Possible Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Possible Trades

Perk is a beast and we need him to repeat... Jeff green is a poor defender of SF's who battles gamely against PF's in the way guys like Gomes and Leon Powe did here.

His talents are on offense where he'd only be playing behind Pierce and Ray and then be a FA. This season they are all-stars and you don't just cut their minutes down and expect a newcomer to make the team keep humming.

Green would play 16-18 mins a game here where his offense talents are overall wasted in s reserve role and he not be as good a choice to defend LeBron as Pierce is, and that is where we need help. Harass LeBron for 8 mins with a gritty defender while pierce catches his breathe and can score in the 4th quarter and/or play with the bench or SG for a bit.

The best move for a 1 yr guy (who could walk this summer) would be Battier or Prince. Even Posey, who knows the system could do almost a good a job as Green, who would play the same or slightly worse defense while demanding the ball over waiting in the corner for clutch 3's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you can get a talent for the future in Turner for Baby and Avery you have to do that, a smuch as Baby is a key for us.

You just have to have made an adjoining trade that lands us a forward, the type who could log some of the bu Sf role we currently need most (Turner can play some SG-SF) and the bu PF role Baby just left. Maybe Sheed would come back.

But that is a big risk. come playoffs You'd have to know Perk gives you 32 mins @ C and Shaq 16. Then KG can give you 36 mins @ PF and either another player you traded for or JON/Rasheed can give you 12 @ PF.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mayo would be the most interesting idea.

If you can land him for Nate, Avery and a 1st rd pick... wow gotta do that.

He'd be dynamite off the bench with West. Here is a 23 year old man w/ a lot of talent who would be able to avoid his small flaws here. Not a true PG, but West plays PG, Mayo's tall enough to guard most 2's but DWest can as well and let him be a mismatch for PG's.

Only role is give 100% on D and score your points your way off the bench. Like Nate was  allowed to try and do. Mayo's a solid enough shooter. 45/38/80 the previous 2 years. Nate right now is a 41/33/82 in 18 mins.

Mayo is an instant upgrade. Team would even transition fine, already they're having Nate re-adjust back to training camp days with DWest, bringing in a better player just makes a current work in progress better. Give him 18-20 mins behind Ray... who should only play 28-30.... and he's a 10 point 2 rebound, 2 assist 1 steal guy that kills other teams off the bench.

How can he be worse than Nate has been? The PED stuff following the USC stuff hurt him. He's gotta be thinking about his career, just working hard keeping his nose clean and looking like a winner on the C's. gladly accepting a role... would make him be like Nate was last year, valuable again... only better all around and 6'4"/23, not 5'8" and 27.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Possible Trades:

[QUOTE]Don't be so thick....    I said over and over, if Daniels status is doom, Ainge has a right to make a decision---to trade or not to trade. If Daniels can recover and the doctor will approve his status, why do we need to trade? So, who will you subtract and add?  What do you get by trading Bradley & Harangody? To use our hi-pick next draft, who's gonna take it?  So Ainge has no heart to get rid of Daniels while in the serious condition? Maybe, he has done it before---ask Powe. Anyone would like to take the ailing Daniels? Why trade Robinson? How many times he bailed us out? Baby? you want to get rid of this gold? Are you sick? So it boils down to Semih, do you want to get rid of  young prospect too? Who will take the broken legs JO? Are NBA teams stupid? Hit the reality!! Overall, everyone wants a quality replacement but what is your chip? These 15 players are paid in full.  

Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

-

Che is Che and Che is so damn right there's nothing left.

If, MD is doomed, and I don't think he is, then Ainge may feel the necessity to make a trade.  But what will he get and who will he give up? That is the pertinent question. 

And the likes of you have no good answer to that question.  Do you know why, because the likes of you don't know enough about the business of basketball or the game of basketball which is sorely evident by the sorry content of most of the posts going up here everyday.

As the conventional wisdom goes, sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm content to roll the dice with the players we have now.  Gamble on health, that was the plan from the get go.

I remember when so many of you on this board were very, very adamant about the absolute necessity of trading Ray Allen, and anyone who did not agree with you was characterized as blind, deaf, and dumb. 

How'd that work out for you?

The trade not done.

GM wanna-b's need not apply for Ainge's job.

All this trade speculation is an exercise in self-aggrandizing for the backseat-driver's club whose members probably can't even manage their own lives very well let alone the Celtics organization.

This team is a fine tuned machine and no trades will be made unless it is a sure thing to put the C's over the top and help ensure a title.  There are no trades out there of that nature.

At best, any moves Danny makes, I bet, will be of a stop-gap nature.

Get real, and remember how you all insisted that Ray Allen, had to bemust be traded!  How'd that work out for you?

Same old tired arguments, same old wanna-b's, new season.

Just remember, we must make a BIG trade for a BIG backup 3!  OR THE C'S ARE DOOMED!!!! 

I wonder how that will work out for you all.

You're trying to put yourselves in a can't lose situation: if the Celtic's trade and win you were right, and if they trade and lose, you can say that at least they gave it their best shot, and if they don't trade and lose you can say , I told you so. 

