Potential 18-game Winning Streak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Potential 18-game Winning Streak

Very doable for the Celtics. 

Three games at home and 3 on the road. At home against Indy, Philly, and NO. No back to back games at home. On the road against Orlando, Indy, and Detroit.  The road games at Indy and Detroit are on back to back nights. 

Most probably Shaq is going to play later against Indy because Erden has a groin pull. Earlier today JO practiced for the first time since early November. He also said he hopes to play against the Magic next week. 

It will be huge if the Celtics can pull it off, an 18-game winning streak.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak

That is being very optimistic, but I suppose it is possible for this to happen.  Although, it is almost impossible to keep winning every game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Considering the C's are the best team in the NBA when healthy, lets put this in its proper perspective.

With everyone healthy, we should run the table the rest of the season. Why not? We're the best team so by definition, we should be the favorites each game. Anticipating Shaq, West, JON, Rondo & Perk all being back by mid Jan, with no further injuries.. we should win the remainder of the games in the reg season and sweep each playoff series to the championship.

These calculations were verified by applying some of my advanced algorithm theories and defining results as enumerably infinite, which provided confirmation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Who cares about a winning streak at this point? And at what price?

Fools gold. Doesn't mean SQUAT.

Now a winning streak during the playoffs.... that could be another matter. Particularly if the last win  finishes things off for the year. 

Same with all-star selections. UTTER SQUAT-DOODLE!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Winning streak is good but losing streak is bad. Cs was 27-2 last year and/or the year before. The second half then was miserable. I prefer to win 4 or 5 and then lose one. Give bench all the minutes in the losing games. Haha! Crazy ideas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont care who many they win in a row.  Just pound them early and let the bench carry them home in the 4th.  If they can do that I dont care if they dont loose for the rest of the season and playoffs.  Honestly, just dont loose to the bad teams and put up a good fight against the good ones and I will be happy with the results.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Potential 18-game Winning Streak:
    [QUOTE]Very doable for the Celtics.  Three games at home and 3 on the road. At home against Indy, Philly, and NO. No back to back games at home. On the road against Orlando, Indy, and Detroit.  The road games at Indy and Detroit are on back to back nights.  Most probably Shaq is going to play later against Indy because Erden has a groin pull. Earlier today JO practiced for the first time since early November. He also said he hopes to play against the Magic next week.  It will be huge if the Celtics can pull it off, an 18-game winning streak.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Maybe...but that still isn't ANYWHERE close to the '71-'72 LA Lakers record of 33 straight. That record WON'T be touched by this Celtics team.

Like DiMaggio's hitting streak...this is one of the untouchable records.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak:
    [QUOTE]Considering the C's are the best team in the NBA when healthy, lets put this in its proper perspective. With everyone healthy, we should run the table the rest of the season. Why not? We're the best team so by definition, we should be the favorites each game. Anticipating Shaq, West, JON, Rondo & Perk all being back by mid Jan, with no further injuries.. we should win the remainder of the games in the reg season and sweep each playoff series to the championship. These calculations were verified by applying some of my advanced algorithm theories and defining results as enumerably infinite, which provided confirmation.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking, but it won't happen. You're implying that this Celtics team will DESTROY the LA Lakers record of 33 straight wins. Even the most diehard Celtics fan doesn't believe this.

The injuries are already taking a toll on this team. The C's aren't even half way to the Lakers win streak. You have a good team, but this team isn't even as good as the Jordan-Pippen Bulls teams and THEY never even came close to the Lakers win streak.

Maybe you should just be happy if they win the East and get an opportunity to play the Lakers in a rematch of last years finals. BTW, the Lakers, with Bynum back, are also heating up. I don't believe they'll have a chance of beating that Lakers record win streak...but I think they're better equipped to do it than the Celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Potential 18-game Winning Streak : Maybe...but that still isn't ANYWHERE close to the '71-'72 LA Lakers record of 33 straight. That record WON'T be touched by this Celtics team. Like DiMaggio's hitting streak...this is one of the untouchable records.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about breaking that record of 33 wins in a row?

I only said the Celtics could potentially win the remaining 3 games at home and the 3 on the road. I didn't say the Celtics would win 33 games in a row.

Did you take too much medication? 

It's not a good sign if you're seeing things differently from what they actually are. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK Q....I know the Laker streak will never be broken.......that's a given....it also happened what, almost 40 years ago?  ....isn't this the time frame some young Laker fans call irrelevant?....you know....the old days? ...anyway....both teams are on fire and beating their opponents.....(or just playing the schedule they were given as some say)....but consider....against teams with winning records:

Celtics...10-2

Lakers.....2-5

........just saying........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]OK Q....I know the Laker streak will never be broken.......that's a given....it also happened what, almost 40 years ago?  ....isn't this the time frame some young Laker fans call irrelevant?....you know....the old days? ...anyway....both teams are on fire and beating their opponents.....(or just playing the schedule they were given as some say)....but consider....against teams with winning records: Celtics...10-2 Lakers.....2-5 ........just saying........
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke, we can't do anything about the scheduling. I'll admit that I'm glad it worked out that way for the Lakers because it gave the Lakers a chance to get Bynum back. Now that he's healthy and working into shape, we have BIG expectations for the Lakers.

Conversely, the C's have played a more difficult schedule and so far have navigated their injuries well.

I saw the Lakers win those 33 in a row and it was ALL the sporting news at that time. That's why I thought it was laughable when that idiot Jeff Van Gumby predicted that the "new big 3" would break that AND the Bulls 72 win record. That clown doesn't realize how difficult it is to win 72 or 33 straight. BTW, that 72 wins by the Bulls broke the Lakers record of 69 wins...the same Lakers team that set the 33 consecutive wins record.

Right now, there's a few "really hot" teams, so this may be a season for the ages.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]OK Q....I know the Laker streak will never be broken.......that's a given....it also happened what, almost 40 years ago?  ....isn't this the time frame some young Laker fans call irrelevant?....you know....the old days? ...anyway....both teams are on fire and beating their opponents.....(or just playing the schedule they were given as some say)....but consider....against teams with winning records: Celtics...10-2 Lakers.....2-5 ........just saying........
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Q is just so happy because the Lakers just beat the 10-18 Toronto Raptors a few hours ago. 

He's just jealous because the Lakers are just the 3rd best team in the west right now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : Duke, we can't do anything about the scheduling. I'll admit that I'm glad it worked out that way for the Lakers because it gave the Lakers a chance to get Bynum back. Now that he's healthy and working into shape, we have BIG expectations for the Lakers. Conversely, the C's have played a more difficult schedule and so far have navigated their injuries well. I saw the Lakers win those 33 in a row and it was ALL the sporting news at that time. That's why I thought it was laughable when that idiot Jeff Van Gumby predicted that the "new big 3" would break that AND the Bulls 72 win record. That clown doesn't realize how difficult it is to win 72 or 33 straight. BTW, that 72 wins by the Bulls broke the Lakers record of 69 wins...the same Lakers team that set the 33 consecutive wins record. Right now, there's a few "really hot" teams, so this may be a season for the ages.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Wow! You saw that 33-game winning streak? You must be so old right now, huh?

No wonder you act like someone with Alzheimer's. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

[QUOTE]I dont care who many they win in a row.  Just pound them early and let the bench carry them home in the 4th.  If they can do that I dont care if they dont loose for the rest of the season and playoffs.  Honestly, just dont loose to the bad teams and put up a good fight against the good ones and I will be happy with the results.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I've seen your posts and finally want to ask: hey jdm894g,what was that like being a celts fan as a kid in LA?, hat's off to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : I've seen your posts and finally want to ask: hey jdm894g,what was that like being a celts fan as a kid in LA?, hat's off to you.
    Posted by bostonian128[/QUOTE]
    It was pretty tough especially during the 80s when both teams were relevant. In my JR High year book a lot folks gave me crap about the 87 win by the Lakers.  I still feel sick everytime I see that baby skyhook by Magic. During the 90s not much was said because both teams really struggled and Fakers fans was quiet out here. It has only been recent since the resurrgence of the Celtics that folks start talking crap.  it came close when the Celtics made it too the ECF i believe in 01.  I wear my Celtics gear with pride.   When Fakers fans say something I just ask them to get on all the folks wearing cowboy, eagles, SF Giants, NY yankees gear and leave me alone.  LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Winning in streak is like blowing bubbles. Now you see it, now you don't.
    When you see Miami streak pass the Celtics, its just a pissing contest. Two dogs marking their territory....Nothing else.

Does not mean anything. Celtic advantage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]That is being very optimistic, but I suppose it is possible for this to happen.  Although, it is almost impossible to keep winning every game. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Not ALMOST impossible to keep winning every game, but IMPOSSIBLE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares about a winning streak at this point? And at what price? Fools gold. Doesn't mean SQUAT . Now a winning streak during the playoffs.... that could be another matter. Particularly if the last win  finishes things off for the year.  Same with all-star selections. UTTER SQUAT-DOODLE! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I care about the streak.  I would love to have home court for the playoffs. You wouldn't?    Not it doesn't mean a lot but it doesn't instill fear in the opponents.  What price?  What do you mean?  We are playing everyone on our roster.  Only guys playing more than they should are PP and RA and they aren't just playing a ton on minutes.  Doc has said he would make up their minutes diff later on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Clarification

To some of the posters who read my earlier post of the Celtics running the table for the rest of the reg season and sweeping through the playoffs... I WASNT BEING SERIOUS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Clarification To some of the posters who read my earlier post of the Celtics running the table for the rest of the reg season and sweeping through the playoffs... I WASNT BEING SERIOUS

Come on now. Tell the truth you thought we were going undefeated the rest of the year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : I care about the streak.  I would love to have home court for the playoffs. You wouldn't?    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm just believing you guys, telling me last year that home court no longer counts.
    I remember vividly when the Celtics not the top dog. Everyone said...HC is just a pinch nerve & no longer an advantage.
    Now it's an advantage?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : Hey, I'm just believing you guys, telling me last year that home court no longer counts. I remember vividly when the Celtics not the top dog. Everyone said...HC is just a pinch nerve & no longer an advantage. Now it's an advantage?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Of course its a advantage. More so for some teams than others though. You can't name one team in the league that doesn't want it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I want HC because I like watching games played in Boston better than on the road. Its great for fans... dont think it matters much for the games tho, esp with refs running around determined to impose their will

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]I want HC because I like watching games played in Boston better than on the road. Its great for fans... dont think it matters much for the games tho, esp with refs running around determined to impose their will

I agree with that, I think one reason why some believed the refs phantom calls overpowered HC. I think Stern trying to take the HC advantage out silently.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Winning streaks are a lot of fun and it's fun to speculate how long they will last.
       It's common for teams to go on a losing streak after a long winning streak ends. However with the maturity of this C's team, I'm not concerned about that.