Potential 18-game Winning Streak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak

In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak:
    Winning streaks are a lot of fun and it's fun to speculate how long they will last.    It's common for teams to go on a losing streak after a long winning streak ends. However with the maturity of this C's team, I'm not concerned about that.
    Posted by mem17

How do we all feel about tanking games?  Doc effectively said after last season that they tanked games by "managing minutes", in other words if we are in a game - win it, if we are in a game but the stars have already played too much - don't win it, if we are out of games - we are out of games.......

Is there any part of this Celtics team that thinks "we had the longest losing streak in the league in 2006" ... "so this year we have to have the longest winning streak this year"......

They will lose when the combination of Doc managing minutes and a good team has a very good game.  I am not sure when that will happen but what is clear is that they have not really played any really good teams recently.

The Christmas Magic game should be scratched off the calendar as a win against a good team...........

I love the NFL and look at games as either quality wins or who cares?  So when you beat Indy and Indy is missing all of their skill players and you win by 3, it is not a quality win.....

So.......... while the Cs have a lot longer schedule, they do not have a lot of quality wins..... they have two wins against the Knicks by a total of 6 points, they have 3 OT wins - so they are a total of about 10 points away from being 17 and 9 and being what most would consider an average team but they did indeed win.... and a win is a win is a win....

Either way I don't think there should be any losses until they get to NO and that might be a stretch as well.

That does not mean that they won't lose a game by losing focus.  That gets back to losing focus, managing minutes, and tanking games.

When all is said and done there is not even a remote chance they can get to 33 wins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : It was pretty tough especially during the 80s when both teams were relevant. In my JR High year book a lot folks gave me crap about the 87 win by the Lakers.  I still feel sick everytime I see that baby skyhook by Magic. During the 90s not much was said because both teams really struggled and Fakers fans was quiet out here. It has only been recent since the resurrgence of the Celtics that folks start talking crap.  it came close when the Celtics made it too the ECF i believe in 01.  I wear my Celtics gear with pride.   When Fakers fans say something I just ask them to get on all the folks wearing cowboy, eagles, SF Giants, NY yankees gear and leave me alone.  LOL!!!
    Posted by jdm894g
    ]]
    a true fan and don't remind me of that skyhook!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : It was pretty tough especially during the 80s when both teams were relevant. In my JR High year book a lot folks gave me crap about the 87 win by the Lakers.  I still feel sick everytime I see that baby skyhook by Magic. During the 90s not much was said because both teams really struggled and Fakers fans was quiet out here. It has only been recent since the resurrgence of the Celtics that folks start talking crap.  it came close when the Celtics made it too the ECF i believe in 01.  I wear my Celtics gear with pride.   When Fakers fans say something I just ask them to get on all the folks wearing cowboy, eagles, SF Giants, NY yankees gear and leave me alone.  LOL!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

You remind me of my nephew...he's a CLIPPERS fan in L.A. It must be brutal for both of you.

L.A. is a LAKER CITY!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : You remind me of my nephew...he's a CLIPPERS fan in L.A. It must be brutal for both of you. L.A. is a LAKER CITY!
    Posted by Qdaddy

It's all good.  Im a life long RAMS fan as well.  I do believe they were robbed against the PATS in the super bowl in 02.  The Rams beat them in Foxboro in cold weather on grass and go to a Dome and lose? It was a conspiracy for "America's Team," as all the confetti fell.  Celtics/Rams are my pro teams and I dont really have a MLB team...I just root for any good small market team. Never liked the Dodgers/Angels/kings/Ducks/USC/UCLA.

Im sure there are some native Bostonians who are Fakers fans....It may be harder to get away with being a Fakers fan in Boston than being a Celtics fan in LA because LA is a place where a lot of people move from all over and they still route for their former home teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Potential 18-game Winning Streak : It's all good.  Im a life long RAMS fan as well.  I do believe they were robbed against the PATS in the super bowl in 02.  The Rams beat them in Foxboro in cold weather on grass and go to a Dome and lose? It was a conspiracy for "America's Team," as all the confetti fell.  Celtics/Rams are my pro teams and I dont really have a MLB team...I just root for any good small market team. Never liked the Dodgers/Angels/kings/Ducks/USC/UCLA. Im sure there are some native Bostonians who are Fakers fans....It may be harder to get away with being a Fakers fan in Boston than being a Celtics fan in LA because LA is a place where a lot of people move from all over and they still route for their former home teams.
    Posted by jdm894g

Man, I'm with you. I was a Ram AND Raider fan. How do you think I felt...that's the same year that the sorry azz Pat's beat the Raiders on that bull$hit "tuck" rule. That was a fumble and EVERYBODY knew it. Then to have the Rams lose in the Super Bowl. That really pi$$ed me off.

I do like Tom Brady cause he's a Cali boy, but I've hated the Pat's ever since. Nobody loved watching the Pat's "undefeated" season come to an more than me and the Miami Dolphins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

let me know when the streak hits 89.

Sections
Shortcuts