 35 effective (offense, defense, rebounding) minutes per night.  It's obvious Brandon Bass is a small forward.  He's a big small forward who does NOTHING well but "shoot the mid-range jump shot".  That's it!  There is not one area of BB's game that merits starting PF status.  Honestly, he would be a fool to opt out of his $4M option and seek more money on the open market.  He had a decent season but he is being totally exposed for his overall deficiencies during the first couple of playoff games. If we had to resort to a five-five-five thing with KG this season, I'd hate to see what we'd have to resort to next season if we re-signed him.  That's a tough one because he still has significant value but we'd still have to get a solid backup PF behind him because next season we might have to do four-four-four with him. We HAVE to convince Ray to stay in a backup role.  I am not used to seeing a Celtics team struggle so much with the perimeter shot when WE ARE A PERIMETER SHOOTING TEAM.  We "should" attempt to keep Pietrus too although he oftentimes can't hit the side of a barn standing right next to it (does he even follow thru on his jumper).  But he does play tough defense and you cannot discount that.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Great input Petey, here are my views on our points:

KG - If we see the 4-4-4 thing with KG next season thats 32 minutes. He averaged 31 this season. I want to see him down at 24-26 next season. I say he plays the first 6 minutes in each of the first 3 quarters, therefore getting more rest after, and goes 4-4-4 in the 4th quarter, getting a solid breather for the last 6 mins when we need his best D and shots to fall.

Ray/Pietrus - If he wants to come off the bench for 16 minutes next year and make only 2-4 million then I'd see him welcomed back. That is likely the max $/role the Celts will offer him. Pietrus has dissapointed me from 3... but if he can return to the 38-39% shooter he was from behind the line on those Magic teams then his D and energy makes up for Ray shooting 44-45% (and he was at 40-41-36 from 3 his 1st 3 seasons here, so Ray could revert to that). I see it as one or the other next year with Green coming back.

Bass - I don't think its obvious he is a SF, but I agree the 4 million is fair and he is best served as a backup. I think the Celts would be wise to offer to give him the max extension they can AFTER he picks up the option. That'd be like 5 years 33-35 million. A contender can only offer Bass the MLE (4/20) and any teanm that could possibly offer him the 4/30 max I could ever see him being offered wouldn't be a contender. Essentially getting the security of 6 years 36-38 million here is worth it. And the organization would know they have a 20-24 min 10-5 guy off their bench or if they suffer injuries a 30-34 min 15-6 guy. I think he is an undersized PF who can use his strength on Smith/LeBron/Melo/Deng from time to time but is not able to run with them up and down the court for extended mins. Jeff Green can do that. Green is 1" taller than Bass. They'd be a good pair at forward.

Frontcourt additions - In my mind the 'real' PF is a guy like Humphries. The Center should be a draft pick we let develop for a year. KG at the 5 has proven to be a good move. Stiemsma will get slightly better. With Bass and a little bit of Green tossed in at the 4 there is no room for a veteran C, just a young upside kid (Zeller, Leonard maybe).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Great stuff, as always!! How about Kaman/Hibbert/Melo?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I'd like a developmental big man very much. Melo can play NBA D right away, in that he's kinda like Stiemsma. I'd certainly not be unhappy if Danny went with Melo at 21 or 22. The knock on him isthat he needs others to motivate him and isn't an offensive force. If he can just turn himself into a 5 point 8 rebound 2 block defender liek Perk and we have enough scorers 1-4, he'd be an asset.

I see the Pacers matahcing any offer for Hibbert..... and I'd rather spend 15 million on Humphries/Melo than 15 on Hibbert... but if we made him an offer Indy declined to match you'd see me dancing for sure.

I've gone into Kaman extensively, not big on bringing him in. Yes we lack a back to the basket Center, but Kaman has slowly turned into a (very good) 12-18 foot jump shooter (like Bass). He barely gets more offensive boards than KG, who is a 16-20 foor jump shooter. I'd rather you get a Humphries or Okafor blue coller guy who will give you a 10-10 with 3 off. boards and let KG/Bass and likely Jeff Green shoot those mid-rangers with a guy who is going to be battling down low for the rebound or a bail-out pass/layup... KG just WATCHES blackhole Bass post people up from 15 feet, prob cuz we need him hustling back on D... but next year I want a guy to get in there and go for the board if there is a KG/Bass miss.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Danny needs to take one from Belichick's book and trade up if that happens for a Big, agreed. Thought Mayo objected to reporting to Boston killing the Ray trade? As much as I'd like him you have to wonder if it's dead now ... Young fits but if he does well for the Clips he will stay there ... hometown pride and all. Who's left now that Afflalo re-upped with Denver? May have to keep Ray for another year or two. Can't wait to see Green running with Rondo, Bradley and Humphries! And don't forget the possibility of Wilcox coming back at C/PF since his surgery apparently was successful. KG - Wilcox - Steamer Humphries - Bass - Moultrie (?) Green - Pierce - Pietrus Bradley - Ray - Moore Rondo - Bradley - Dooling (?)

