Post Your Player Odds

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Post Your Player Odds

Come this time next year, what do you feel are the odds for players that willl still be on the team.

Fav - 100%

Oly - 100%

Sully - 80%  (can't under value court-sense and offensive rebounding)

Green - 70%. He's our defacto leader and we will need a veteran. (unless we draft a SF with our first pick and JG doesn't show consistency at SF or adjust to SG this year.  

Rondo - 50% (because he is the only quality piece to unload our bad contract(s) and get a high quality player in return... I think Danny will find value in a more all-around player with a longer term better contract than RR will be after.

Bradley - 50% (because he can't play PG and he is too small and doesn't shoot well enough for the SG. His D will return value in a trade).

[Odds are 100% that one of either Rondo or Bradley will not be on the team]

Lee - 30%  (the more we showcase him, the lower his value drops...)

Bass - 20%  (time to develop real talent for the rebuild)

Wallace - 20%  (no room for both he and Green and aging Wallace's awful contract)

Crawford - 20%  (has amazing offensive skills, but has putrid decision making.  Good as a situational player for a loaded team. Horrible for a rebuild looking to establish fundamentals)

Hump - 0%  (buh bye)

Brooks, Pressey and Bogans - 0% (temporary bench fillers and trade detritus)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Post Your Player Odds

My Odds:

Fav - 80% - Likely stays as an affordable backup Center who can start. Could be used as trade bait, could pull a Darko and chose not to make money playing basketball

Oly - 80% - 20% chance he's included in a trade after a promising rookie year

Sully - 60% - A good chance a decision is made on whether to keep KO or Sully if both prove to be capable starting PFs. I see Sully as a key piece in a trade to upgrade at the PF spot to a Lamarcus Aldridge type.

Green - 50% - Either he gets moved when we select Jabari Parker in the 2014 draft, or he is kept when we use the pick to cash in on a 20-10 PF/C type (Aldridge), a true 50/50

Rondo - 80% - Most valuable asset, but its very doubtful we get full value in return. If things go south and there is an offer for a young potential blue-chipper and a high draft pick a la Jrue Holiday trade, Rondo gets moved. Very unlikely.

Bradley - 70% - A lot depends on how he plays with Rondo back. Even if Bradley is not the SG of the future, its difficult for teams to move players in their QO year. I doubt a team offers him the upper end of his range (4-8M). If someone crazily offers Bradley 8M, I don't see how DA matches that.

Lee - 40% - Ideally he is packaged with Bass for a single better player. Danny may look to deal Lee for an expiring contract. With three years left on the deal, it'll be a tough move.

Bass - 20% - Best trade asset we have. Bass can help a contending team without disrupting their chemestry. 

Wallace - 60% - Danny's main focus. Try to move him for anything, hopefully expiring contracts. It also depends on Green's future. If Green is traded and Parker is selected in the draft, Wallace is palatable as an expensive backup SF & Vet. He'll prove difficult to move.

Crawford - 20% - I bet you Danny looks to keep him as a cheap combo guard backup after there is no interest in the free agent market. Could easily be dealt as an expiring contract. I'd keep him for 3 years 6M TOTAL.

Brooks - 20% - Could be used in a trade as an expiring, otherwise if no offers next summer, he could be brought back using bird rights in a late summer deal

Pressey - 20% - Pressey is a hard worker, will be cheap, but can he be an effective backup PG?

Hump - 0% Maybe part of a trade, but most likely salary reduction

Bogans - 0% 

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

There are no players on this team who are GUARENTEED to be here next year. There are only a few players of that caliber in the entire LEAGUE (aside from no-trade-contract guys). Nobody except Rondo on this team is a real potential franchise player.

Again, I don't think Sully & KO can be the front-court of the future. Both are PFs. Perhaps one is a starter, the other off the bench, but there is no championship ring with those two as your PF & C

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are no players on this team who are GUARENTEED to be here next year. There are only a few players of that caliber in the entire LEAGUE (aside from no-trade-contract guys). Nobody except Rondo on this team is a real potential franchise player.

Again, I don't think Sully & KO can be the front-court of the future. Both are PFs. Perhaps one is a starter, the other off the bench, but there is no championship ring with those two as your PF & C

[/QUOTE]

I agree and with Sully being undersized as far as height is concerned and with potential reoccurring back issues it's best to trade him while his value is increasing before the unexpected happens. He, Hump & Bass are probably our best trade assets unless someone makes an offer that can't be refused for Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is why I think Hump, Sully & our 2014 pick is more than enough to fetch Lamarcus Aldridge. Maybe we can even sneakily get away with the pick being protected? How awesome would that be? a top 8 protected pick ... we land #4, draft Jabari Parker... lets say we pull off the Asik trade as well... 

YOUR 2014 BOSTON CELTICS!:

Rondo / Pressey 

Bradley / Crawford

Parker / Green / Wallace

Aldridge / Olynyk

Asik / Favarani

That's a team with HEALTHY starting line-up issues, as in too much competiting talent ... btw ... you could also play a nasty big lineup of Rondo, Green, Parker, Aldridge, Asik considering what we've seen thus far this year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

If Toronto is willing to give up Lowry for Nash why don't the C's offer Bogans for Lowry?

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/11/04/nba-rumors-and-news-for-november-4-2013/

[/QUOTE]

LOWRY STINKS!

and Bogans isn't a Canadian!

There's two reasons right there

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Hahaha you racist (right Fungus?) ... And Bogans doesn't stink as well?

I just want to kill two birds with one stone by getting even with the Fakers for screwing up the Jermaine O'Neal for David West trade a few years ago and getting a real PG so AB can go back to SG.

[/QUOTE]

Aint racist .. its the truth. Last time I check canadian is a nationality, not a race.

Lowry plain sucks, but there's no reason for Toronto to do a Bogans for Lowry swap. If anything i gets them slightly worse for this year, and makes us slightly better for this year. Kind of opposite of what we're going for.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hahaha you racist (right Fungus?) ... And Bogans doesn't stink as well?

I just want to kill two birds with one stone by getting even with the Fakers for screwing up the Jermaine O'Neal for David West trade a few years ago and getting a real PG so AB can go back to SG.

[/QUOTE]

Aint racist .. its the truth. Last time I check canadian is a nationality, not a race.

Lowry plain sucks, but there's no reason for Toronto to do a Bogans for Lowry swap. If anything i gets them slightly worse for this year, and makes us slightly better for this year. Kind of opposite of what we're going for.

[/QUOTE]

Pulling your chain ... Fungus thinks differentiating between Americans and Europeans is racist!

Why would they take back Nash ... two years @ $9MM? We could use Lowry for the remainder of the year and as a backup to Rondo. Personally I'd rather waive Bogans, reduce our cap expense and sign a guy like Marshall (though the scouting report out of Phoenix isn't very flattering) at the minimum.

[/QUOTE]

We can't waive Bogans and reduce cap space.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Again, why would Bogans agree to take $4M when he can get $5M ??? He knows he will not be resigned by the Celtics anyway.  There is NOTHING that would motivate him to negotiate a buyout a a lower price.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts