Post your Boston Celtic prediction here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Post your Boston Celtic prediction here

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know we've got the playoffs looming ahead of us, and the C's are playing some of their best ball of the season now.
    Nevertheless, we've got an off day for the first time in months (ok I'm exaggerating a bit, but it seems like that) so there's no gamethread and I'm starting this thread and going on the record with my big Boston Celtic prediction.

Celtics will sign Josh Smith and/or Dwight Howard in the offseason.

Any other Celtic fans got anything about the C's they think will happen in the near future?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Post your Boston Celtic prediction here

What kirk said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lol with rondo, howard, and smith on the floor at the same time.....that would be the worst free throw shooting team ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Post your Boston Celtic prediction here:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know we've got the playoffs looming ahead of us, and the C's are playing some of their best ball of the season now. Nevertheless, we've got an off day for the first time in months (ok I'm exaggerating a bit, but it seems like that) so there's no gamethread and I'm starting this thread and going on the record with my big Boston Celtic prediction. Celtics will sign Josh Smith and/or Dwight Howard in the offseason. Any other Celtic fans got anything about the C's they think will happen in the near future?
    Posted by breaktime

Banner # 18 will hang in the Garden in June.

As Always,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Celtics will go another 25 years before another title.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

2030 is the ordained year for the Celtics on 3 conditions:

1. That a current Celtic player becomes a coach in the NBA but does not coach the C's.
    2. That same coach gives his franchise player away to the Celtics for the sake of a cheeseburger and some fries.
    3. That Celtic team meets the western conference champs without two of their starting 5.

Good luck with that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston can beat anyone.  But that is depend the health of the team, and who they will face against in each round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Post your Boston Celtic prediction here:
    We will lose to Chicago in the Eastern Conference Finals.
    Posted by Kirk6

Boston will almost likely finish 4th in the east.
    They would have to face Chicago in the 2nd round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

2030 is the ordained year for the Celtics on 3 conditions: 1. That a current Celtic player becomes a coach in the NBA but does not coach the C's. 2. That same coach gives his franchise player away to the Celtics for the sake of a cheeseburger and some fries. 3. That Celtic team meets the western conference champs without two of their starting 5. Good luck with that!
    Posted by Elven 32

Wow what a burn! Man you are really funny!

So really why can't you stop thinking about the Celtics?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

We will lose to Chicago in the Eastern Conference Finals.
    Posted by Kirk6

I would be happy to see the Celtics get this far, even if we lose.  As long as Miami isn't playing in the NBA finals this year.  I also wouldn't be unhappy to see Chicago win another NBA championship.  I have relatives that live in Chicago, so I sometimes root for Chicago teams, if a Boston team isn't playing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I think Bruce Lee said he never predicted the outcome of a fight because it would have put him at a disadvantage either way, instead to let nature takes its course and adapt accordingly. 

Having said that, I predict that the reffs will stink and will once again make me question why I even watch this fraud of a league.  go Celts!!

other predictions,

- Wade will take cheap shots and never be held accountable

- Kobe will blame his teammates if they loose 

- Bynum will emerge (Kobe will try to take credit for it) yet still conduct himself   as an infant

- KG will make us proud

- Pierce will have a couple of moments, and a couple of completely flat games during each series.

- Bradley and Rondo will come to play, the reffs will turn on Bradley when he     begins to dominate Wade.  

- Steamsma will be the difference if he can hold up and continue to play better   than average.  He gets under the skin of opposing players, KG will capitalize on this.

- Ray will win them a game.  

- Pietrus will be the good villain

- Celts will raise #18

- Elvin32 will jump off a cliff, and annoy people on the way down.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Post your Boston Celtic prediction here : I would be happy to see the Celtics get this far, even if we lose.  As long as Miami isn't playing in the NBA finals this year.  I also wouldn't be unhappy to see Chicago win another NBA championship.  I have relatives that live in Chicago, so I sometimes root for Chicago teams, if a Boston team isn't playing. 
    Posted by susan250

I don't have a crystal ball but if as some say here as Kirk does that we will get to the Eastern Conference finals against the Bulls and lose.  I would say if we get that far we will defeat the Bulls.  Remember I am not saying we will get there, just that if we do I don't think this team will not be denied.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Post your Boston Celtic prediction here : Wow what a burn! Man you are really funny! So really why can't you stop thinking about the Celtics?
    Posted by snakeoil123

Snake, clearly this child needs to sit down with a psychiatrist or maybe a whole team of them from Vienna.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Post your Boston Celtic prediction here : I don't have a crystal ball but if as some say here as Kirk does that we will get to the Eastern Conference finals against the Bulls and lose.  I would say if we get that far we will defeat the Bulls.  Remember I am not saying we will get there, just that if we do I don't think this team will not be denied.
    Posted by concord27

Your post pretty much sums up by thoughts as well.  If we get that far I think we could take the Bulls if we play well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do you guys think we have a better chance to win our division than the Lakers do theirs ??? Wouldn't it be something if we met them again in the finals...bet the Vegas odds(if there are any) on this are probably 100-1.

