Possible offseason moves to think about.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Possible offseason moves to think about.....

In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about.....:
    [QUOTE]I LIKE the team of Rondo - Mayo - Green - Humphies and KG with Bradley - Pietrus - Pierce - Bass and Steamer/Melo but do we have enough money to sign them all?  We may have to consider EITHER Mayo or Humphries ( I prefer the latter) and draft the other position!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I like this scenario and agree with the choice of the two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ainge trading Rondo in the offseason.
    That's gotta be about 20 to 1.
    At this point, just wishful thinking by those posters who focus more on
    his weaknesses than his strengths.
    We do need a big man who can board and provide an interior presence on D.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Winning and losing aside, rondo is an exciting player who is fun to watch.  He sells tickets and draws audiences...something the c's will need when the big 3 are done.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Mayo-on-Celtics-I-dont-care-about-the-ba?%20blockID=692434&feedID=10424
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Put enough green in his pocket, and green will become his favorite color!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Getting Howard, I agree with you...I would love it !!! And Deron has not played super star status this year...how can one be that motivated playing with the NETS ? Bynum & Howard are the 2 best BIG MEN in the game. We really haven't dominated under the boards since Parrish, McHale & Bird days. We are a good jump shooting team and have had some PGs who can dribble to the basket and/or make an assist but mostly to another to make a jump shot. Rondo is very good in many categories but still not in the class of Rose, Westbrook, Paul etc. in being able to score. Dominating Big Men are very hard to get. PGs are easier & look how A.Bradley has developed. What if we get Doc's son ! Would be nice to have +10 in rebounds for a change & also someone who can block 3-5 shots which also gives us a chance to retain the ball. Get Howard/Deron Williams packaging Rondo & others.... Yes Indeed. I live in SF Bay area...am I California Dreaming ???  Of course, if we could get D.Howard to come without D. Williams just trading Rondo for Howard straight up, I'd do that too as I said PGs are easier to get/develop than Dominating centers !
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

You are too stupid, you say RONDO is not like the other PGs in the league. They concentrate on offense than being a PG.n So the only PG here is RONDO. Those PG's you have named are offense. There has been times when RONDO has scored when he has needed too. He makes it look easy going to the basket. RONDO stays. I dont want a knucklehead like Westbrook or Williams here they would not be able to handle the pressure here. RONDO is the right man for the job in BEANTOWN. Westbrook doesn't realize his role. OFTEN trying to steal the limelight from KD. DWill is not happy he just doesn't play. ROSE is injured prone and not a right fit. DEFINITION OF PG - pass first get team involved, if needed the last option is the PG for offense. IT IS NOT shoot first and IF some REASON I am stuck I may pass the BALL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Rondo bumped somebody. Big deal. He's young and hot headed. Of course Doc was upset. But he's not gonna trade him. Pierce made an emotional blunder in the playoffs a few years back; it would have been real smart if we'd gotten rid of him, wouldn't it. Rondo's the most talented player this team has drafted in many, many moons, probably since Pierce. Be happy you have him and stop whining about his disposition. Larry Bird wasn't exactly Mr. Personality, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]You are too stupid, you say RONDO is not like the other PGs in the league. They concentrate on offense than being a PG.n So the only PG here is RONDO. Those PG's you have named are offense. There has been times when RONDO has scored when he has needed too. He makes it look easy going to the basket. RONDO stays. I dont want a knucklehead like Westbrook or Williams here they would not be able to handle the pressure here. RONDO is the right man for the job in BEANTOWN. Westbrook doesn't realize his role. OFTEN trying to steal the limelight from KD. DWill is not happy he just doesn't play. ROSE is injured prone and not a right fit. DEFINITION OF PG - pass first get team involved, if needed the last option is the PG for offense. IT IS NOT shoot first and IF some REASON I am stuck I may pass the BALL.
    Posted by ojmega[/QUOTE]

Re: "You are too stupid" !!!

Did it not occur to you that the people who participate on these blogs are from all walks of life, different educational level, races, ages etc.  Many comments may seem completely idiotic to you but are you a member of the MENSA society( for the uniformed that’s people with High IQs).  I am a septuagenarian who some 50 years ago did score 120 on an IQ test.   So, unless you denote something tongue and cheek,  sarcasm etc., it would be nice if you responded without reference to one’s intelligence. Please, simply say something like "I disagree" or simply don’t respond if you do not wish to enlighten me/us with your wisdom !!!

