Possible Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Possible Trades

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/606464-nba-trade-rumors-carmelo-anthony-aaron-brooks-and-the-latest-nba-trade-buzz/entry/47592-boston-celtics-are-the-celtics-looking-to-make-a-trade-before-the-deadline

Looks like Corey Brewer or Parker from the Cavs might be on the radar!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Possible Trades

Brewer would be a good long defender off the bench. I wouldn't mind him BUT Ainge would be a fool to give up Luke, AB, Quis and a pick for him. HECK NO!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Why do we need to trade?
    All we need is chiropractor, sport med. & a time to heal.

With the exception of the status of Daniels,
        if you trade....you add and minus. It's working now, why subtract someone and add someone you don't know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Possible Trades:
    [QUOTE]Why do we need to trade? All we need is chiropractor, sport med. & a time to heal. With the exception of the status of Daniels,     if you trade....you add and minus. It's working now, why subtract someone and add someone you don't know?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

We need help offf the bench and our youg guns are not ready to help at this point. They are good, and probably will be decent players, but we only have a small window to work with. Brewer fits the mold of player that Danny seems to like. A rondo clone, with better offense. Hope fully, we get him where he is just starting to develop.These are game changers, and relentless defensive hounds. Isn't that why you accumulate all the chips? Its a lot to give up, I know, but with all the injuries, we need help now, not in two years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Che is still asking the question of "why we need to trade". Like there are SFs just walking around the street that can step into a team that can win a title.

Wake up man!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...but you don't know if that man will deliver or not. you know very well what you got is a winning group....it's been proven. why disect?
    if ain't broken don't fix it. just need to heal.

as i said, with the exeption of daniels- if his status is doom and cannot come back then you do your move.
    we don't have any say....only Ainge counts, not you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its true, that sometimes, the trade that isn't made is the best one...But by the same token, we didn't know if Kg, Ra, and Pierce would jell, we did'nt know if Quis would contribute, we did'nt know if Allen could still help us, we did'nt know if Nate would be able to contribute to the team concept, an yet they all did. Only Ainge knows for sure if a trade needs to be made, and he will make that call, but I for one, feel that you take  the young gun with potential if you feel that you can develop that talent to help within the overall team goals.If the price is right, and all we are giving up is scrap parts that are nothing more than practice bodies at this time. Its not like we are giving up any of the core of the team. And lets face it, we are not getting younger. Stay tuned..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

My point is we aren't even at the end of the season and we're now counting on our starters to go more minutes, which in the long run isn't good.

Doc just said "we need a 3". As many times as Doc beats around the bush and tries to remain coy, he wasn't with that comment.

Do you just want to dog the starters until the playoffs and then wonder why we lose in the ECF??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

My point is we aren't even at the end of the season and we're now counting on our starters to go more minutes, which in the long run isn't good.

but bias...that reasoning does not constitute to do trading...adjustment is the answer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

YOu say "tomAto" and I say "toMAto" You're mincing words. The point is a move needs to be made. If they want a guy off the street I will tryout. If they want to win #18 they need to make a trade. You aren't getting a guy to walk off the street that can make a difference.

I know everyone likes the makeup of the team but when things start falling apart hard decisions have to be made and someone may have to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

And now we hear that West reinjured his wrist...All these signs lead me to think that a move is coming...but also that means in the end the Celts will be better for it....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

know everyone likes the makeup of the team but when things start falling apart hard decisions have to be made and someone may have to go.

what da 何くそあなたが話していますか?
    we are not falling apart....it's just your wrong assessment.
    wonder why everyone are laughing at your trade proposal.

guarantee, I will come back & poke u. If Ainge will do his move, anything
    you proposed will not be mentioned. u don't count.

Remember, Ainge brought the past and present roster, no one predicted
      those players will be playing for the Celtics....none... so cut it out! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trades : We need help offf the bench and our youg guns are not ready to help at this point. They are good, and probably will be decent players, but we only have a small window to work with. Brewer fits the mold of player that Danny seems to like. A rondo clone, with better offense. Hope fully, we get him where he is just starting to develop.These are game changers, and relentless defensive hounds. Isn't that why you accumulate all the chips? Its a lot to give up, I know, but with all the injuries, we need help now, not in two years.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

We don't need help off the bench, we need the bench not to be starting and teh key bench players hurt.

Assuming health, here is the playoff rotation: da troof, da big ticket, Shaq, Jesus Shuttlesworth, and RR.

Perk to spell Shaq, Baby to spell KG and Shaq and Perk, West to spell Rondo and Jesus... West will run the team in the forf quarter when they need a scorer that can actually shoot when they are in tight games.

So Perk is the 6th guy, Baby is 7th, West is 8th, and the starters will have to step up and play more minutes which is normal for the playoffs.  Semih could get some minutes depending on how things are going game by game.

Nate will get some minutes to provide "microwave" minutes and if healthy Daniels will get some minutes at the 3.

Otherwise the other guys will be hawking their rings in a few years.

Harangody, Wafer, Bradley, and J O'N will not get a sniff in the playoffs and if they do that means there are injuries and that means they are not going to raise #18 and that is a bad thing.