I didn't hear that about Mayo, I thought it was DA's inclusion of a 1st rd pick as well from the Grizz that may have nixed the deal. Mayo would have gone from 6th man on a 4-5 seed to starter on a 4-5 seed... and wouldn't he not get paid if he didn't report... that sounds foolish.

I have never been a fan of Young... I'd like to have his 43/37/83 on the court as a shooter... but that is ALL he does, no PG skills, no rebounds/D. If you could get him for 4 years 24 million, over giving Ray/Pietrus 2/8, I would do it. I'd MUCH rather give Mayo 4/40. He's a 43/37/82 but plays really tough D, has a much better handle and would be terrifying in the open court with either Rondo or Avery.

I don't see room for Wilcox if we have Humphries, KG, Bass, Stiemsma and a draft pick (or Johnson). But at the vet min to give him a contract after heart surgery, if nobody else offers more, would be a nice move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]My question for the board is this: If we could swap Pietrus for Beasley straight up, do you do that and why or why not?

You mean a sign and trade with the T'Wolves picking up Beasley's qualifying offer of 8 million?

Probably not.

8 million is twice what we would likely have to give Jeff Green and I'd rather have Green back, they fill the same role. You can't have Bass, Pierce, Green and KG on this team and find room for Beasley as well. Pietrus has a role as a SG defender and corner 3 guy with the above 4 on the team with him.

If for some reason we move on from Jeff than maybe. I'd think that 8 million would be better spent on a big man who rebounds like Humphries or a guard to replace Ray who pairs well with Rondo/Avery like Mayo... all while keeping Pietrus.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Beasley's option has to be picked up by 6/30.
    There's no way Minnesota will pick up the $8m option which would mean Beasley will be an unrestricted free agent on 7/1.
    If Minnesota picked up the option then he would be a restricted free agent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I LIKE the team of Rondo - Mayo - Green - Humphies and KG
    with Bradley - Pietrus - Pierce - Bass and Steamer/Melo

but do we have enough money to sign them all?  We may have to consider EITHER Mayo or Humphries ( I prefer the latter) and draft the other position!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Okafor is being discussed as an amnesty candidate. Before the Hornets spent 28 million to let him walk maybe we could workout a trade?

Picks 21, 22 and Bass (a NO native) ot Johnson for pick 10 (from MN) and Okafor.

Okafor will give us 85-90% of what Humphries would at a couple million more a year, but for only 2 years instead of 4. We prob don't have the cap space to get Mayo if we're giving KG

We'd have a lot of options at a pick 10 to land a STAR to pair with Avery, Green and Rondo with Ray, Pierce, KG and Okafor as 4 veterans who can help carry you through 2 more deep playoff runs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I LIKE the team of Rondo - Mayo - Green - Humphies and KG with Bradley - Pietrus - Pierce - Bass and Steamer/Melo but do we have enough money to sign them all?  We may have to consider EITHER Mayo or Humphries ( I prefer the latter) and draft the other position!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Depends on what KG (and to a lesser extend Green) takes

Say you give Ray 2/10 and trade him and Johnson for Mayo and his QO (or use Johnson to trade up in the draft)

Pierce - 16.8
    Rondo - 11
    Mayo - 7.4 (QO)
    Bass - 4
    Bradley - 1.6
    Steamer - 1m (QO)

That is 41.8 million.

The cap is 58 million

Now if KG comes back for 2/14 (6.5-7.5) and Green comes back at the MLE (I think we get it if we exceed the cap, which would happen as soon as we extend Mayo/Steamer AFTER we use the cap space) or the 2.5m exception then we can offer Humphries 4 years 36 million and still give Pietrus like 2 years 6 million, the amount of the 'mini-MLE' he'd likely only be getting elsewhere.

If KG wants the 2/20 Ray got when his contract was up at age 35 two years then things become tricky. We can really only offer ONE free agent a contract in that 4/36-4/44 range at that point. I still say you go Humphries, he is that rebounder we need, and add to the backcourt through the draft.