I would be very interested in a survey or separate discussion, perhaps, on what Celtic fans would feel about a straight up trade...Rondo for D. Howard and not just numbers but their opinions, pro or con. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : Re: "You are too stupid" !!! Did it not occur to you that the people who participate on these blogs are from all walks of life, different educational level, races, ages etc.  Many comments may seem completely idiotic to you but are you a member of the MENSA society( for the uniformed that’s people with High IQs).  I am a septuagenarian who some 50 years ago did score 120 on an IQ test.   So, unless you denote something tongue and cheek,  sarcasm etc., it would be nice if you responded without reference to one’s intelligence. Please, simply say something like "I disagree" or simply don’t respond if you do not wish to enlighten me/us with your wisdom !!! I would be very interested in a survey or separate discussion, perhaps, on what Celtic fans would feel about a straight up trade...Rondo for D. Howard and not just numbers but their opinions, pro or con.   
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

You know what i respect that. I was not out to take another RONDO rant too many people dont know basketball. They like to come on here. After such an incident which is negative. Always want to trade a player who makes so much difference on the court. My opinion I dont want HOWARD here. RONDO is too special to give up. I apologize all these rants on poor RONDO they act like he is a wife beater, a negative asset, horrible player or out to take players off the court. The worst the guy has done is bump a ref. That suspension of the ball the ref didnt catch was awful. He didnt swing it at him but threw it underhand.
    The plastic water bottle at practice. That is all I would like to APOLOGIZE and say SORRY for my rant. I am a nice guy, we all get fed up. Thats what RONDO has shown if you think about it frustrations. HE is 25 working on the MENTAL TOUGHNESS of the game. Have a great weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible offseason moves to think about..... : You know what i respect that. I was not out to take another RONDO rant too many people dont know basketball. They like to come on here. After such an incident which is negative. Always want to trade a player who makes so much difference on the court. My opinion I dont want HOWARD here. RONDO is too special to give up. I apologize all these rants on poor RONDO they act like he is a wife beater, a negative asset, horrible player or out to take players off the court. The worst the guy has done is bump a ref. That suspension of the ball the ref didnt catch was awful. He didnt swing it at him but threw it underhand. The plastic water bottle at practice. That is all I would like to APOLOGIZE and say SORRY for my rant. I am a nice guy, we all get fed up. Thats what RONDO has shown if you think about it frustrations. HE is 25 working on the MENTAL TOUGHNESS of the game. Have a great weekend.
    Posted by ojmega[/QUOTE]

I said in a post when there was talk about a possible Rondo for Gasol trade that Rondo is a fantastic athlete and I think if trained he'd been a great soccer or tennis player. This is pure speculation but I think in a decathalon competing with a group of some basketball peers, he'd win 7 or 8 out of 10 events.

I've even said that I feel he and A. Bradley could turn out to be one of the best duo PG combinations in Celtic history. I've also said he can drive to the basket as good as any of the other star scoring PGs.

Re: His suspension I said in the first game thread " Some refs are complete Turkeys and many are former athletes & should realize players get emotional & not easy when one feels wronged on a play to bite your tongue but it would be egregious for Rondo to be suspended another game as the video shows he followed the ref talking to him & stepped on the ref’s foot & fell forward."

In short, I like Rondo. For some reason you don't want Howard here. I feel he and Bynum are the 2 best big men in the game & playing with KG, PP & maybe Ray Allen, whatever it is you don't like about him could be controlled, especially by KG. Since the McHale, Parrish & Bird days we do not dominate in the paint. We are a good jump shooting team but need to shoot 45-50 % as we almost always get out rebounded. Wouldn't it be nice to be 10+ in rebounds and have a center block some shots too which could give us the ball again for more chances so we could win just shooting 35-45 %. Personally, I'd like keep our team intact if we can't get Howard & we can't w/o giving up Rondo & draft a couple of banger centers & develop them. With Green & Wilcox returning, although not centers, they are good rebounders.

Amazing though that Pierce played PG when Rondo was out and was fantastic. However, at his age, I don't recommend he switch to PG !

By the way, re: suspension...one of the very basic Karate moves taught is that if someone is choking you, turn quickly & take your elbow & try & hit your attacker in the jaw, nose, face etc. Also, of course, for those into martial arts, try & step very hard on the foot of the person behind you. Take your fist & punch your other hand and then take your elbow & do it. The latter is considered one of the most lethal blows, deadlier than any punch. Is Artist a thug, mentally ill or not ? He should have been suspended for the rest of the season & they waited to see Harden had a mild concusion but he could have been maimed & career ending injured. 7 games suspension is an injustice !!!

Regarding having a great weekend, outcomes of the Sox & Celtic games will help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

No top line marquee player wants to join Boston save some poor soul who gets pushed there if his GM is a former celtic.

Ugh!

Sections
Shortcuts