But if they don't trade and win, how many of you will say, I'm so glad I was wrong, so glad the C's didn't make a trade but rather were patient with their guys, waiting for them to get healthy?

No one, right?   Just like hardly anyone admitted they were wrong about trading Ray Allen.  You're all big Ray fans, now, right?

Ha, ha, ha.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

No one is saying that a tradeMUST be made...just looking at the possibilities. Whats wrong with that? Do you mean if some idiot GM decides to hand over a talent just like how we signed KG and RA,,Danny doen't go for it. I don't recommend trading just for the sake of trading..thats nonsense. but, if the right opportunity presents itselft, I'm sure Danny will make that decision..I have full confidence in him to do that. thats what he gets paid for. My self, I just like to consider the options that may come along. nothing wrong with that. I dont't take it so personal.Would I have recommended trading RA for a young gun last year. Yeah, for the right price, you have to do it. But yes, I am a great Ra fan. Even Danny said himself, he would have traded Bird, for the right deal.Its a business,,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]No one is saying that a tradeMUST be made...just looking at the possibilities. Whats wrong with that? Do you mean if some idiot GM decides to hand over a talent just like how we signed KG and RA,,Danny doen't go for it. I don't recommend trading just for the sake of trading..thats nonsense. but, if the right opportunity presents itselft, I'm sure Danny will make that decision..I have full confidence in him to do that. thats what he gets paid for. My self, I just like to consider the options that may come along. nothing wrong with that. I dont't take it so personal.Would I have recommended trading RA for a young gun last year. Yeah, for the right price, you have to do it. But yes, I am a great Ra fan. Even Danny said himself, he would have traded Bird, for the right deal.Its a business,,

Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

-

Well, that's all well and good, Ortiz, but as I see it, many people are saying that we must make a trade (and implying that if you don't agree, you are stupid) and it reminds me of the whole "trade Ray Allen" phenom of a few years ago. 

I can show you a post from the archives where Petey was patiently trying to explain to me why is is of the utmost, vital importance that we trade an aging, ineffective Ray Allen so we get something for his expiring contract. And he was serious!  (Yeah, I have a long memory.)

And why would anyone in his right mind have traded Ray last year?  For whom?  This type of speculation is ridiculous and demeaning to our players as is so much of the discourse on this board.  This is a fan board, is it not?  Or is it a hater board?  Let's hate on our team because they are struggling.

Just take Perk for instance:  how stupid do you have to be to not understand how good Perk is, how important he is to the Celtic's success?  There are a lot of stupid people on this board who don't really know a thing about professional basketball and that is very well illustrated by posters comments about Perk.

So why should we think they are any smarter when it comes to running a basketball team and making personnel decisions?  I rest my case.

If your child is struggling in school,or injured, do you start looking for possible trades, for another kid, a better kid, a brighter kid, a healther kid who can fill in the missing pieces of your self-esteem that you have so wrapped up in him or her? Or do you support your kid and root for him or her to get better, to do better?

And if you believe Danny Ainge's hyperbole, about trading Bird, well, he probably has some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

I understand that you started this thread for fun, Possible Trades, and that some people like this kind of thing, looking around the league and wondering who is available that could help the C's, but there is a whole nother contingent of fans out here who see this as a type of betrayal of our team, but who, more importantly, also see it as people who don't know enough, acting as though they do know enough, enough to 2nd guess the professionals who have done a pretty damn good job of running the Celtics.  Only one team can win the title each year, and except for bad luck injuries and the corrupt NBA, we could have 3 titles -- that's pretty good management. 

Don't believe for a minute that Danny was ever serious about trading Ray unless he could get a top 10 player in return and nobody, no fool, bit.

So, yeah, to some of us the endless, foolish trade talk is very irritating, and if some fools feel it is their right to insist that we must make a trade, then I guess it is alright for us fools who support the team and it's managers to call them out on their foolishness and let them know how irritating it is to us.

Remember all the nonsense trade threads last week?  KG for Darth Vadar? They are about to start up again in earnest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trades : Brewer is a bigger, better, younger Marquis Daniels same skill set, no 3's, very smooth around basket, banks shots from paint, skinny persky defender with quick hands and smart decisions with the ball. not a star but a legit 6th-7th man. If you give him 16 mins behind Paul he'll be very good. He wouldn't be better than Prince or Battier but he'd be better than Posey. He'd be an '08 Posey w/o a 3 point shot but instead of 31 he'll be 25 and we could keep him around to just get better. I'd trade for him
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Always the voice of reason!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I agree with you that some times, a players name gets thrown out there just to see who bites, and gets the trade winds blowing. It is designed to get the players attention, that no body is untradeable, but comparing, a player to your kid is a little to far fetched. This is a business, pure and simple. Yes, I do get attached to certain players, no doubt, at the same time, I won't let it get me to attached that I lose all reasonable decision making thoughts. Some people have to send their  their kids to drug addiction clinics in order to get themstaighten out... But seriously, this is just for fun and I enjoy the comments, even the wilde ones. I don't take it so serious that i can't have fun with it. Other wise, whats the point? ..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Some posters hate 'em, but, except for the ridiculous ones, I love these trade threads. 
    Che, I think it's time to stop qualifying your trade comments with ...if Marquis is not ok.  Personally, with his type of injury plus the fact that it's a recurring issue, I think DA has already made up his mind.  Not a question of if, only when and who.  If you keep up with the maybe trade, maybe no trade talk, you're gonna be blowing as much smoke as your Fidel icon.