They've been winning w/o Kobe. The last two games we lost to them by 1 pt and 3 pts, 88-87 and 97-94. They are ahead of us in the loss column so the dreaded 7th game if it went that far would be at Staples. I hate to open old wounds but we lost that 7th game by only 4 pts with Perkins out and they had the egregious gift from the refs 41-17 in foul shots or a chance to make 24 more points if they shot 100%. They didn't and shot a lousy 25 or 60% and we got 15 pts or 88% of our 17 but the 10 pts extra helped them thrash us by 4pts(HA!). I'm still pissed about that loss/robbery !!! Anyway, let's worry about winning our division first as whoever wins the West, they'll probably have home court advantage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Lakers v Celtics won't happen because the Celtics have zero chance of making the Finals. If by some miracle these two teams did meet the Celtics would get smashed. The Laker bigs would own the boards, MWP would beat up on PP, Kobe would own Ray all day and every day and with Ramon now a Laker, Gollum becomes defunct.

Bear in mind that Bynum played the '10 series on one leg and he is a far better player now than after he got ring #2, the celts would be demolished.

Be afraid of what you asked for, be very afraid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Lakers v Celtics won't happen because the Celtics have zero chance of making the Finals. If by some miracle these two teams did meet the Celtics would get smashed. The Laker bigs would own the boards, MWP would beat up on PP, Kobe would own Ray all day and every day and with Ramon now a Laker, Gollum becomes defunct. Bear in mind that Bynum played the '10 series on one leg and he is a far better player now than after he got ring #2, the celts would be demolished. Be afraid of what you asked for, be very afraid.
    Posted by Elven 32

So what's going on buddy?  Things okay at home?  Why all the obsessions about the Celtics?  How many times a day to check in to a forum about a basketball team you hate?

What's wrong?  Sometimes you have to reach out to a stranger because you don't have anyone in your real life to talk to.

We are all here for you.  Just let it out.  Did Kevin Stacom beat up your mom or something?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Post your Boston Celtic prediction here : I don't have a crystal ball but if as some say here as Kirk does that we will get to the Eastern Conference finals against the Bulls and lose.  I would say if we get that far we will defeat the Bulls.  Remember I am not saying we will get there, just that if we do I don't think this team will not be denied.
    Posted by concord27

You may be right.  If we got to the NBA finals this year, I think most of us would be surprised, but very happy that we made it that far. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celtics will go another 25 years before another title.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

Any other Celtic fans got anything about the C's they think will happen in the near future?

Confirms my suspicions.
    You don't read so good.  Most likely, you think the same way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

2030 is the ordained year for the Celtics on 3 conditions: 1. That a current Celtic player becomes a coach in the NBA but does not coach the C's. 2. That same coach gives his franchise player away to the Celtics for the sake of a cheeseburger and some fries. 3. That Celtic team meets the western conference champs without two of their starting 5. Good luck with that!
    Posted by Elven 32

You can't read a lick either.
    Somebody should post a Troll IQ test for these morons to take.
    That would be good for a few laughs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

1)Celtics will make easy work of the Magic in the first round without howard/with a not fully healthy howard/with a fully healthy howard and nobody else worth their weight in salt anyways.
    2)Celtics beat the Bulls in 7 in the 2nd round after the Bulls get a tough 6 game series from the Knicks. Boozer and Noah aren't quick enought to cover Bass or Garnett respectively, or to close out on their mid-range jumpers.
    3)Celtics...... beat the Heat in 7 games in the Eastern conference championship! The Heat are given a scare by the Pacers in 7 games the series before so both teams come in relatively tired.The Heat have nobody to cover Rondo or KG (especially with KG at center) and the Heat can never seem to crack the Celtics laser sharp team D with their offense relying heavily on Wade and Lebron isos.
    4) The exhaughsted Celtics lose in 5 to the WAY younger, and at this point, more talented Thunder, as the Celtics have nobody who can really cover  Durant, and Westbrook will render Rondo useless because of all the energy Rondo has to exert on both ends of the floor with Westbrook opposite him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Celts beat Atlanta in 4, the Bulls in 5, Miami in 6, and Oklahoma in 7.

Sections
Shortcuts