Bass could also opt-out and give us an extra 4 million. But then instead of adding Humphries 10-10 and expecting to just reduce the minutes of KG/Bass, you have to replace Bass's 14-6 while also reducing KG's mins, meaning we don't get that much better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]I do think we need to make some calculated offseason moves.  First order of business is obtaining an NBA center. Second, I think we have to get a "real" PF.  A real one who can play 35 effective (offense, defense, rebounding) minutes per night.  It's obvious Brandon Bass is a small forward.  He's a big small forward who does NOTHING well but "shoot the mid-range jump shot".  That's it!  There is not one area of BB's game that merits starting PF status.  Honestly, he would be a fool to opt out of his $4M option and seek more money on the open market.  He had a decent season but he is being totally exposed for his overall deficiencies during the first couple of playoff games. If we had to resort to a five-five-five thing with KG this season, I'd hate to see what we'd have to resort to next season if we re-signed him.  That's a tough one because he still has significant value but we'd still have to get a solid backup PF behind him because next season we might have to do four-four-four with him. We HAVE to convince Ray to stay in a backup role.  I am not used to seeing a Celtics team struggle so much with the perimeter shot when WE ARE A PERIMETER SHOOTING TEAM.  We "should" attempt to keep Pietrus too although he oftentimes can't hit the side of a barn standing right next to it (does he even follow thru on his jumper).  But he does play tough defense and you cannot discount that.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Excellent post!  I completely agree with your observations on BB.  He is perceived as having a great year because of Rondo's greatness.  He can hit the open mid-range jumper and rebound some.  Other than that, he does not do much.

The Celts transformed the season when they moved KG to 5 and BB to 4.  That finally put 4 players capable of scoring on the floor.  Allowed Rondo to flourish.  Earlier, JON and Perk were offensive duds.

As I think of off season and free agents, I feel that the Celts will have to overbid a little to get players.  There are teams like Nets, Kings and Hornets that will be way below the cap and motivated to stock up.  Will will be possible to sign Kaman for an overpaid backup 5 contract?  Hopefully that will be much lower than than an overpaid starting 5 contract.

My thinking is that if you replace BB by Kaman, you retain your jump shooting offense and defensive rebounding abilities.  KG can move to 4.  Cover the backup 2 with Ray and hope for another draft hit.  Now, suddenly, a very capable roster starts emerging again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Excellent post!  I completely agree with your observations on BB.  He is perceived as having a great year because of Rondo's greatness.  He can hit the open mid-range jumper and rebound some.  Other than that, he does not do much. The Celts transformed the season when they moved KG to 5 and BB to 4.  That finally put 4 players capable of scoring on the floor.  Allowed Rondo to flourish.  Earlier, JON and Perk were offensive duds. As I think of off season and free agents, I feel that the Celts will have to overbid a little to get players.  There are teams like Nets, Kings and Hornets that will be way below the cap and motivated to stock up.  Will will be possible to sign Kaman for an overpaid backup 5 contract?  Hopefully that will be much lower than than an overpaid starting 5 contract. My thinking is that if you replace BB by Kaman, you retain your jump shooting offense and defensive rebounding abilities.  KG can move to 4.  Cover the backup 2 with Ray and hope for another draft hit.  Now, suddenly, a very capable roster starts emerging again.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

The only way I would want Kaman is if he were replacing Bass and KG was moving back to PF.

Then you'd like to see a rebounder added somehow at backup PF who will get like 24 mins a game with Stiemsma getting like 16, Kaman 28 and KG 24.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Possible offseason moves to think about.....:
    [QUOTE]I know this is coming off a great team effort the day after a playoff win, but the recent actions of certain players (Rondo), and the aging of others (Garnett and Allen) makes the moves this offseason so imperative for the future success of the Celtics.   Rondo is a very talented point guard, but we have seen and heard his meltdowns and primadonna antics both on and off the court, to the point where Danny Ainge was actively shopping him this season.  Getting ejected from Game 1 for me was the icing on the cake.  Im not sure who saw it, but Doc Rivers had a look of disgust on his face after Rondo bumped the ref.  It is time to trade Rajon Rondo, and see what we can get for him.  He has a very affodable contract and should be easy to move. The answer to the Rondo conundrum is Deron Williams.  How do you entice this superstar point guard to come to Boston and dawn the Green???  You go get the big man player he wanted to play with if he were to have stayed with the Nets....Dwight Howard!!!  Even though Dwight is a whiner complainer like Rondo, if i had to choose between wich one I wanted on my team...I would take Dwight Howard every day of the week.  There is zero chance Dwight plays another game for the Orlando Magic, and the Celtics need to replace Kevin Garnett with another big man. If this were to all go down...the Celtics would have their PG, their Swingman, anf their Big Man to build around, and from seeing the Celtics reserve players this season and postseason thus far, we have a pretty good core all ready.  The only thing i would want to add is a sharp shooter type.  Lets face it, its impossible to replace the shooting talents of Ray Allen, but maybe we can find someone who can knock down some 3's consistently.  It would be very interesting if the Celtics drafted Doc's son Austin Rivers from Duke in the draft.
    Posted by sox4life2280[/QUOTE]
    of course would be easy to finf a taker for Rondo.The best pure point guard in the nba.What Deron Williams has done in his career ?

Sections
Shortcuts