Possible replacements.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Possible replacements.

I am interested in what you guys think.  There are, naturally, tons of rumors out there.  I have heard one or all of the following names linked - tell me what you think:

A.  Phil Jackson

B.  Brian Shaw

C.  Mike D'Antoni

D. Nate McMillan

E. Kurt Rambis

F.  Jerry Sloan

SVG, when asked if the lakers had contacted him - "Oh, I'm sure I'm at the top of their list" - always a great sense of humor!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Possible replacements.

Kobe!!!!! Player coach.....

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Howard has said he wants Phil.......................that seals it, don't you think?  With an extension on the line, they will give in to this spoiled brat yet again.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Jerry Sloan may be the most likely candidate on that list

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

As a Laker fan, Phil Jackson, the greatest coach of all-time in the NBA is the obvious choice. Although, Jerry Sloan is second on ym wish list and 3rd would is Nate McMillan.

Have a blessed day, and thank you hedley for showing so much concern for the Lakers coaching spot.

Winningest!!!  You must be more precise in your writing!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Do not think Sloan would want the job in LA. Not sure if Phil would want to get back into it, could be wrong on both. I would go with Rambis. No BS coach it would be play the game or have a seat or heres your ticket out of here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Brian Shaw.  Let's not feed the trolls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the way we're looking so far this year, i'm wondering if there's any way we can lump in doc rivers on a trade? will another team take him?

honestly- thrabbeus young and lavoy allen stifled our 4's tonight?  really.  bass plays like crap, green turns up with nothing again.  KG alone is the only one doing anything at the 4-5 positions.  going to be a sad year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i guess that's the long way of saying- has doc's "expiration date" of "being listened to as a coach" come and gone?  i cannot believe the stumbling and staggering we are doing this year with the same core group of players minus ray.  and frankly getting ray GONE was good for our offense so the no standing around wathcing ray run 227 curls to "come free" for a well contested fade away 22 footer

does anyone think rivers should go the way of mike brown if we are still looking at a crap team through the 20 game mark and WHY did we sign him forever (in coach years)- coaches in this league do not get listened to forever. 

only a mentally fatigued (read: sick and tired of their coach) team comes out and plays like this to start a year

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

LA would make my day, if they hire van Gundy just for the deja-vu effect on howard!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

This just in:

8m Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

As Lakers meet w/ Phil Jackson today, they've declined meetings w/ any other candidates, source says. "They're all in on Phil," source says.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Looks like it just might be PJ, the greatest coach of all time.

Hahaha!!!

Have a very blessed day!

Winningest.........son, you really need to watch that......greatest is too subjective, and cannot possibly be quantified.  Now, we have been over this numerous times.  You must either be thick, or unable to read................and I thought you took weekends off.  Another lie???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-coaches-in-NBA-history#tab=photo-title=Phil+Jackson+%25281%252C155-485%252C+70.4%2525%2529&photo=9955452

http://chasing23.com/ranking-the-five-greatest-nba-coaches-of-all-time/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Read the article (second one) and it is trash.................it claims two of the measures of a great coach are player development and X's and O's..................it then fails to mention any player Phil made better, and says "Phil was never an X and O guy", which means they don't know what they are talking about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Who would've thought? Excuses...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Who would've thought? Excuses...

Too subjective a topic...........like who is the greatest hitter of all time in baseball?  Cobb? Rose?  Williams?  Ruth?  Make your case and it could be any of them.

Lenny Wilkens has THE MOST wins of any NBA coach........and as I have said, I don't even think Phil is the greatest lakers coach of all time - that would be Riley!

Sections
Shortcuts