Post 2010-2011 Playoff DA trade thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Post 2010-2011 Playoff DA trade thread

I wanted to wait until the playoffs were over to post my thoughts on DA's trade.
    The short is it didn't have the effect he wanted.
    The hole he wanted to plug (rest for PP and more points off the bench) didn't work as well as any of us hoped for.
    And in doing it, he created a few new holes.
    At the end of last season, our biggest problem was a lack of bigs.
    Ainge corrected that, but in the middle of the season, he reopened it.
    Perk will always have his shortcomings, but he is not without his strengths.
    Inside enforcer presence and team chemistry went down after he left.
    And he was missed both late in the season and in this series.
    Maybe we rebuild better because of the trade (Perk probably would not have come back next year) but I thought this year was supposed to be about this year.
    Verdict: Trade hurt us.
    OK, I got this off my chest.
    Looking forward to next year.
    Go Celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Post 2010-2011 Playoff DA trade thread

In Response to Post 2010-2011 Playoff DA trade thread:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to wait until the playoffs were over to post my thoughts on DA's trade. The short is it didn't have the effect he wanted. The hole he wanted to plug (rest for PP and more points off the bench) didn't work as well as any of us hoped for. And in doing it, he created a few new holes. At the end of last season, our biggest problem was a lack of bigs. Ainge corrected that, but in the middle of the season, he reopened it. Perk will always have his shortcomings, but he is not without his strengths. Inside enforcer presence and team chemistry went down after he left. And he was missed both late in the season and in this series. Maybe we rebuild better because of the trade (Perk probably would not have come back next year) but I thought this year was supposed to be about this year. Verdict: Trade hurt us. OK, I got this off my chest. Looking forward to next year. Go Celtics
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Note sure if the Perk trade hurt us that much, but I never liked the Erden trade for a 2nd rounder. Erden is not Perk, but would have played interior defense, and could have given hard fouls on Wade and Lebron. We got Troy Murphy instead, and DOC never used the guy! Next year, I would like to see a few of the big three come off the bench!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

The only bad move that DA made this year was signing Pierce to a 6 year contract.  I'll be the first to say it, "Paul is no longer a starter for a championship calibre team".

Hopefully DA can politely ask PP, KG and Doc to retire.

And even more hopefully, THEY WILL!!!

PA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Post 2010-2011 Playoff DA trade thread:
    [QUOTE]The only bad move that DA made this year was signing Pierce to a 6 year contract.  I'll be the first to say it, "Paul is no longer a starter for a championship calibre team". Hopefully DA can politely ask PP, KG and Doc to retire. And even more hopefully, THEY WILL!!! PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

He is no longe a top five player but a starter? Come on. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Oh the hard cap is coming and teams will be able to cut any guy they want,and the NFL system is coming with signing bonuses and no more guaranteed contracts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

jtkl,

You're right maybe that was a little harsh(probably just that his guy torched him in the second half, once he was off the bench after picking up the stupid fouls in the first half).  However he is no longer capable of being the top banana on a championship team - not for the Bulls, the Mavs, the Heat, the Thunder, or the Griz.

The run is over! 

PA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

It wasn't just the Perk trade that did Boston in. Ainge's trades on that day severely decreased Boston's depth. Ainge traded Perk, Robinson, Erden, and Harangody. Perkins would have been the Celtics starter, Robinson (who I wasn't a fan of) would have been a decent backup (behind Rondo, West, and Arroyo!), Erden was getting starters minutes and was doing fairly well. Harangody was a decent tweener who could hit from the perimeter. Boston got Green and Krstic. Green is too soft and because of this Doc limited him to I believe 19 minutes a game. Krstic would have helped against Miami but he is a liability on defense and because of this he hardly got any minutes. Because of Ainge's moves on that day Doc was forced to rely on an aging and injured group of players. Ainge should never have blown up a team that was clearly the best in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

At the end of tonight's game would Perk, Nate, Erden, or Harangody have been in?  Other than perk would they have even played - suited up?

PA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Post 2010-2011 Playoff DA trade thread:
    They weren't the best team at the deadline. They were the best team with a healthy shaq,but after he got hurt they didn't have enough low post scoring to be the best team. 

Rondo got hurt early in the 3rd,so that was going to happen with or without the trades.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It didn't work due to the health issues of the ONeals. Shaq only played when it didn't count and JO missed too many games overall and still couldn't give us enough minutes in the playoffs. So Perk was missed, and so Danny gambled and lost.

Oh, and I don't like Green.

Sections
Shortcuts