If DA deals for quality, watch out Nate (expiring contract) and Semih (good young prospect).  Both of them are valid bargaining chips.  That's usually how a trade goes down.  To get something of value, you've got to give something of value.  It's not just spinning the wheels on the trade machine and getting a "this trade works."

With a buyout, we may get lucky and get to scale back on who goes.  But then, Ainge has got to get the owners to cough up more $$$.  How much of a possiblilty is that? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Like to see them give Deshawn Sims a look, but need to move/cut someone to open up the roster spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/02/celtics-eyeing-hamilton-and-murphy.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Some posters hate 'em, but, except for the ridiculous ones, I love these trade threads.  Che, I think it's time to stop qualifying your trade comments with ...if Marquis is not ok.  Personally, with his type of injury plus the fact that it's a recurring issue, I think DA has already made up his mind.  Not a question of if, only when and who.  If you keep up with the maybe trade, maybe no trade talk, you're gonna be blowing as much smoke as your Fidel icon. If DA deals for quality, watch out Nate (expiring contract) and Semih (good young prospect).  Both of them are valid bargaining chips.  That's usually how a trade goes down.  To get something of value, you've got to give something of value.  It's not just spinning the wheels on the trade machine and getting a "this trade works." With a buyout, we may get lucky and get to scale back on who goes.  But then, Ainge has got to get the owners to cough up more $$$.  How much of a possiblilty is that? 
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Che apparently values pick #29, 20 year old Avery Bradley and injured fringe rotation players better than BANNERS.

The celts needed and upgrade for the bench each of the last two trade deadlines ('09 we assumed KG would be back for the playoffs) to be really strong and the fav's to win it all

DA responded with mMikki Moore/Marbury in '09 and the House-Nate swap last year. Ugh. BOTH were dud's in '09 and you may as well have just kept House last year.

Even if he was healthy Marquis had not lived up to or done his job consistently and he was NEVER the type of defensive SF we needed anyhow. His injury is scary, bump his neck again and he needs a stretcher? All the best 'Quis but we need to move on, it is about 18 right now. Get Battier, Brewer or Thornton if possible. Get Posey as a last resort.

Besides, if we trade 'quis its mostly b/c he has an expiring contract. We will give up 2-4 players to get back 1-2. 'Quis can be bought out and re-join us in a month. Just prob not as a major rotation guy.

Nate is a 32% 3-point shooter and 41% overall this year who has really struggled and now has a bruised knee. I think we can upgrade his position as well if the possibility of a Ben Gordon or OJ Mayo were actually out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trades : Bingo! Che apparently values pick #29, 20 year old Avery Bradley and injured fringe rotation players better than BANNERS. The celts needed and upgrade for the bench each of the last two trade deadlines ('09 we assumed KG would be back for the playoffs) to be really strong and the fav's to win it all DA responded with mMikki Moore/Marbury in '09 and the House-Nate swap last year. Ugh. BOTH were dud's in '09 and you may as well have just kept House last year. Even if he was healthy Marquis had not lived up to or done his job consistently and he was NEVER the type of defensive SF we needed anyhow. His injury is scary, bump his neck again and he needs a stretcher? All the best 'Quis but we need to move on, it is about 18 right now. Get Battier, Brewer or Thornton if possible. Get Posey as a last resort. Besides, if we trade 'quis its mostly b/c he has an expiring contract. We will give up 2-4 players to get back 1-2. 'Quis can be bought out and re-join us in a month. Just prob not as a major rotation guy. Nate is a 32% 3-point shooter and 41% overall this year who has really struggled and now has a bruised knee. I think we can upgrade his position as well if the possibility of a Ben Gordon or OJ Mayo were actually out there.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Jermaine, Nate and Bradley to NJ, Murphy to Detroit and Gordon to Boston.

That works, and we don't lose any UCONN guys!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trades : Jermaine, Nate and Bradley to NJ, Murphy to Detroit and Gordon to Boston. That works, and we don't lose any UCONN guys!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

hahaha IN A HEARTBEAT

I think mine was JON/Von to Indy

Dahntay Jones, Avery, Nate, Quis, 1st rd pick to Detroit

Gordon and Posey to boston

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Don't say it too loud, Che che is listening...But the Lakers lost to the Cavs!
    Maybe they will trade with us....I don't know if I would take any of their guys...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Don't say it too loud, Che che is listening...But the Lakers lost to the Cavs! Maybe they will trade with us....I don't know if I would take any of their guys...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

They might trade Artest for Robinson.  LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trades : They might trade Artest for Robinson.  LMAO
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2180221/ainge-celtics-fielding-calls-possible-trades

Sections
Shortcuts