Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on.

RAY ALLEN IS THE BIGGEST BARGAIN IN THE NBA

The Celtics are lucky the Knicks or Bulls didn't offer Ray Allen $12M for 4 yrs when they had the chance last summer........

A second yr at $10M ?

Perfectly reasonable and when they give him a $5M extension for 2012-2013 I hope you're not surprised.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on.:
    In Response to Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on. : Use Dictionary.com before you make an asinine reply. And you wonder why Bostonians are all viewed as Archie Bunkers.
    Posted by lakersavenger

i suppose my reply was a bit asinine. regardless, fogeys isn't correctly spelled foggies at dictionary.com or anywhere else. also, my experience is that those who are quick to invoke the race card are more likely themselves to be the actual racists. and i'm not from boston. cool city, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

lastly lakers avenger...whats changed... 1. the cs have a black coach who signed on for 5 more years...and will be coach of the cs for 13 years... 2. boston has the newer big 3 who are all black and loved.... 3. shaq loved boston.... 4. deval patrick is black and elected 2 times... 5. obama carried mass by 90%..... 6. Bill russell didnt attend his retirement because of the media....LEARN YOUR HISTORY...The media was his feud...If russell hated boston why does he still come here?....If he didnt feel atleast at peace or like the city of boston...Times change..you should change and stop with the archie reference...Because that shows little mind..And shows that you can be tough by the web..and not in life So is boston racist???? NOT....Im just putting you down by saying what you are when you use words like archie....and ill call you boogie.....Grow up like the rest of the world and change like the rest of us have.
    Posted by DoctorCO

When you all stop calling the Lakers fakers and kobe the rapist et al I will return the civility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Bill Russell had issues with boston..BUT DID NOT HATE BOSTON.....He came back and the CITY IS MAKING A STATUE OF HIM......So is that HATE??????.......hmmm...And boston has a BLACK GOVERNER who got elected 2 TIMES....Wheres the racisim son?....Barak obama went to school and has come to boston MANY TIMES...HE TAKES HIS FAMILY for VACATION here....And If boston is so racist?..Why do we love Doc rivers as a coach?????...Remmeber when KG was traded to boston..He asked chauncey ..Is all of that racist stuff true..WHAT DID CHAUNCEY SAY?????....no it isnt....Look at how boston embraces pedro martinez, DOMINICAN BLACK, DAVID ORTIZ...SAME, BILL RUSSELL, ROBERT PARRISH, JOJO WHITE, PAul PIERCE, RAY ALLEN...All dark skined athletes.....ALL LOVED IN BOSTON...WHAT did shaq A BLACK MAN SAY ABOUT BOSTON?...How much he loved it and the people of sudbury....YOUR info is wrong son!!! get with the times. Boston has GROWN SINCE the 1970's and the 80's.....BOSTON has a TWO TIME ELECTED BLACK GOVERNER!!!! is that racist?...Sorry to burst your spot...Do your research..before you say such stupid things..Last Bill russell Looking back with boston loved red and the people WHO WERE HIS FRIENDS...Rememeber at that time boston did not SEGRGATE anything..So russell went to where ever he liked. google...russell and the media in boston..Russells feud was with the media..PArt of the reconsiliation with boston was that russell saw THE FANS WHO LOVED and STILL LOVE HIM...He was honored and humbled AT THE STATUE that is BEING BUILT IN HIS HONOR...So talk then you dark skined faker fan as "THEN"...NOW you have no idea.............And with your archie statements...Makes you seem like your team...FAKE like the FAKERS....
    Posted by DoctorCO

Here we go again, Arch. Russell only in recent years has come to terms with Boston's racist history. MY remarks were about the Russell back then. What I posted is well documented history. Also, no one ever called him a n***** while he was on the court, it was when he was out of the arena. Bostonians wanted him and admired him while he was wearing green but didn't want him or his kind living next door or eating in the same restaurant. Not my thoughts, his.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Boston's fans that think that trading Perkins was a good thing are obviously the same fans that have been watching the Celtics lose for 24 of the past 25 years. That trade launched the Celtics on a downward spiral and they are already irrelevant. The Lakers on the other hand will be 1 year removed from winning back to back titles which looks a lot more promising. Also the fact that Kobe will be well rested and ready for this upcoming season. I'm just sayin'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantown5. Show beantown5's posts

Gotta love Faker fan that spends 5 hours a day thinking about the Boston Celtics. Maybe it's because he just can't deal with the SWEEPING demise of his own team so he has to spend all day trying to solve our problems.