I will stunned if there are any trades let alone any meaningful trades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If gody, bradley, jo, and wafer don't get a sniff in the play offs, and there is a sf that can contribute now and for future, why not?But I would keep wafer and nate, as they CAN contribute now and in the play offs in a pinch...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Che, you know I am not an advocate of "trade," because I know we have a good team, but let's be real at this time, we do need a trade.

Bias is right at this time. We definitely need a trade. MD is hurt and even if he comes back, he might be drained physically or mentally, or both. So,  while take the risk and regret it later.

DA and Doc said yesterday that we need a SF and I agree with them. The problem now is how to acquire one because we do need one.

So Che, please join the bandwagon.

If a man is a debtor, the wife must learn to say, "he is not home"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]  know everyone likes the makeup of the team but when things start falling apart hard decisions have to be made and someone may have to go. what da 何くそあなたが話していますか? we are not falling apart....it's just your wrong assessment. wonder why everyone are laughing at your trade proposal. guarantee, I will come back & poke u. If Ainge will do his move, anything you proposed will not be mentioned. u don't count. Remember, Ainge brought the past and present roster, no one predicted   those players will be playing for the Celtics....none... so cut it out! 

Che - Please get your head out the sand ok!  LOL!

We need a MOVE, TRADE, ADJUSTMENT, FIX, A DR, REST, HEALTHY BODIES, A TRYOUT, Larry Bird, John Havlicek. Doc just told you and you still want to dispute it. Geesh!!

Call it whatever you want too but we had 10 guys the other day....TEN! What is your problem??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

PP's assortment of foot and hand ailments are the culmination of all the minutes he has to log up to now. To give him time to heal and rest up for the playoffs his minutes need to be reduced, but in order to do that we need someone who can step up and fill in off the bench. Let's look at our current roster---Daniels is injured (same neck / spinal region which has plagued him in the past) and will most likely not be the same player IF he even returns this year; Luke is a slow-footed 6'6" power forward who would have trouble covering most SF; Wafer is a 6'5" shooting guard who doesn't have the strength to match up with most SF. What does that leave us with?  NADA!!! As BiasLewis correctly surmised, decent SF are not simply there for the taking, we need to make a trade. Avery, Nate, Luke and draft picks are our main trading assets at this time. Granted not much, but it should be enough to get us a serviceable 3 who can play D and give PP the rest he so desperately needs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

sky is falling again!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Let's just put it this way, if all of us don't want a trade it will be CHE who will want a trade. CHE will always go against what the majority wants.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Don't be so thick....
       I said over and over, if Daniels status is doom, Ainge has a right to make a decision---to trade or not to trade.
    If Daniels can recover and the doctor will approve his status, why do we need to trade?

So, who will you subtract and add? 
    What do you get by trading Bradley & Harangody?
    To use our hi-pick next draft, who's gonna take it? 
    So Ainge has no heart to get rid of Daniels while in the serious condition?
    Maybe, he has done it before---ask Powe.
    Anyone would like to take the ailing Daniels?
    Why trade Robinson? How many times he bailed us out?
    Baby? you want to get rid of this gold? Are you sick?
    So it boils down to Semih, do you want to get rid of  young prospect too?
    Who will take the broken legs JO? Are NBA teams stupid?
    Hit the reality!!

Overall, everyone wants a quality replacement but what is your chip?
    These 15 players are paid in full.

Yell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I doubt the C's want to put a guy on the court who has had and has a spinal injury even if he says he's 100% because it;s such a risky injury.

Haven't we seen enough tragedy with this team over the years? Hence my username!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Why do we need to trade? All we need is chiropractor, sport med. & a time to heal. With the exception of the status of Daniels,     if you trade....you add and minus. It's working now, why subtract someone and add someone you don't know?

Stop this vomit

You have been told time and again how a trade to upgrade the bench that deals away picks and or players not in our 2 year championship rotation is the best possible move if you want to see another banner in the rafters

I guess you don't

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Corey Brewer would be nice.
    Dont' think we need Brooks, but he wouldn't be bad, either!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Corey Brewer would be nice. Dont' think we need Brooks, but he wouldn't be bad, either!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/2/15/1996163/celts-upgrade-back-up-sg-sf-with-future-starters   Here's some more food for thought

green or Evan Turner???I would hate to see Perk Go..But if he doen't re sign, we may lose him next year...Those teams want a Center..maybe theyll take JO??HAHA...or Semih

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Corey Brewer would be nice. Dont' think we need Brooks, but he wouldn't be bad, either!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Brewer is a bigger, better, younger Marquis Daniels

same skill set, no 3's, very smooth around basket, banks shots from paint, skinny persky defender with quick hands and smart decisions with the ball. not a star but a legit 6th-7th man. If you give him 16 mins behind Paul he'll be very good. He wouldn't be better than Prince or Battier but he'd be better than Posey.

He'd be an '08 Posey w/o a 3 point shot but instead of 31 he'll be 25 and we could keep him around to just get better.

I'd trade for him

Sections
Shortcuts