Next week you can help Miami out with their problems. you never know, maybe someone will finally see your genius and ask you to be the GM of their fantasy basketball team next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Gotta love Faker fan that spends 5 hours a day thinking about the Boston Celtics. Maybe it's because he just can't deal with the SWEEPING demise of his own team so he has to spend all day trying to solve our problems. Next week you can help Miami out with their problems. you never know, maybe someone will finally see your genius and ask you to be the GM of their fantasy basketball team next year.
    Posted by beantown5

I'm more amused about the fact that the longest threads on this site concern the Lakers. You guys talk about the Lakers almost as much as you do about the Celtics. So who's spending so much time about who? I come here to set the record straight with you reactionary Bunkers who spew nothing but hate towards the greatest franchise in history, the Lakers. Answer me this, why is it that you cs fans post so much about the Lakers? Why? And why so much constant Laker namecalling and belittling of their accomplishments. On the other side at Laker forums the Celtics are rarely even mentioned. If this site didn't obscess so much about the Lakers, us Laker trolls wouldn't even bother to come here. But you keep spreading the lies and hate and it just draws Lakers defenders even more. So get used to it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

Your star player won't even acknowledge the handpicked coach.   That sure is the start of another run.  Their all time greats won't even acknowledge the organization.  Kareem's had enough, Jerry who I admit was great making the decisions is now in Golden State.  Sounds like this organization is crumbling.  The last games of this season ended pathetically with Bynum going after a 5'2" point guard and Odom trying to hurt someone so that he wouldn't be on the floor to watch his teammates get slaughtered.....I wouldn't call this a top notch organization when everything is in shambles.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"When you all stop calling the Lakers fakers and kobe the rapist et al I will return the civility."

Umm well first off it's not a Lakers forum or an NBA forum it's a Celts forum. 

Second, you are playing the game of "as long as someone acts like an idiot I am allowed to act like an even bigger idiot." That's a great way to send the world down the tubes. 

Actually integrity is something you should have for your own reasons, not because other people don't have it. 

The shame of it is that you actually diminish by your behavior and mocking of the Celtics one of the great rivalries in sports. Ali-Frazier type fights are made because both fighters are respected and worthy foes. That's how I see the rivalry. But you can't allow yourself to see it that way because if you did there would be no justification for you acting like an Internet tough guy in a forum where you are not wanted. 

See ya.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Well, since my name is Archie, let me tell you my fine feathered Faker patsy, " You meathead, you're dead from the neck up...and Kobe is still a gutless, whiney, spoiled RAPIST!" So There! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! And odom won't be married to that Fat Ugly Kardashian sister as soon as he quits basketball, because that's what LA is all about...frontrunning and superficiality...SHOWTIME! HA!
    Posted by jfaust1954

You know, I actually could see you on your old overstuffed arm chair typing this hate just the way you did in the 70's, Arch. I lmao when I read your post just the way I laughed at you back then when you were on tv. You Bunkers are a riot. I'm waiting for you to start your diatribe on Jews, blacks, and gays, just like you did in the old days, Arch. You are exactly like the typical keltic fan and that is why I love to come here and extinguish the ol' cigar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Boston's fans that think that trading Perkins was a good thing are obviously the same fans that have been watching the Celtics lose for 24 of the past 25 years. That trade launched the Celtics on a downward spiral and they are already irrelevant. The Lakers on the other hand will be 1 year removed from winning back to back titles which looks a lot more promising. Also the fact that Kobe will be well rested and ready for this upcoming season. I'm just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz

Sorry, Rico, but a well-rested Kobe will not fix your PG situation, nor will it alleviate your lack of bench.  Lakers arrogance starts with Kupchak and goes down - "we just have to get our players to play better, we don't need any changes."
    How'd that work out for you this year?  Many true Lakers fans that I know understand you have NO PG, NO bench, NO expiring contracts and NO 1st round pick!  You DO have Jerry West in GS, though..........which is scary!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Gotta love Faker fan that spends 5 hours a day thinking about the Boston Celtics. Maybe it's because he just can't deal with the SWEEPING demise of his own team so he has to spend all day trying to solve our problems. Next week you can help Miami out with their problems. you never know, maybe someone will finally see your genius and ask you to be the GM of their fantasy basketball team next year.
    Posted by beantown5

Agree with you.  You would think they would post on their own site.  I have never posted on a site of another team and never will. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Speaking of implosion, that was a great Fakers-Mavs playoff series don't you think? And with KoMe being recently accepted in the old "foggies" club himself, I'm pretty confident the Fakers will have more of those types of playoff series in years to come. Just sayin'
    Posted by stevekubersky

And this from a team that went 25 years with nothing. The Lakers are never out of it. We may be quiet for a couple of years here and there but not a quarter of a century. Face it the one and done Boston Cotex will be back--in 25 or 30 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on. : And this from a team that went 25 years with nothing. The Lakers are never out of it. We may be quiet for a couple of years here and there but not a quarter of a century. Face it the one and done Boston Cotex will be back--in 25 or 30 years.
    Posted by lakersavenger

22 years!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on. : 22 years!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

It's 25 because the 2008 one was tainted. The referees obviously gave the series to the keltics and Bynum was hurt. Also look at the free throw disparity and you'll see. In every one of the Lakers losses in that series the kelts had a big edge in free throws, so it was obviously tainted and doesn't count. 25 years since you last won legitimately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on. : It's 25 because the 2008 one was tainted. The referees obviously gave the series to the keltics and Bynum was hurt. Also look at the free throw disparity and you'll see. In every one of the Lakers losses in that series the kelts had a big edge in free throws, so it was obviously tainted and doesn't count. 25 years since you last won legitimately.
    Posted by lakersavenger

HA HA HA HA- tainted- ha ha ha ha!  Last year Game 7 was 37-17 Lakers - so that one is tainted also! TAINTED - I love it!!
    If Bynum didn't get hurt, you wouldn't have Gasol!!
    It was not until Bynum got hurt that you made that THEFT - trading a retired players contract for Gasol - WOW, talk about tainted.
    See,  YOU said you would leave us alone if we stopped calling you the fakers and said Kobe was a rapist.  Well, Kobe may not be a convicted rapist, but anyone who thinks 2008 was not a 100% arse-kicking deserves to be called a faker.  Would Bynum have scored 39 points in Game 6??  You LOST - deal with it!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

The Celts may have gone 21 years without a championship, but when they finally won it they won it with a big bang! Not only did the Celts hand the Lakers their 9th defeat against the Celts in the Finals, the Celts also made history by giving the Lakers their worst Finals defeat ever, 131-92, in Game 6 of the 2008 Finals. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

AND I'm sure that the next time you guys win it will be with an even bigger bang, IN 22 YEARS. By then, you will only be trailing the Lakers in titles 23 to 18, since we win 1 out of every 3 titles going back 30 years.

MUHOOOHAHAHAHA

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Kobe the PUNKAZZ RAPIST, you meathead...lmao......SWEEEP!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! I only attack those i hate!!!...only faker fans!
    Posted by jfaust1954

Spoken like a true Bunker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Re: Post-Perkins Celtics implosion marches on. : Spoken like a true Bunker.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Kobe the rapist got to love it ha ha ha so true so true talk about a thug team artest barns kobe the rapist ha ha ha.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Truthfully, I'd say the celtics are in much better position going forward than the lakers are.  They can play one (probably short) season and then they will get to start with a clean slate.  Not the case with the lakers.

Sections
Shortcuts